Sports Car Rental App - What do you think?

Afflurent

Hi to all! I’m new here :)

I was in Cannes sometime ago and wanted to rent a nice car for a coast trip, but the experience of finding good deals, knowing the price or even understand what models are available from rental companies was a really painful experience.

Basically I had to email or call around 20 car rental companies to see who gives me the best deal or just to understand what cars they provide, so I ended up just wasting my time and riding motorcyle by the end ( Ducati at least lol )

As being into IT, I decided to make the process easier and created “Afflurent” app as for now just for iPhone.

I would like to share with you my work and curious to know what do you think.

Let me know for any improvement that might help you to make your supercar rental experience more pleasurable.

“Afflurent” on Apple Store

I was in Cannes sometime ago and wanted to rent a nice car for a coast trip, but the experience of finding good deals, knowing the price or even understand what models are available from rental companies was a really painful experience.

Basically I had to email or call around 20 car rental companies to see who gives me the best deal or just to understand what cars they provide, so I ended up just wasting my time and riding motorcyle by the end ( Ducati at least lol )

As being into IT, I decided to make the process easier and created “Afflurent” app as for now just for iPhone.

Let me know for any improvement that might help you to make your supercar rental experience more pleasurable.

3616561-5273470299-popco.gif

How big do you think your captive audience is and how are you going to monetize it . Very few apps make money and nobody wants to pay for anything as a rule so you need to create a lot of traffic to get ad money , not an easy task for an niche app

Have you heard of Turo? They are the go-to car rental app right now. How does your app compare to that one?

Trying to rent an exotic in Europe is an absolute nightmare to say the least, IMO anything would help.

I spent weeks trying to organize a ride prior getting there most of the nightmares are caused by dodgy operators, there is a limited amount of stock with tens of brokers trying to con you into a deal but majority of them don't have the car, so they first try to lock you in then they go try find the car for you, most are fighting over the same car, PITA, it would be cheaper and less headache to buy one and sell it back at an agreed price if you could find a willing dealer.

I rented from Porsche in Stuttgart. It was under $1800 for 6 days and 3000 km. Great car selection.

I would not trust a 3rd party exotic rental such as turo. If it is a nice car, the owner wouldn't rent it to a jackass for 1000 a day. Plus, those are usually limited to 150mi a day which is rather useless.

I rented from Porsche in Stuttgart. It was under $1800 for 6 days and 3000 km. Great car selection.

I would not trust a 3rd party exotic rental such as turo. If it is a nice car, the owner wouldn't rent it to a jackass for 1000 a day. Plus, those are usually limited to 150mi a day which is rather useless.

Wow that's a great deal, do they have them at any other location or just Stuttgart?

I agree. I am going to be in Europe and would be interested, esp. if they have other locations.

Wow that's a great deal, do they have them at any other location or just Stuttgart?