Allan's 1/12 Countach!

SingleSeat

It is done.

For those not following the model subforum, this was a custom rebuild of what started life as a Kyosho diecast 1/12 scale LP5000S. Allan's car is known among us as the Andretti Countach and it is a 1987 Quattrovalvole. As such, no 1/12 scale diecast model exists of it. Allan sought to convert the already-impressive Kyosho to suit his car's differences by purchasing the resin cast transkit which adds the side skirts, some minor detail parts, and a proper fuel-injected QV engine bonnet. Thus, the goal became to create the model to within an outward appearance of the QV and he commissioned me to do it. It actually turned into a bigger job than it would seem and I soon found out that restoring a little Countach was engrossing in many of the same ways as restoring a real Countach because all the same parts need to come off for all the same reasons. For the complete build thread, check it out here. We agreed to leave some things alone from the start such as the engine and other details, so purists just need to keep the priorities of this model in mind to understand its place of honor on Allan's shelf.

To sum up the conversion, the transkit parts were adapted to fit properly and the entire car was repainted pearl white, including the wheels. The side mirror was repaired from a shelf mishap. The interior was repainted red. The dash and instruments and were completely reworked to match Allan's car...from the gauge cluster to the glove box and over the top with the circular vent delete. Black floor mats were added when everything was complete. Several custom decals were also added in order to replicate the Andretti signatures on the mirrors, the Ruote O.Z. wheel stickers, etc. I also added a VIN plate inside the driver side door for good measure. The license plate was the last part to go onto the car. The Kyosho was already a great palette, but hopefully this conversion gave it the extra boost to mean something special to Allan!

LP_Allan_Countach71.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach76.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach74.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach80.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach72.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach73.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach78.jpg

LP_Allan_Countach83.jpg

Thanks guys. Glad you like it!

**edit, oops, I just found a little mistake, lol...will fix it tonight. There's always something!!

This better not break in shipping!

THIS^^ I'm holding back from celebrating until it's safe at Allan's place. He better not have any frickin' earthquakes either.

what an amazing job.. I just have no idea how anyone can pay that close attention to detail.. I don't have ADD or ADHD, but I just can not focus on artistic work like that.. Give me a football film to break down, or a play to digest, or a racetrack to learn and I can study it inside and out for hours. Doing something this good would lead me to slitting my wrists, jumping off a cliff, or even hanging myself..

DAMN!!!

:icon_thumleft:

**edit, oops, I just found a little mistake, lol...will fix it tonight. There's always something!!

THIS^^ I'm holding back from celebrating until it's safe at Allan's place. He better not have any frickin' earthquakes either.

It's not a short distance from his gate to the house. Hopefully the UPS man doesn't just throw it over since he can't leave it at the front door.

Awesome! I'm sure he will use it to lure the small boys in...

:iamwithstupid:

However I think Allan is keen on the middle aged lower class lambo lover.. Fat and hairy hard to carry thats Allan's type of fairy.. :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Allan you lucky dog.. 1 of 1.. Very impressive..

:iamwithstupid:

However I think Allan is keen on the middle aged lower class lambo lover.. Fat and hairy hard to carry thats Allan's type of fairy.. :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Allan you lucky dog.. 1 of 1.. Very impressive..

So....what are you doing Saturday night bigboy? :bj:

Me too! I will put it someplace safe forsure.. Cant wait to see it in person! I will take pics of it and the real deal side by side!

WOW! :shock: Incredible job. And for as great as it looks, I'm willing to bet that pictures still dont do it any justice! Amazing craftsmanship!!!