Speeding Lamborghini crashes into tree and bursts into flames

Redlambo

Came across this on F_chat. Very sad, be careful out there. RIP Vic

SAN DIEGO – A driver was killed and a female passenger injured after a high-speed crash early Saturday morning in downtown San Diego.

“A lime green Lamborghini flying 180, 200 miles an hour right by you and it’s like pretty much nothing you can do. You see somebody burning alive and moving and you can’t do anything. Just basically you’re just watching just basically die slowly it’s like a candle melting you can’t do a darn thing about it.”

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/11/05/1-perso...speed-downtown/

When cars were 4.X 0-60mph and less cf and plastic crashes didn’t end this bad.

Cars are so fast now that shit happens that couldn’t happen in the older slower cars, I got lucky a couple times over the years. Now I just drive slow, I don’t have the skill to push the new cars fast as they can go.

As the economy improves and there are more and more of these fast cars, we will see more bad crashes like this. Put a 720 in the wrong hands and see how that works out, it’s not a good thing. Access to fast cars now is cheaper than ever.

fcuk I sound old.....

Cars are so fast now that shit happens that couldn’t happen in the older slower cars, I got lucky a couple times over the years. Now I just drive slow, I don’t have the skill to push the new cars fast as they can go.

As the economy improves and there are more and more of these fast cars, we will see more bad crashes like this. Put a 720 in the wrong hands and see how that works out, it’s not a good thing. Access to fast cars now is cheaper than ever.

fcuk I sound old.....

To quote a buddy of mine (after we watched a $600k skater boat flip)... fcuk, a good credit score can get you killed as quick as anything.

I know where the accident occurred and it seems strange to be able to get to that speed - or even close to that speed - in that area with all the traffic lights and such, even in the middle of the night…

There is no way he was doing 180-200 there, it's almost a quarter mile straight coming out of a sharp turn. But he did manage to blast an ornamental (i.e. retired) Navy ship anchor and cut through a 30-40ft tall palm tree.

What was he driving? I am not looking at photos :(

a charred black frame of a car is all you can see.

:(

I know where the accident occurred and it seems strange to be able to get to that speed - or even close to that speed - in that area with all the traffic lights and such, even in the middle of the night…

I believe the police reported that they thought he was traveling roughly 100 MPH.

However I quoted the article where they asked an eye witness and his response appears to be greatly exaggerated at 180 - 200 MPH.

That is why it is important to take an eye witness account with a grain of salt as it can vary greatly from what actually happened.

Lamborghini / Supercar & crash = 200+ MPH

I wonder if the passenger is going to pull through.

Being ejected from a disintegrated car traveling 100 MPH and hitting not only a boat anchor but cutting a palm tree down and bursting into flames is as extreme as it gets.

fcuk I sound old.....

you are spot on sadly.

Get a ford raptor for around town. Plenty fast, and you dont have to give a fcuk about curbing a tire, speed bumps, or huge dips.. actually makes speed bumps and dips more fun.. :icon_mrgreen:

To quote a buddy of mine (after we watched a $600k skater boat flip)... fcuk, a good credit score can get you killed as quick as anything.

never thought of it that way. but once again spot on. too much power in the hands of few. Many people don't understand, just because you have that much power available doesn't mean you should insist upon using it.

never thought of it that way. but once again spot on. too much power in the hands of few. Many people don't understand, just because you have that much power available doesn't mean you should insist upon using it.

Every time I take the car out there is some clown next to me trying to race me, reving their engines, accelerating for short bursts etc. I never engage with them, the older you get the more you realize the risks and the more scared you become which is good :icon_mrgreen:

I see a lot of younger guys who modified their cars for straight line acceleration, I look at their rides and realize that 100% of their budget was spent on the engine none on brakes and suspension and think there is a corner ahead which I can take flat if I wanted to but the guy next to me will end up in a tree in his death trap, I would never engage them because I would be equally responsible should anything happen to them, there is certainly way too much power in the hands of people who don’t have a lot of respect for it.

There is no way he was doing 180-200 there, it's almost a quarter mile straight coming out of a sharp turn. But he did manage to blast an ornamental (i.e. retired) Navy ship anchor and cut through a 30-40ft tall palm tree.

Exactly. I was on that exact same road recently driving an SL65 AMG at night when there was no traffic. I was hauling ass, but I can't see how in any way it'd be possible.

It's true cars today are capable of higher speeds - but most people don't go anywhere near the limit.

You can die just as easily at 100 mph, and almost all cars will reach triple digits.

The problem is that a bad driver at lower speeds can get away with lots of bad habits. The faster you go - the less forgiving the situation. Bad habits at typical street speeds can become fatal at high speeds.

It's a shame that speed isn't respected. It's one thing to endanger only yourself, and quite another when passengers or innocent bystanders are involved.

RIP

Walked by the crash site tonight. It looks like he went on the wrong side of a curb-barrier with what would be a tiny chicane to get back on the road. No skid marks before impact, just a tire mark on the left curb (would be exiting chicane back to road) and tire marks on the curb leading straight into the trees and anchor directly in front of where he was going.

Clearly well over the speed limit but nowhere near what the news was saying. Probably didn't see what was going on until he was right there. Like a potato through a fry slicer.

He was awaiting sentencing for fraud...there was an article in the LA Times....

you are spot on sadly.

Get a ford raptor for around town. Plenty fast, and you dont have to give a fcuk about curbing a tire, speed bumps, or huge dips.. actually makes speed bumps and dips more fun.. :icon_mrgreen:

Clearly well over the speed limit but nowhere near what the news was saying. Probably didn't see what was going on until he was right there. Like a potato through a fry slicer.

No doubt. If he was anywhere in the area of 180-200mph the wreckage would have been scattered over the better part of a football field. That whole kinetic energy increasing by the square of the speed thing.

RIP that's so sad. Preventable, avoidable, and even worse that the passenger died as well.