Mercedes C63 runs over cop in Times Square NYC and escapes

sl55

That was bad mistake.. but makes me also wonder...

Once again police with gun in hand, if there was reasonable talk waiting and a ticket, it might have went otherway but when any confrontation with US cop is with gun in hand it might escalate things further than they should.

btw. I cant decide if I am more frustrated that his mercedes is clearly lacking a rear diff and only spins driverside rear tyre OR from how that video commentator speaks. Hoodz and Ghettoz YO!

Wow. That went from a best case careless driving to probably worst case reckless driving charge to assault on an officer with a deadly weapon, fleeing and eluding, hit and run, etc. The guy is fucked.

Once again police with gun in hand, if there was reasonable talk waiting and a ticket, it might have went otherway but when any confrontation with US cop is with gun in hand it might escalate things further than they should.

He was pointing with his left hand and then drew his gun (with his right hand) while he was in the process of getting run over (gun in right hand after the car drives off).

That's a completely justified reason to draw your weapon...and also was smart not to start wildly shooting after the guy drives off (which isn't justified).

I think the idiot driver after realized that he’s screwed due to his own stupidity chose the better of two evils, taking off and going to jail later over being shot and possibly killed on the spot.

The car will be reported stolen and unless the cops can prove who the driver was, no charges will be filed. However there are tons of HiDef cameras all over the city so I am sure they have been able to track the car for awhile. He probably made a right and hit the West Side Hwy. Lincoln Tunnel would be the closest out, otherwise the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel or north up to the GW into Jersey. Then again, they may have abandoned the car in a neighborhood and fled on foot. Main thing, tons of cameras.

How long will be the jail sentence?

These guys are looking at very long sentences.

Roman can probably better speak as to the charges they face, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see: hit and run, reckless endangerment, dangerous driving, assault with a weapon, assaulting a police officer, attempted murder of a police officer. (Plus what ever additional charges they can lay)

They are going to make examples of these guys.