TPMS

yellomurci

one of my tires was a bit low and showed in the center cluster as front left and the warning light was on solid (2008 lp640)

Pumped the tire up and the message in the cluster is out but the orange light is still on, flashing now.

I think this means the batteries in the wheel sensors are dead or dying, anyone know if you can get Audi/VW sensors as a replacement as I assume getting Lambo sensors from a dealer would also include the bend over and take it tax?

Again this is a 2008 LP640

Thanks

one of my tires was a bit low and showed in the center cluster as front left and the warning light was on solid (2008 lp640)

Pumped the tire up and the message in the cluster is out but the orange light is still on, flashing now.

I think this means the batteries in the wheel sensors are dead or dying, anyone know if you can get Audi/VW sensors as a replacement as I assume getting Lambo sensors from a dealer would also include the bend over and take it tax?

Again this is a 2008 LP640

Thanks

Plenty available on ebay

These are actually all over the place price wise from Porsche to Audi, VW, Lamborghini. The lambo price is on the lower scale of the others just FYI at about $128 retail price. Have plenty if you need

Glenn, is this each or a set of 4?

Found a company on line that sells oem for $145 for a set of 4, say they need no programming, just plug and play

Home > Vehicle Make > Audi TPMS > 2010 Audi TPMS > 2010 Audi R8 TPMS >

Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Porsche, Tesla, Volkswagen Huf Intellisens TPMS sensor set (Black Valve Stem)

Our Price: $159.92

Price Cut: $144.92

Frequency: 433 mhz

OEM Part #: AD43360671AA CD23360671AA 11B0022CP 2000680 228887 239298 282189 4F0907275 4F0907275B 4F0907275D 7P0907275 7PP907275B 7PP907275D 7PP907275F 95560602100 95836166100 99760602120 20103 550-1911 RDE011 RDE048

ReLearn Code: Auto Relearn

Vehicle Make: Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, McLaren, Porsche, Tesla, Volkswagen

Availability: In Stock

Product Code: UVC0011BLKSET

Qty:

The $128 retail price is each and they are OEM Lamborghini part. I think I sell them for about $95 each. If the aftermarket set works I would just use those. They seem to be same sensor MHZ for a number of vehicles and I'm pretty sure they all work the same way.

The $128 retail price is each and they are OEM Lamborghini part. I think I sell them for about $95 each. If the aftermarket set works I would just use those. They seem to be same sensor MHZ for a number of vehicles and I'm pretty sure they all work the same way.

I don't know about TPMS on the Murci because 04 didn't have them, but I do know on Jaguar's that there are a ton of problems with non-OEM sensors being flakey. Considering the time, cost and frustration to replace non-OEM if they don't work, I would just get the OEM ones unless you are dead sure the non-OEM will work.

Coincidently I just got a warning light too on my 2008, but I didn't see any reference on the dash as to which tire like yours did. All are inflated to spec, but for me I was told that if the car sits for a while then the sensors may act up and it may get fixed with a drive & restart.

My '08 started doing the sensor flash and now stays on all the time. All pressure is perfect x4. Is it safe to assume that it's just dead sensors and bite the bullet and purchase the replacements? I would hate to buy 4 sensors only to find out they were not the culprit.

ALSO, what is the programming process for the new ones?

The little light is kind of annoying. I figure I could put them on with my next tire change in a couple of months.

Coincidently I just got a warning light too on my 2008, but I didn't see any reference on the dash as to which tire like yours did. All are inflated to spec, but for me I was told that if the car sits for a while then the sensors may act up and it may get fixed with a drive & restart.

You only get the message if the tire pressure is low. Also only solid warning light.

Reading the manual it says if you have a TPMS fault the warning light will flash for a minute then go solid, further googling confirmed that this is also the sequence for a bad battery in the sensors.

I drove my car 100 miles on Saturday and the light was still on after each start.

My tires are pretty new so it is a pain in the rear to have to remove the tires, replace the TPMS sensors then remount the tires.

Is the warning light an inspection fail?

You only get the message if the tire pressure is low. Also only solid warning light.

Reading the manual it says if you have a TPMS fault the warning light will flash for a minute then go solid, further googling confirmed that this is also the sequence for a bad battery in the sensors.

I drove my car 100 miles on Saturday and the light was still on after each start.

My tires are pretty new so it is a pain in the rear to have to remove the tires, replace the TPMS sensors then remount the tires.

Is the warning light an inspection fail?

Same as you, about 2 months ago I got new tires and now the stinkin light goes on...ugh! All I get is a solid yellow light when I started the car but it doesn't indicate which tire on the dash. I may just live with it until it crosses my annoyance level. I check the pressure pretty regular anyway, but I suppose could still suffer the consequences of a flat or slow leak while on the road if I run over something & don't notice it. Should have just did all of them on tire change, but I wasn't knowledgeable enough to do so. Live & learn.

• 3 weeks later...

Same boat for me on my Nero 09 640, I guess you could test which sensor has a dead battery by lowering the pressure in the tires and see which one doesn’t go off, however they are all probably going dead just a matter of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I just changed the sensors on my 08 LP640. I bought these on amazon for $31 each https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q8L7FU...=UTF8&psc=1 So far no problems, no need to reset anything and the stupid dash light is finally gone! I have the old sensors in my hand and they are an Audi/VW part 4F0 907 275B. They were built 6/13/07 so I guess the batteries are dead. I really cannot imagine the aftermarket sensors lasting any more or less than the factory ones. I'm happy