Programming Gallardo Key

houstonT

One of my Gallardo keys doesn't work (meaning I can't open/close the doors electronically with the key). I have searched and looked through the instruction manual but can't seem to get it to work. How do you program the key so that the lock/unlock buttons work? Thanks in advance...

Peter

One of my Gallardo keys doesn't work (meaning I can't open/close the doors electronically with the key). I have searched and looked through the instruction manual but can't seem to get it to work. How do you program the key so that the lock/unlock buttons work? Thanks in advance...

Peter

Not having the manual right in front of me.......I believe you put the key in the ignition turn it to the "on" not start postion and hold the lock button for two seconds or so.

Not having the manual right in front of me.......I believe you put the key in the ignition turn it to the "on" not start postion and hold the lock button for two seconds or so.

That's pretty much it...I just stick it in the ignition, turn to 'key on engine off', then I hit the lock/unlock buttons a few times. Remove key, and test.

(Make sure your key fob battery is good, or it may work once or twice, but lock you out a few days later)

• 10 months later...

You guys are awesome! Just had this issue and was worried I would have to take it to the dealer. But just as Scotty and Mike said it worked perfect. Thanks a ton!

Funny story about this... on my first Gallardo, I had this come up. Called the dealership (in FL, who shall remain Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more), they said they'd have to tow car and reprogram computer. $1500 total.

Simple fix thanks to this forum...

Funny story about this... on my first Gallardo, I had this come up. Called the dealership (in FL, who shall remain Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more), they said they'd have to tow car and reprogram computer. $1500 total.

Simple fix thanks to this forum...

haha funny shit. What fuckwads..... LP is priceless.

Whoa, I did not write the "who shall remain Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more" part in my original post.

Which mod is taking artistic liberties with my comments :)?

Whoa, I did not write the "who shall remain Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more" part in my original post.

Which mod is taking artistic liberties with my comments :)?

It's probably automatic...Like when you type in Z-0-6 (without dashes), it comes up as plastic mess or something...Here, I'll type it below

Plastic mess-06

It's probably automatic...Like when you type in Z-0-6 (without dashes), it comes up as plastic mess or something...Here, I'll type it below

Plastic mess-06

Ha, that's hilarious. I thought I typed a-non-y-mous (without dashes). Let me try:

Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more

EDIT: Yep! That's it! Autocorrect lol...

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...
Thanks

So, does anybody know if this works to make a new key? my 2004 Gallardo only has one key and I worry about any mishaps, I would like to have a second one

Any comments anyone?

So, does anybody know if this works to make a new key? my 2004 Gallardo only has one key and I worry about any mishaps, I would like to have a second one

Any comments anyone?

You have to order the key and the remote from the Lambo dealer. They cut them in Italy and send them to your dealer. Once they get here you have to take the car to the dealer and have the key programmed. Audi cant do. Its a Lambo dealer only visit. Its not a cheap proposition. It takes weeks to sometimes over a month to get the key so if you lost your key you would be screwed for a long time. Best to order it asap just in case.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So this definitely won't work with a brand new key?