AC not cold

JanDaMan

Had my AC system recharged about a year ago, but now is not blowing cold. Taking it in for a fix, but just curious if there may be some AC fuse as the culprit. In my wife's MBZ I know when the AC fuse blows then cool air stops. However my first thought is a leak. With warmer weather that cabin gets pretty uncomfortable.

Had my AC system recharged about a year ago, but now is not blowing cold. Taking it in for a fix, but just curious if there may be some AC fuse as the culprit. In my wife's MBZ I know when the AC fuse blows then cool air stops. However my first thought is a leak. With warmer weather that cabin gets pretty uncomfortable.

If it's a blown fuse, it would mean your A/C compressor and/or left radiator fan are not running. So check if they are running before going after the fuses.

This may sound silly but you do know the Murci dash does not have a dedicated A/C on/off switch per se right?

Memory has it that it's the third button from the right on the A/C control panel. Press that a few times and the word "ECON" in LCD comes up on the display. Make sure that word is not "on" otherwise the A/C compressor is not activated and you will only get as cold as the ambient air is.

Thanks guys. In checking that left radiator fan, is that fan supposed to be operating all the time with the car running or just when it gets hot or just in AC operation? As for human error dash operation, the other day I did see the "ECON" on the dash but didn't think anything about it since I have never altered any settings on the dash. Only thing I have ever changed has been the cluster on the left side (blue & red temp buttons and the fan strength buttons). The third button from the left you mention is a button that looks like a thermometer, so I will mess with that tomorrow. I am now wondering when I had some funky alarm starting issues I used the on/off kill switch in the engine bay and in doing so maybe that reset the AC system to ECON. I hope that's it. Nice reminder to get out the manual for some bedside reading.

My bad, it's the Auto button that turns on or off the ECON function if you press it. So I tried pressing that to see if it would make any difference, but in doing so I could not get the "ECON" to show up on the screen for some reason. But anyway, without ECON showing on the screen it still doesn't blow cold. Didn't drive it around to heat the car up to see if the driver side fan worked or not for the fuse issue because I need tires bad. Monday getting tires on and plan to have the AC checked then too. At least it made me read the manual.

^Oops, it's actually my bad to misinform you on the wrong button for ECON; regrets! Sorry to hear that the AC issue has not been resolved. Hope that everything will work out by next week.