Romain Jerome?

Chipster

Saw some old discussions on them from quite a few years ago but nothing recent. Anyone owned one? Seems like there are some at 50% of retail. Becoming more interested in picking up a nice watch sub 10k in the near future. SomE decent Bell & Ross and Hublot ones that interest me too but mostly the RJs

No

:iamwithstupid:

Seems like there are some at 50% of retail.

And you already answered your own question. There's an obvious reason as to why some are 50% off.

If I got one it would be a keeper. Was more curious about the watch itself. Functions well, little maintenance, comfortable, etc. It seems like those sentiments you guys have are the same from years ago but I was thinking that was the case with pricing near MSRP. Thought views might have changed regarding pricing since they are new but over half off. Worth a shot though so I appreciate you guys chiming in.

• 2 weeks later...

Like what? We all have our tastes. Most of the other stuff I see appeals to me none. I like rubber clad types. Like AP ROOs but all of them would be m9re than I'd spend.

Whatever makes you happy Chip, watches are a very personal item... I do tend to agree with the above tho... as a watch guy... I really liked my Panerai Base Laminor on a rubber strap. They have the black ceramic ones as well and I know dealers would move 25% which would put you under 10K. The watches you mentioned would be fine for a couple hundred dollars but when spending thousands, better off getting a watch with a known movement and a good dealer network.... just my $0.02 at the end of the day whatever makes you happy... My ultimate sub 10K watch is the Rolex Submariner but if its not your taste then doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

The Watches above aren't bad. Hadn't really seen any Panerai with rubber straps before. AP diver looks good. Rolex definitely is not my style but they are nice. If I do end up getting something I will surely post it in here. Renting a place with the gf in the next month or so, so no purchases for a while anyways lol.