TOur De France 2014

topcabron

Wow what a start.

Cavendish looks like he totally fucked his tour at 70 kph.

Kittel wins, but Sagan is going to take the green jersey

My prediction?

I want Van Garteren but Alberto Contador will win.

We have 7 days of flats and then the fireworks in the hills begins.

Probably one of the most contested tours in many years with Froome, Contador, Van gateran, Niballi, et al.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a betting man? If Van Garteren wins you have to let your girlfriend tattoo you! If Contador wins you have to tattoo her a whole arm sleeve :icon_mrgreen:

hahahahaha

dude, van garteren showed incredible form by winning and putting both Froome and Cantador into the red at in the Dauphine

and as a side note, this is yet another sport most Americans have no idea

this event is HARD. There are no fake divings, its everyday, pressure, mile after mile without forgiveness.

You want to see how hard someone can hit the deck and still finish? Google Cavendish crash tour de france 2014. I think you will have a good idea.

The world cup is nice, a beautiful event, but those guys can be pussies compared to what these cyclists have to endure day in and day out.

yes, this sport has been plagued by drug use that has been systematic and rampant. but at least they do something about it instead of ignoring it.

and as a side note, this is yet another sport most Americans have no idea

this event is HARD. There are no fake divings, its everyday, pressure, mile after mile without forgiveness.

Nreedle after needle after needle...

Great scenes from Yorkshire today.

Bryg6xWIMAE8qpw.jpg

Awesome, bicycle racing, how exciting ....... I'd rather watch hours of soccer players "diving" compilations than watch drug infused sweaty men in Lycra peddling for countless hours :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome, bicycle racing, how exciting ....... I'd rather watch hours of soccer players "diving" compilations than watch drug infused sweaty men in Lycra peddling for countless hours :icon_mrgreen:

geeezus

^^^^^^^^:icon_thumleft: :D

In all seriousness, I can respect the athleticism and training and all that the sport requires, but from a spectator standpoint, just not my thing. Then again, I pretty much find all sports boring.

It is not always exciting to watch. Sometimes it is dreary but it is better than watching cross country running/ skiing.

The best form of cycling to watch is track cycling.

Example

Watch Chris Hoy here

yes, you can always watch the last kilometer of the race if you don't want to bother with team tactics, inter race competitions, or anything else but results.

today, Niballi showed he is a contender.

last 3 kilometers was very intense so early in the race for the favorites.

this year is going to be awesome.

What a great and extremely hard sport. I'm away for a conference all week so I won't be able to watch, but I'll refocus on it when I get back. Very exciting spectacle to say the least (IMO...). Not for everybody but when you start to understand all the subtle (and not so subtle) strategies that occur to make this one guy win, it's rather neat. Very team oriented sport even though it is officially individual winners.

The UK fans doing selfies, blocking riders, being idiots on the course causing crashes is incredible...

Agreed, I just don't get it. Also don't get the need to run alongside riders when climbing. Nonsensical.

hahahahaha

dude, van garteren showed incredible form by winning and putting both Froome and Cantador into the red at in the Dauphine

Um, don't you mean Talansky? He won the Dauphine.

TJ looked strong when Froome attacked him two days ago, he covered the move like it was no big deal and had a very wry grin on his face in the interviews.

Contador is on fire, looks as good as he ever has.

Talansky has something up his sleeve, he looks really good and they haven't hit a climb yet where he can showcase his strength.

Froome just crashed, again, on his sore side from where he crashed in the Dauphine. He is in the hurt box, I guarantee that.

As for the drug use, give me a fcuking break, seriously. This is now the cleanest sport on the planet. If you don't like watching drug infused sports, I suggest you head down to the local peewee league of your choice. These fuckers are all on drugs by the time they hit high school. That goes for all of them, Soccer, Tennis, Football, Baseball, track and field, Basketball et al. That said, find one of these sports that I mentioned that have to fill out whereabouts forms for 2 months in advance. Find one that tests people out of competition. Find one of these that tests the winner of every stage and random throughout the top 10.

This is going to be one of the most tightly contested tours in history. It should be a fireworks show when they hit the mountains. It should also be interesting to see who survives the cobbles of Paris Roubaix tomorrow.

