The Dreaded Gas won't filll up *click click*

This has happened in some of my other cars like previous F430. Now it's with my Murcie SV. I dread going to fill it up with gas. I put the fkn nozzle in at all different angles and pull the nipple up and sprinkle Holy water and the frickin nozzle clicks. Is there a kink in the drain pour tube or is there supposed be a pop off valve?

How many gallons does the Murcie SV fuel tank supposed to hold?

My car is under CPO so maybe dealer needs to replace gas tank?

not sure if the SV tank or filler is any different from the LP640 ones, but i know it's very problematic with all the new vapor guards on CA pumps. it's a pain in the ass. i hate it because you end up looking foolish almost playing around, wiggling the spout around till it works. so annoying. i think its mainly a vapor guard issue than the tank itself. i know some people had a remedy for it (like a plastic ring or something you can put onto the filler first, then put the nozzle in. it helps create a better seal and pushes vapor guard back evenly. something to trick the gas pumps.

This was actually discussed in some detail on this forum many many years ago when the Murci was new. I think it may have been lost during the big LP site crash many moons ago. NRG x Lambo is correct. It has something to do with adding a plastic ring between the filler rim and the gas nozzle so that the vapour guard is pushed back uniformly. Not sure about the following but perhaps SP Engineering, this forum's administrator would carry such a device?

I had a similar issue on my Gallardo, I would place the filler cap on its side next to the filler inlet, this would pull up the vapor barrier and 9 times out of ten, it worked.

I had a similar issue on my Gallardo, I would place the filler cap on its side next to the filler inlet, this would pull up the vapor barrier and 9 times out of ten, it worked.

I don't think its the car, it's the pump. My old Range Rover has trouble too. There are certain gas stations in my area that I just avoid now because of the new style pump handles. Strangely enough though, some places with the vapor guards seem to fill just fine. I typically try to use Chevron or Shell gas and they're hit and miss within the same brand. I'm pretty sure it's down to the tech that installs/services the pump. They can kinda tune them up IF they can be bothered to take the time.

I don't think its the car, it's the pump. My old Range Rover has trouble too. There are certain gas stations in my area that I just avoid now because of the new style pump handles. Strangely enough though, some places with the vapor guards seem to fill just fine. I typically try to use Chevron or Shell gas and they're hit and miss within the same brand. I'm pretty sure it's down to the tech that installs/services the pump. They can kinda tune them up IF they can be bothered to take the time.

It's absolutely the car. I have never had an issue with any another vehicle I have owned. I see motorcycles with filler on top of the tank having the same issue. CA gas stations, other states who knows.

never had a problem filing a Lamborghini, ever, until I took one to California. It is with the vapor lock on the pump. I was low on gas and kept trying the pump at a certain station, I could not get it to work. I got in the car, pulled to another pump, and it worked fine. Cali pumps and Lamborghini product doesn't mesh well. Probably a conspiracy brought on by Prius owners that Allan has pissed off.

I think it's both. The diametre of the filler rim vs. the diametre of the vapour barrier. If the two don't couple well, problem arises, particular on some European cars.

Just a theory: I wonder if something as simple as this would solve the problem. Providing the nozzle of the pump fits through the hole of the tape core and it's wide enough to push the vapour barrier back.

tape.jpg

Did you have issues w your roadster? I never had an issue w my Murcie or my LP640.

Yet

Not sure if your question was meant for me but if so, no, not at all on any of my cars as where I am at, we do not have that vapour contraption. I was trying to help answering Plastique999's question.

The roadster, btw, had been replaced.

Not sure if your question was meant for me but if so, no, not at all on any of my cars as where I am at, we do not have that vapour contraption. I was trying to help answering Plastique999's question.

The roadster, btw, had been replaced.

It was for Plastique as he also replaced a roadster with an SV. :icon_thumleft:

I was also wondering because I live in So Cal like he does.

It was for Plastique as he also replaced a roadster with an SV. :icon_thumleft:

I was also wondering because I live in So Cal like he does.

Got it. :icon_thumleft: :turboalex:

Did you have issues w your roadster? I never had an issue w my Murcie or my LP640.

Yet

No interestingly, my roadster was fine at gas stations....

I am in Cali so perhaps these vapor barriers are the issue? But it's at almost any gas tank....

Does anyone have the plastic nozzle thing that can fool the gas pump?

I am in Cali so perhaps these vapor barriers are the issue? But it's at almost any gas tank....

See 6 posts above (Post#9) for theorized possible solution.

That's why I asked. I too am here. You and I have a lot of the same friends like Gonzo and Yudi though we haven't met yet. In fact that famous pic from Toys 4 Tots with all the Lambo's, Gonzo had called me to be in it but I had already left.

That's why I asked. I too am here. You and I have a lot of the same friends like Gonzo and Yudi though we haven't met yet. In fact that famous pic from Toys 4 Tots with all the Lambo's, Gonzo had called me to be in it but I had already left.

Aw yes, thought so....I figured we ran the same circles. A bunch of us were at LBGP this past Sunday. We need to get all the SoCal Lambo's together!

Now if I could only fill up my tank!

Btw, how many gallons does the Murcie hold?

This is what I did on my Gallardo...

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Ga...rs_Gas_Fill.htm

I think it's both. The diametre of the filler rim vs. the diametre of the vapour barrier. If the two don't couple well, problem arises, particular on some European cars.

Just a theory: I wonder if something as simple as this would solve the problem. Providing the nozzle of the pump fits through the hole of the tape core and it's wide enough to push the vapour barrier back.

Another frustrated So Cal Gallardo owner here. I've literally only filled up my car at Chevron with the Superleggera and have come to expect using my other hand to hold the vapor shield back in order to finish filling up. Not a good look, and smelly hands are the worst. I really like that simple solution you posted and will be picking one of these up at the hardware store soon. Thanks!

Never had an issue filling mine, in numerous European countries.

The Americans always seem to have weird issues happening with their cars :D

I never had any issues filling up any of my Lambos, including the Diablos, that almost every American has problems with.

Good chance the charcoal canister needs to be replaced. They get saturated with gas and don't vent well. That would be my first step.

Good chance the charcoal canister needs to be replaced. They get saturated with gas and don't vent well. That would be my first step.

Good note! Will have to check this