5000hp

bev0

Whats everyones thoughts on this? 5khp seems rather far fetched.

vBY9few.png

They also built this nutty evo, which is the quickest in the world currently.

pDvOce6.jpg

Lambos need to solve their traction problems before throwing more power at the wheels. Otherwise, the billet blocks will make em ‘dyno queens’...

91mm, 12k rpm and 5000hp? That sounds more like a top fuel dragster or some sort of pure bred race engine.

So I was in the Mitsubishi Evolution community for quite some time. These guys are known fraudsters (Think DWiggs). They use quite a lot of smoke and mirrors to and video editing to show off they're stuff.

They claim to use a lot of space aged material (again, NASA anyone?). A famous Evo tuner invited them over to the states, on his dime, to disprove a lot of the naysayers and offered to be a US Distributor for them. They rather impolitely refused.

Anyway, the only US customer to fork over 6 digits for an Evo IX build lost everything. No parts showed up, no car was completed.

They do make some entertaining claims, though.

So I was in the Mitsubishi Evolution community for quite some time. These guys are known fraudsters (Think DWiggs). They use quite a lot of smoke and mirrors to and video editing to show off they're stuff.

They claim to use a lot of space aged material (again, NASA anyone?). A famous Evo tuner invited them over to the states, on his dime, to disprove a lot of the naysayers and offered to be a US Distributor for them. They rather impolitely refused.

Anyway, the only US customer to fork over 6 digits for an Evo IX build lost everything. No parts showed up, no car was completed.

They do make some entertaining claims, though.

This is true.

Did they LS-swap it? :lol2:

Truth be told, 5,000 horsepower could be made with the right builder and platform. I worked with a builder, who while personaly is a gigantic turd and is dumber than a bag of hammers in everything outside of engines, he can do just that, build a mean engine and 5,000 was their expectation out of a V8. They haven't had good luck though as they are breaking parts trying to get there. Cost of playing with the big boys i suppose.

This is utter nonsense.

Progress generally follows more linear trends. High water mark on the v10 is 2500 whp or so? Maybe heading to 3000 whp with all the billet goodies. I'm sure we'll see 3XXX for years, and then maybe 4XXX for years before someone comes along and gets to 5K (if it ever even gets to that point). That's a nice way of saying that Extreme Tuners is BS. Took them a decade or so to get the Evo record and start backing up their claims. They aren't going to double UGR overnight. We're talking 10+ years as a best case scenario for even a reputable shop to get there.

Anyone remember the Devil Sixteen?

Devel_Sixteen_prototype_1.jpg

And getting 5000hp out of an engine is one thing. To get it to mate up to a trans and keep the clutches/trans alive... Entirely uncharted. Will never happen and if it does, it'll be UGR in 10 years as I agree what was stated above. Well said about it being a linear curve... Claims like this are beyond aggravating and they're just making themselves look foolish.

And getting 5000hp out of an engine is one thing. To get it to mate up to a trans and keep the clutches/trans alive... Entirely uncharted. Will never happen and if it does, it'll be UGR in 10 years as I agree what was stated above. Well said about it being a linear curve... Claims like this are beyond aggravating and they're just making themselves look foolish.

On a dyno I bet they can do it. With the disclaimer, the only thing the motor shares with a factory motor is the number of cylinders. At that point just build what you want with zero constraints. The fuel and ignition requirements alone will require a clean sheet build.

Their 2k hp shop car runs on fcuking nitromethane. When that is a reasonable fuel source then all other bets are off.

Probably a good idea to be on this side of the Atlantic when they dyno it. :lol2:

This may be a stupid question but I’m not an engineer. What if they do what CVK did w the regera and toss the tranny and do a direct drive?

This may be a stupid question but I’m not an engineer. What if they do what CVK did w the regera and toss the tranny and do a direct drive?

First of all find me a set of tires that will hook 5000hp, that isnt 3 feet wide and 50 inches tall in diameter

Agreed

This is utter nonsense.

I’m over close by their shop today in Greece but on a close by island. I wanted to try and swing over their in my UGR shirt but doesn’t look like I’ll make it.

I’m not saying the technology doesn’t exist or it’s not possible down the road but has anyone driven around Athens, Greece and then driven around NASCAR country in Charlotte, North Carolina? That should tell you enough who COULD do it.

UGR looks like a government run motor sports facility and I doubt Athens has the engineers needed to get remotely close to this..

On another note....

anyone remember the Russians working on a custom 4wd TT gallardo they designed and I believe a Saleen S7 TT AWD, I haven’t heard from these 2000hp+ cars in years?

Calling bullshit immediately. "2500hp street road kit - 3500hp street road - 5000 race will be ready"

Companies that are credible: "We did, here is proof and it's ready for orders"

Compainies that are fraud or dreamers without proper plan: "We will claim moon and starts, please put in heavy deposit and never call us again"

We have this 3500hp for street road but 5000 for race. LOL Bunch of idiots.

They obviously are totally in dreamland.

Top Fuelers make 8000-10000hp and similar amount Nm, yes. But it is for less than 4 seconds and then needs full rebuild if by surprise the engine did not get absolutely totaled in that 4 seconds. And that's with 8,2l solid non cooled block, and nitromethane-metanol that puts you into very bad health in few seconds... Dont ask me how I know, crews use gas masks...

There is nothing similar nor useful to any passenger car that would be going for customers.

Exactly, 1,000 horsepower per liter on anything less than nitromethane is basically fantasy, and even if you could the engine wouldn't last for more than a pull.

Back in the turbo era of F1 it was rumored (but never confirmed) that BMW was making 1,500 horsepower out of a 1.5 liter engine, but that was for qualifying only and they would literally weld the cylinder head to the engine block. And they were running 65 psi of boost and toluene race fuel and somewhere between 12k and 14k rpm.

Forget about getting enough fuel to the engine or a hot enough spark; that's relatively easy. The cylinder pressures and the volumetric efficiency required to make that kind of power are basically mathematically impossible. All of the other points about transmissions and actually being able to use the power are also valid. Utter bullshit.

• 1 month later...