E-gear wont prime on opening of door

gez

Any ideas on why my e-gear system wont prime upon opening of door. The interior light comes on when i open the door but the system wont prime. I have to turn the key to ignition and wait for the system to prime before the car will turn over. Again the dealer has no idea as to what is happening and has asked for assistance from Lamborghini in Italy.

is the E-gear that's priming or the fuel pump?

My 2010 Audi A4 makes exactly the same sound when I open the door I always thought it was the fuel pump that I hear I could be wrong.

Is the transmission functioning properly?

is the E-gear that's priming or the fuel pump?

My 2010 Audi A4 makes exactly the same sound when I open the door I always thought it was the fuel pump that I hear I could be wrong.

Is the transmission functioning properly?

Fortis, might not be your fuel pump, might be the pump for your DSG transmission if that is what you have. As for the e gear pump not priming, maybe the wiring to the back from the door is damaged?

Have your battery checked.

He is right here too, could be low voltage. These cars get a little haywire when the voltage drops. Might be enough to start the car but... Maybe a new battery?

mine did it until I put a very expensive battery in the car. :-) really irritating, but yes low voltage causes it.

Could be something as simple as a faulty driver door pin switch? Try that!

He said the interior light comes on when he opens the door...

Thanks guys

the battery is new and voltages check ok. The system primes up when the ignition key is turned to ignition system primes and then i can turn the engine over.

The e-gear works ok only problem is it wont prime when the door is opened. Dealer is confused cause the interior light comes on so its not a wiring or switch problem in the door.

Fortis, might not be your fuel pump, might be the pump for your DSG transmission if that is what you have. As for the e gear pump not priming, maybe the wiring to the back from the door is damaged?

you are right my car has the double clutch transmission so it definitely could be that.

Is there a safety built in to prevent the e-gear from priming when the door is open? In my Murci if the door is open it won't go into gear.

"Is there a safety built in to prevent the e-gear from priming when the door is open? In my Murci if the door is open it won't go into gear. "

Both the Gallardo has a safety swith to prevent the car to into gear when the door is opened. The e-gear pump is already primed at this stage.

Thanks guys

the battery is new and voltages check ok. The system primes up when the ignition key is turned to ignition system primes and then i can turn the engine over.

The e-gear works ok only problem is it wont prime when the door is opened. Dealer is confused cause the interior light comes on so its not a wiring or switch problem in the door.

the 560 front bar fitment is the best I've seen, very good looking car :icon_thumleft:

One thing I don't like is the orange on the rims.

This is a sign of an E-Gear software error, where the LIE's and E-Gear reflashed? If so see if they can upload an older software version for diagnosis purpose. I need the full specs of the vehicle. The way the pump is designed is to prime when pressure drops below specified amount and door is opened "getting ready mode".

As for the vehicle not going into gear when door is open this is a safety design so you don't have a runaway vehicle with no driver inside the car.

"As for the vehicle not going into gear when door is open this is a safety design so you don't have a runaway vehicle with no driver inside the car."

And it sucks when im trying to back my car on my lift to see where my rear tire is to line it up....along with the stupid beeping....

Is your car in neutral? I don't know if mine primes if I left it in neutral when I shut it off.

Is your car in neutral? I don't know if mine primes if I left it in neutral when I shut it off.

Your car does prime the same way as the previous model except much quieter. It shares the same base strategy.

Yes, thanks. I missed that....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW everyone - I think everyone knows this already, but the pump only primes on opening the driver's door, and not the passenger door.

Could be something as simple as a faulty driver door pin switch? Try that!

:eusa_naughty:

Nice job Mike! :icon_thumleft:

Carbuff @ Mar 11 2010, 03:08 PM): Could be something as simple as a faulty driver door pin switch? Try that!

:eusa_naughty:

Carbuff: Yes, thanks. I missed that....

Nice job Mike! :icon_thumleft:

Pokie, do you have anything useful to add to help this member solve his problem, or are you only posting here to be rude again (as in your previous posts directed at me)?

Do you actually not have anything better to do? Like maybe driving :eek3dance: your G instead of posting poison pen posts?

[\quote]

Pokie, do you have anything useful to add to help this member solve his problem, or are you only posting here to be rude again (as in your previous posts directed at me)?

Do you actually not have anything better to do? Like maybe driving :eek3dance: your G instead of posting poison pen posts?

Carbuff,

You are the only one who is adding something obviously wrong. I was only stating the fact and what seems pretty obvious. Btw, I don't have a G! I have a Superleggera and you got it wrong again! :icon_mrgreen:

Did This Problem ever get solved? I just got my 07 G back from the dealer after winter storage/servicing and now mine doesn't prime anymore when i open the door.....

Guys, are we sure this is an eGear priming? My buddy said he checked his 04 and what made this sound was the air box motor trying to push out any water that may have accumulated.

Its So weird, right after I posted yesterday I went out and opened the car door and it made the sound but thats the only time it has done it since i got it back

Did This Problem ever get solved? I just got my 07 G back from the dealer after winter storage/servicing and now mine doesn't prime anymore when i open the door.....

gez has not replied to see what has been the outcome of his situation.

Guys, are we sure this is an eGear priming? My buddy said he checked his 04 and what made this sound was the air box motor trying to push out any water that may have accumulated.

Not to be rude but don't believe everything your buddies tell you. There are numerous drains in the air box so the secondary air injection pump doesn't get submerged in water. This pump sends air into the exhaust for pollution purposes. If this air pump was submerged under water you would have allot more problems than just a pump noise.

Now the pump priming is only when the pressure drops below a set amount. Under normal conditions it self primes when opening the driver's door at the morning's first initial entry or after a couple of hours of rest time.

Just Talked To Lamborghini Vancouver and they said that it is the egear priming. They told me that it has a pressure sensor and will only prime when the pressure is below a certain level. My car primed again this morning so im not worried anymore.