URUS ready

Albert-LP

Sorry, maybe there is a similar discussion here around and I didn't know. But a reliable source told me the definitive model of the URUS is ready at the factory. Will be introduced next year and delivered in 2018.

Some features: 4liters, V8, two turbochargers, 600 HP, fantastic hi tech interiors, 3000 pieces each year expected, produced in Sant'A g a t a, where the factory will be doubled.

Ciao

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we'll see it in Paris. Starting to think we will.

Thread here

Sounds like basically the S8 / RS6 engine. I think production will be 3,500 Uruses / Urusi? And 3,500 Aventadors & Huracans.

You're correct. Lambo has confirmed that the Huracan/Aventador production will be capped at 3,500.

I've been told by my dealer that the URUS looks even better than the prototype.

Lamborghini has vowed to keep its cars exclusive despite an ambitious growth plan for the brand overall.

The company delivered 3,245 cars last year, representing a 28-percent jump over 2014 sales and more than doubling volume from 2010. The climb was driven by the Huracan, with the 'entry-level' Lamborghini accounting for approximately two out of three sales.

The Raging Bull hopes to keep pushing to 7,000 vehicles by 2019, however buyers should not expect showrooms to be flooded with more cars. Chief executive Stefano Domenicali told Reuters that supercar output will be limited to 3,500 units annually, an increase of less than 10 percent over last year's sales.

The Italian marque's growth strategy hinges on the Urus SUV, due to arrive on the market in 2018. Some buyers could be forced to join waiting lists for the Huracan or Aventador, but Domenicali claims the company will "push like hell" to grow Urus sales at a quick pace.

"We will not, clearly, give up on our DNA, which is to produce super sportcars," he promised.

Rival Ferrari is taking a different approach, capping output at 9,000 to 10,000 units by the end of the decade. Chief executive Sergio Marchionne has flatly rejected the idea of a high-riding model adorned with a Prancing Horse badge, earlier this year proclaiming "you have to shoot me first."

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/lamborghini-ca...l#ixzz4KCKPJqf5

I wonder if we'll see it in Paris. Starting to think we will.

Thread here

Sounds like basically the S8 / RS6 engine. I think production will be 3,500 Uruses / Urusi? And 3,500 Aventadors & Huracans.

Another VW Group rebodied Touareg with a parts bin engine.

If and when Lamborghini actually sells 3,500 mid engined cars on a consistent basis I am sure that number will creep up, just as it has with Ferrari.

Another VW Group rebodied Touareg with a parts bin engine.

If and when Lamborghini actually sells 3,500 mid engined cars on a consistent basis I am sure that number will creep up, just as it has with Ferrari.

No, they will cap the mid engine cars production at 3500 units per year like last year. Ferrari wants to sell 10 k cars per year in the future, Lamborghini plans 6500 cars in the future, but including 3000 Urus (or what the name will be) each year so the two seaters will remain 3500 per year and no more. Huracan demand is very high today, but they don't want to increase actual production rate.

ciao

No, they will cap the mid engine cars production at 3500 units per year like last year. Ferrari wants to sell 10 k cars per year in the future, Lamborghini plans 6500 cars in the future, but including 3000 Urus (or what the name will be) each year so the two seaters will remain 3500 per year and no more. Huracan demand is very high today, but they don't want to increase actual production rate.

ciao

Not buying it...especially considering the recent increased exposure for VW in Europe from the diesel clusterfuck.

I'm not buying it either.

THIS year they are on track for ~4,000 cars. Direct from Lambo

Obviously that is with 0 SUVs, and on track for ~1,300 Aventadors and ~2,700 Huracans. They will already break the 3,500 car cap THIS year. Or what, at the end of October they just stop delivering cars for the rest of the year?

I applaud their effort, but they are in the CAR MANUFACTURING business. They will make/sell 1 less car then there is demand for, just like Ferrari. And none of us would do anything differently if we were running the company either.

Fair point. The 'cap' could also simply be a limitation of the factory and people. Can only produce so many cars at a time, and I understand they are doubling the size of the factory for Urus production, so the numbers add up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the list for one. Will be nice for my wife fir hauling the kids around. I saw the one they have at the factory and it is absolutely incredible. Not like any other SUV on the road!

• 4 months later...

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/lamborgh...tion-this-year/

Lamborghini's never officially committed to building a sport utility vehicle before, but that changed this year. It's coming.

The supercar manufacturer will start production on its first ever SUV later this year, Digital Trends reports, citing its interview with Stefano Domenicali, Lamborghini's CEO. The chief executive not only confirmed its production, he also confirmed it'll be called the Urus -- a name you may remember from years past.

Domenicali hopes that the Urus will double Lamborghini's annual sales from 3,500 to 7,000, although there's plenty of work to do before then. He noted that it's important to train dealers and service staff about the new car and the additional attention that will come with it.

"It's a matrix of complexity that, for our dimension, is a big, big step," Domenicali told Digital Trends.

There's also a good chance we'll see the production version, or something very close to it, at the Geneva Motor Show in March. With production starting in April, Domenicali told DT that the public could expect to "learn a lot of things in the next couple weeks." Given that Geneva is home to a number of annual supercar debuts, including some of Lamborghini's own models, it would be a smart place to unveil a super-SUV.

Domenicali did let slip a few juicy details ahead of time, though. He promised the Urus will be able to go off-road, with a specific mode for "ice, snow, stones and sand." He also claimed the second variant of Urus to enter the market will be a hybrid, a first for the automaker.

Does the LM002 not count as an SUV then? Everyone keeps saying that this is the first production one, but wouldn't that be incorrect?

It better not be just another rebadged Q7 like the Bentayga.

Hah! I took my Bentley GTC into service at Ogara and they shuttled me around in a Bentayga, was not impressed at all.

Hah! I took my Bentley GTC into service at Ogara and they shuttled me around in a Bentayga, was not impressed at all.

That car is a fail IMO, the price is what kills it.

http://gtspirit.com/2017/02/07/lamborghini...auto-show-2017/

"We have it on good authority that Lamborghini are planning to launch the Lamborghini Urus at the Shanghai Auto Show 2017. The Lamborghini SUV has been anticipated for quite some time, however, speculation has began to build over the past few days following a series of interviews given by Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali.

An interview released by Digital Trends reveals that pre-production of the Lamborghini Urus (evaluation models) will begin in April 2017 almost immediately after the Chinese release. It will prove a fitting debut as the Urus concept was first unveiled at the Beijing Auto Show 2012, prior to receiving the go ahead for production.

The Lamborghini Urus is expected to use the MLB platform with substantial modification to move it away from the Toureg, Cayenne and Q7. Lamborghini will engineer carbon fiber replacements for parts of the platform in order to give it that insane feeling every Lamborghini is born with.

It will be a numbers car with Lamborghini expecting to shift 3,500 per year alongside 3,500 supercars. The Sant’#### Bolognese, Italy is being expanded to cope with the additional strain imposed by increased production lines.

Lamborghini are expected to finally embrace hybrid technology with the Urus. We expect a hybrid version to launch at some point in the product life cycle. Domenicali also discussed the possibility of some semi-autonomous technology making it into a production Lamborghini for the first time."

It better not be just another rebadged Q7 like the Bentayga.

Today's spyshots from Denmark..

Geez, that shape makes it look like Fortis is spot on.