Oh, and one more thing, if you think cyclists are still all drugged up, google the "biological Passport". If they are cheating, which of course some still are, they have to be fcuking ninjas to make it work. They are popping guys with no actual proof of doping, just the assumption based on blood values. Let's see some whingy soccer or football player submit to having blood drawn several times a month and having their haematocrit levels monitored for fluctuations by a 3 person expert panel over a 12 month period every year, even when they aren't competing. Never happen.

yes, i rushed my post and combined telansky and van garderen

they will both be there at the end, don't know where, but top ten.

tomorrow is going to be epic.

Um, don't you mean Talansky? He won the Dauphine.

TJ looked strong when Froome attacked him two days ago, he covered the move like it was no big deal and had a very wry grin on his face in the interviews.

Contador is on fire, looks as good as he ever has.

Talansky has something up his sleeve, he looks really good and they haven't hit a climb yet where he can showcase his strength.

Froome just crashed, again, on his sore side from where he crashed in the Dauphine. He is in the hurt box, I guarantee that.

As for the drug use, give me a fcuking break, seriously. This is now the cleanest sport on the planet. If you don't like watching drug infused sports, I suggest you head down to the local peewee league of your choice. These fuckers are all on drugs by the time they hit high school. That goes for all of them, Soccer, Tennis, Football, Baseball, track and field, Basketball et al. That said, find one of these sports that I mentioned that have to fill out whereabouts forms for 2 months in advance. Find one that tests people out of competition. Find one of these that tests the winner of every stage and random throughout the top 10.

This is going to be one of the most tightly contested tours in history. It should be a fireworks show when they hit the mountains. It should also be interesting to see who survives the cobbles of Paris Roubaix tomorrow.

Oh, and one more thing, if you think cyclists are still all drugged up, google the "biological Passport". If they are cheating, which of course some still are, they have to be fcuking ninjas to make it work. They are popping guys with no actual proof of doping, just the assumption based on blood values. Let's see some whingy soccer or football player submit to having blood drawn several times a month and having their haematocrit levels monitored for fluctuations by a 3 person expert panel over a 12 month period every year, even when they aren't competing. Never happen.

I've been a cyclist and raced a number of years since I was 9 and currently ride 100+ miles a week on my mountain bike. I think I have a educated opinion.

If you think cycling is clean or as you say the cleanest sport on the planet I think you are just caught up in the current "we are clean" mantra that is going around. Let's look back at this post a few years from now and see if your claim holds.

Is cycling cleaner than 5+ years ago? Most likely. You can bet there are teams that know how and do cheat the BP. Think of all the tests that were beat years ago, you can bet if there is a test, there is a cheat to it.

I watched a great documentary about Armstrong last night.

It got me thinking about how people cheating on the tour da France...

Then I started watching some footage of the tour... And... Some of the people have motors on their bikes. Talk about blatant cheating

I've been a cyclist and raced a number of years since I was 9 and currently ride 100+ miles a week on my mountain bike. I think I have a educated opinion.

If you think cycling is clean or as you say the cleanest sport on the planet I think you are just caught up in the current "we are clean" mantra that is going around. Let's look back at this post a few years from now and see if your claim holds.

Is cycling cleaner than 5+ years ago? Most likely. You can bet there are teams that know how and do cheat the BP. Think of all the tests that were beat years ago, you can bet if there is a test, there is a cheat to it.

Um, not to knock your reading comprehension, but did you even read what I wrote?

As for your 100 miles a week on the MTB, I am not sure where that lends credibility to your argument. I have been racing a bicycle since I was 14 years old, I am 41 years old as of a couple days ago and I am pretty closely connected to the sport.

As I said, there will always be cheats anywhere that there is money, I did say that, look again. Is this likely the cleanest sport around, absolutely. They are the only ones actually looking for anything. They are the most vilified so that other sports can duck under the radar.

How can you refute his claim of "Cleanest sport on the planet" ? Are you saying other highly competitive physical sports are more strictly regulated and tested? If so, which ones?

When there are millions of $$$ on the line and people want an edge they will do what they can, but I do agree with Rouleur, the UCI and regulating bodies go way above and beyond the normal call of duty to test within the best of their abilities. If someone finds a way around the current testing, then at some point the tests will also evolve.

The flip side would be to say hell with it, all bets are off, you guys do whatever the hell you want. If everyone is doing it, then is it cheating? Lets see guys sprinting with 60t chainrings :icon_mrgreen: