Mercedes New F1 Driver?? 2017 F1 season

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

This F1 season came to a fantastic final race last week. However, I think everyone was shocked about Rosberg's sudden retirement. I am bummed I won't get to see Hamilton and Rosberg fight for the title this upcoming season. However, I am curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on who the new Silver Arrow driver will be?

Cheers,

RobberBaron

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

This F1 season came to a fantastic final race last week. However, I think everyone was shocked about Rosberg's sudden retirement. I am bummed I won't get to see Hamilton and Rosberg fight for the title this upcoming season. However, I am curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on who the new Silver Arrow driver will be?

Cheers,

RobberBaron

Robert Kubica :D

Wehrlein's name keeps coming up, but half the driver on the grid have been linked to the mercedes seat. Hulkenberg would have been a great fit, though he recently signed with Renault. Alonso would make for an interesting season long battle, and so far he has not been very happy with mclaren.

Nico knew he wouldn't be able to defend his title next year. Speculating, he had the deck stacked in his favor to win this season (to be fair, you have to be talented to get that far and win) but he knows he wouldn't be able to do it again.

Also rumor has it, Mecedes was looking to cut a driver, and if he retires he leaves on his terms instead of being booted. Because Mercedes won't cut Hamilton over Nico, even though they had the internal strife this year (or so it seems).

Nico knew he wouldn't be able to defend his title next year. Speculating, he had the deck stacked in his favor to win this season (to be fair, you have to be talented to get that far and win) but he knows he wouldn't be able to do it again.

Hamilton made a comment after the final race, read his book in ten years to get the back story on this season. Last winter several members on each team crew were swapped. The reliability results were evident.

Vettel is past his prime, weak last year at Red Bull and Raikkonen is showing him up at Ferrari.

Ricardo (like Rosberg) is very good but not special.

After Brazil I think Mercedes goes after Max Verstappen, or perhaps Daniel Ricciardo.

Nope.

There has been lots of jokes even coming from merc twitter page about Verstappen but history has shown Hamilton is awkward to partner.

Merc have already played down talk of a big name driver. My money is on Bottas.

Drives for a team Toti has a stake in. Is managed by Toto...

Easy calm driver. Fits the bill, let Lewis bring in the big points and Bottas can scoop up the crumbs.

Vettel is past his prime, weak last year at Red Bull and Raikkonen is showing him up at Ferrari.

I've always been a big Raikkonen fan, he's a more natural talent as a driver goes than most on the grid. However he doesn't fit the "whole package" of showman/driver/celebrity F1 brand wants.

I like his attitude, "leave me alone, I know what i'm doing!" :lol2:

Sure kimi has his fans but for me he has never fulfilled his hype.

His world championship was practically gifted to him, he moans more than says anything of real interest. Plus every sentence starts with a noise like he has been asked to mimic a dwarf falling down a well.

In an ideal world I would like Button in that merc seat. Back to his Brawn team! But one he has retired and two he has a contract with mclaren should Alonso bugger off/stoffel crash too much.

I dont think Vettel is past his prime, he is just in a crap car.

Listen to his radio, bitchin about everything rather than getting on with the job.

He won his first race in a Minardi nee Toro Rosso. That was a piece of shit.

Should of made a poll lol

I think alonso will be the chosen one

Hamilton and Alonso don't play well together and it cost McLaren $100m last time.

After some thought, CC's suggestion about Bottas seems the most rational unless they go with a dark horse.

Button has not retired, he is still under contract with mclaren, though he probably will not get to race the mclaren again.

Pierre Gasly, this years GP2 champion, does not have a ride for next season, could he be an option for mercedes??

I would like to see Vettel in the Silver Arrow, but it isn't likely. It is no secret that he isn't happy with Ferrari. I think he could really do well in a Benz. The updated Tech (especially the tires) will be really interesting to see.

I would like to see Vettel in the Silver Arrow, but it isn't likely. It is no secret that he isn't happy with Ferrari. I think he could really do well in a Benz. The updated Tech (especially the tires) will be really interesting to see.

Vettel will still be at Ferrari.

Maurizio though, I am not so sure. If Vettel did not get on the podium for the last race then I reckon he would have been forced out.

Also rumor has it, Mecedes was looking to cut a driver, and if he retires he leaves on his terms instead of being booted. Because Mercedes won't cut Hamilton over Nico, even though they had the internal strife this year (or so it seems).

Who knows, Nico might have been totally competitive against Hamilton next season just as well.

Remember he had more car problems last 2 seasons when Hamilton bagged it. But I also understand his decision.

That is not true on cutting driver. Nico had 50m€ contract from Mercedes. That's your first cue that you are quite wanted in the team.

How about my young friend Bruno. An American at the wheel?

He just won the FIA formula 4 championship in China and the Pro Mazda series in the United States.

He is going on 17 and super talented. Been racing since he was 4 and he has won every championship he has ever raced for.

Plus if you met him in person you would sign him simply by his demeanor, his charm, and he is a handsome little dude..

Here are some photos from his FIA championship awards ceremony last week.

post-19695-1481049512_thumb.jpg

post-19695-1481049518_thumb.jpg

post-19695-1481049525_thumb.jpg

post-19695-1481049530_thumb.jpg

Nope.

I dont think Vettel is past his prime, he is just in a crap car.

Agreed.

Should of made a poll lol

I think alonso will be the chosen one

Nope. Alonso is almost 40 (35), he's on his way out. I don't know if he's still got the passion for it or he's just going through the motions (because that Honda engine is just not working out for McLaren) but Alonso and Hambone does not get along at all. Two former WDC with WDC ego's where the team has to keep them in check.

Listen to his radio, bitchin about everything rather than getting on with the job.

He won his first race in a Minardi nee Toro Rosso. That was a piece of shit.

That can be said about any F1 driver tho that's tasted or has been a WDC. Hell Hambone is probably the biggest crybaby on the grid.

As for who is going to take seat in car number #2 next to Hambone has to be someone who they can groom and and play submissive next to him. But rumors are also going on about with the changes again for the 2017 season we might see a MB drop off and a resurgence from Red Bull.

Honestly think Nico Hulkenberg should have a shot at a great car, but he's now old and not that new shiny star he used to be.

Hulkenberg would have been a perfect fit at Mercedes, lots of experience, quality driver, and he is German.

The Hulk would be great but I don't think he would be able to get out of his contract with Renault. I'd like to see bottas or Sergio Perez,

Sergio has had some good qualifying results and finishes the last 2 years.

Hmm I wonder if Pastor Maldonado is available. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: