parking brake

megachad

guys, im doing the big brake kit by brembo on the rear of the 91, i am going to be replacing the parking brake pads and i can't figurer out how to collapse the piston in the parking brake caliper. Help would be much appreciated!

guys, im doing the big brake kit by brembo on the rear of the 91, i am going to be replacing the parking brake pads and i can't figurer out how to collapse the piston in the parking brake caliper. Help would be much appreciated!

Sorry, can't help you with this question. But since you're changing out the calipers, I had many times thought about going orange to match the interior. Just never got around to doing so ;)

Sorry, can't help you with this question. But since you're changing out the calipers, I had many times thought about going orange to match the interior. Just never got around to doing so ;)

I thought about that too! But I really like the red actually! Paint some of the intake plenum red too and then i think the red will come together nicely.

Screws in like other euro rear calipers possibly?

It would be nice if that was the case. But i dont think so. Thy dont have a screw type connection inside them.

figured it out.

you have to take the back of the caliper off. there are 5 hex bolts. under that there is a white cap almost looks like it has gears. you just turn it counter clockwise and back out the piston. you have to push the piston in, but it allows you to do so.