Anyone own a Speciale? Thoughts?

Plastique999

So I'm having an itch again....seems to be every 6 months or so.

I picked up my LP640 roadster a few months ago and love taking it to car meets and have been driving it more than my 16M or CGT.

I'm trying to keep my collection small but focused. Sold my AM and Bentley.

High on my radar is a Speciale. I feel that as the last NA V8 motor Ferrari will make, this car will be very special. Any thoughts, reviews, or comparisons from owners?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm having an itch again....seems to be every 6 months or so.

I picked up my LP640 roadster a few months ago and love taking it to car meets and have been driving it more than my 16M or CGT.

I'm trying to keep my collection small but focused. Sold my AM and Bentley.

High on my radar is a Speciale. I feel that as the last NA V8 motor Ferrari will make, this car will be very special. Any thoughts, reviews, or comparisons from owners?

You are correct in wanting one of these cars. I think it will be a big one for appreciation, and also an amazing car to drive. Excited to see what you come up with!

Right after the Scud, this is the only other Ferrari that interests me. Spoke to some of the mechanics at Newport Ferrari and they had nothing but good things to say about the Speciale. Would love to get one in the future. They look amazing!

Love mine - great on track, street etc.

Aperta the one to go for if you're wanting it as a collectible...you also seem to like verts :)

Love mine - great on track, street etc.

Aperta the one to go for if you're wanting it as a collectible...you also seem to like verts :)

Yes the SA would definitely be top choice but current market is asking over twice the cost of a coupe...seen one asking $850k, which seems outrageous.

Happen to know production numbers of the Speciale?

Will be hard to find a white one :P

Lol, white would be the color I'd get. There are a couple for sale in the States - one has blue stripe and another is stripe-less.

Yes the SA would definitely be top choice but current market is asking over twice the cost of a coupe...seen one asking $850k, which seems outrageous.

Happen to know production numbers of the Speciale?

Mine is white :)

Approx 3000

I wouldn't pay more than list for an Aperta - not worth it when you get into 500k plus price range.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems some of these are selling close to MSRP.....

Contemplating trading my LP640 for a Speciale??

But I do love the presence of the Murcie....

LA-Brit let me know when you want to sell yours ;)

What are your specs and pics?

Huge spec but it's in London.

You dont want Labrits... It was a rental. :thefinger:

Just purchased a Speciale a couple months ago and it's far exceeded my expectations thus far ..Never owned a Ferrari before nor have I ever driven one lol, but one thing is for sure it surely lives up to all the hype!! Love it!!

image.jpeg

That's beautiful, there is something special about stripped out cars irrespective of the maker, enjoy it in the best of health.

Fortis' date='May 8 2016, 05:17 PM' post='1242143']

That's beautiful, there is something special about stripped out cars irrespective of the maker, enjoy it in the best of health.

Thank you Fortis :la: I haven't been on LP in a couple months, so I apologize if I missed some of your recent posts... But speaking of stripped out cars is your SVR due in soon? :eusa_dance:

Fortis' date='May 8 2016, 05:17 PM' post='1242143']

Thank you Fortis :la: I haven't been on LP in a couple months, so I apologize if I missed some of your recent posts... But speaking of stripped out cars is your SVR due in soon? :eusa_dance:

The dealer says November, but he didn't mention the year :eusa_think: LOL, it's been so long I kind of lost interest to be perfectly honest, hopefully it will spark back up once I see the car.

Just purchased a Speciale a couple months ago and it's far exceeded my expectations thus far ..Never owned a Ferrari before nor have I ever driven one lol, but one thing is for sure it surely lives up to all the hype!! Love it!!

Perfect color with the perfect Italian stripe!

What color is your interior?

Let me know if you are ever interested in selling.

Plastique999' date='May 10 2016, 02:14 AM' post='1242215']

Perfect color with the perfect Italian stripe!

What color is your interior?

Let me know if you are ever interested in selling.

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words. I searched for 10 months for the right spec.... Just got the car back from having CF mirrors installed. Looks sick! Getting some better pics of the car done soon..But here's a couple pics of the interior. The seats were optioned with the Italian flag color scheme stitching going down the center along with the same matching stiching on the steering wheel.

image.jpeg

Fortis' date='May 9 2016, 03:40 PM' post='1242192']

The dealer says November, but he didn't mention the year :eusa_think: LOL, it's been so long I kind of lost interest to be perfectly honest, hopefully it will spark back up once I see the car.

It will be well worth the wait I'm sure! Just gives you more time to enjoy the Huracan!!

The Speciale is probably a more fun car to drive than the 488

I haven't driven the 488 yet, I do know it's faster, but my suspicion is that you are probably correct in your assumption. :lol2: