SLS Black rumored as a 2013 model

Modo

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2009/11...ch-in-2013.html

If the new 563-hp SLS exotic from AMG already sounds like your cup of Red Bull, then you’re absolutely going to love the upcoming Black Series. That’s right, according to recent reports, AMG will offer a limited edition hardest-core version of the new Gullwing exotic.

Total output for the new Mercedes halo car will be in excess of 600-hp, with roughly 500 ft-lbs of torque, thanks to updates to the 6.2-liter V8 engine including new cams and higher compression pistons. Additional modifications will include some aerodynamic tweaks, suspension upgrades and a weight reduction of around 110 lbs. The new 0-60 speed is expected to drop from 3.8 seconds to 3.5 seconds, with a new to speed in excess of 200 mph.

“We’re not at the limit with what’s out there the moment. There’s still a good deal more to come from the engine,” says AMG engine boss Friedrich Eichler. “We’re saving the best until last.”

The new SLS AMG Black Series is also expected to cost a good chunk more than the standard car, with a 50% premium bringing the $270,000 exotic up to a stratospheric $405,000.

In addition t the Black Series model, AMG also has plans to produce a cabriolet version of the SLS, as well as a GT racer.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats exactly what the SLS needed IMO

just not the 50% markup lol

Just wait 1 year and you can wipe 50% off due to depreciation.

Just wait 1 year and you can wipe 50% off due to depreciation.

Due to the release of the Black Series, you should be able to pick up regular SLS's for $100k in the near future. The Black Series will be under $300k within a year of release.

Agree with the sentiments that the whole 50% will depreciate in a year or two. Cars like from Mercedes take the biggest hit of all in depreciation out the gate.....

Agree with the sentiments that the whole 50% will depreciate in a year or two. Cars like from Mercedes take the biggest hit of all in depreciation out the gate.....

Everything in this segment falls like a rock the day it goes off warranty, with just a few unique exceptions.

Unless the factory is artifically keeping production low, as is the case with a few cars like the R8, there's no reason to think the SLS won't have that same -50 to -60% depreciation by the end of year three.

I feel like mercedes takes some of the hardest hits though. Look at the SL65BS. Seems warranty or not they are taking a serious blow. But I agree, the market segment is the worst hit.

I hope they do a little bodywork on the car, I personally hate the roofline so a cabro may just do the trick. For the first time, I saw an SLR and SLS side-by-side lastnight. The SLS looked like a rough draft and the SLR somehow went from being ok to sexy. You know the fatter and uglier the friend, it can update a cute girl to hot.

The depreciation dropping, I'd agree that it might hit 175k+ but not much lower than that. Novelty cars like this should definately get reemed, but not to 120k like someone else suggested.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19556153621994638162.jpg

14746137091539425640.jpg

Its been rendered and rumored, but here are the first spy photos the 2013 Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series.

Caught at a testing center in Germany, the prototype has a wide body kit with a modified front fascia, revised side skirts and extended fenders. We can also see high-performance brakes and larger rear wheels which hint at some changes to the rear axle.

Under the hood, rumors suggest the 6.3-liter (6,208cc) V8 engine could deliver 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS) and 677 Nm (499 lb-ft) of torque. This will likely enable the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and hit a top speed in excess of 322 km/h (200 mph).

1138185022355104123.jpg

418083995261793715.jpg

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111101937527/2...d#ixzz1bKMyhJi2

I hope they do a little bodywork on the car, I personally hate the roofline so a cabro may just do the trick. For the first time, I saw an SLR and SLS side-by-side lastnight. The SLS looked like a rough draft and the SLR somehow went from being ok to sexy. You know the fatter and uglier the friend, it can update a cute girl to hot.

The depreciation dropping, I'd agree that it might hit 175k+ but not much lower than that. Novelty cars like this should definately get reemed, but not to 120k like someone else suggested.

You can already get one under 175k fairly easily

• 6 months later...
Due to the release of the Black Series, you should be able to pick up regular SLS's for $100k in the near future. The Black Series will be under $300k within a year of release.

100K, come on?

More likely it will stay around +130-160k with <10k miles. 100k for a first year SLS with over 20-30k miles, maybe yes.

Lot of hate for the SLS. I think it doesn't photograph well. In person it has presence.

Parked next to a new convertible SLS yesterday. Was awful, just so bland and boring.

Didn't help that it was some lame dark burgundy color...

Parked next to a new convertible SLS yesterday. Was awful, just so bland and boring.

Didn't help that it was some lame dark burgundy color...

I mean the coupe. The sls convertible i don't care for.

burgundy sports car...fcuk that.