> Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information
Rating 5 V
LPDADDY
post Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Post #1021

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201

The aventador is really getting long in the tooth, tough to get excited for me , another body kit, 20hp more , they will make as many as they can sell . Need some new blood.

--------------------

The end justifies the means
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sl55
post Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Post #1022

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 11,006

QUOTE (LPDADDY @ Jul 18 2018, 01:10 PM) *
The aventador is really getting long in the tooth, tough to get excited for me , another body kit, 20hp more , they will make as many as they can sell . Need some new blood.

+1.

Makes you wonder what happens to SVJ prices once the replacement is announced especially if they make say a 1,000 SVJs as rumored.
+Quote Post
Luckydaff
post Yesterday, 01:51 PM
Post #1023

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 229,790

QUOTE (dtrax @ Jul 18 2018, 08:08 PM) *
How about the 812Superfast "tdf" - thats got to be another 3 years away?

Sure it is coming, but is it sexy enough to spoil the SVJ? In my mind it isn't. To be honest the 812-line is far less exciting to me than the F12 ever was. Also I share Stefano Domenicali's view. He said in an interview that Ferraris is not a competitor, but a compliment. You get the Lambo for the drama and soul. But you get the Ferrari for the everyday-usability. Why compare a spicy GT to a supercar?
+Quote Post
sl55
post Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Post #1024

Member No.: 11,006

Oh how I wish Lambo would keep their limited edition V12's more exclusive like Ferrari does with their limited edition V12's. The 812 TDF or whatever it will be called might not be the best looking or best performing car available on the market when it's released but one thing that it will have going for it is exclusivity. It'll be near impossible to buy one and most of them will be purchased and put into storage.
+Quote Post
EyeDoc
post Yesterday, 03:13 PM
Post #1025

Member No.: 91,480

To those that say 1000 SVJ's WORLDWIDE is not exclusive enough...get a life! Maybe 500 will make their way to the US market. I can pretty much guarantee that I will have the only one in the entire state of Utah. Thats exclusive enough for me.

Ferrari V12's? LMAO...the 'Superfast' is ugly as F@@k.
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Post #1026

PE

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (Luckydaff @ Jul 18 2018, 05:51 PM) *
Sure it is coming, but is it sexy enough to spoil the SVJ? In my mind it isn't. To be honest the 812-line is far less exciting to me than the F12 ever was. Also I share Stefano Domenicali's view. He said in an interview that Ferraris is not a competitor, but a compliment. You get the Lambo for the drama and soul. But you get the Ferrari for the everyday-usability. Why compare a spicy GT to a supercar?

The Ferrari V12 will always be significant in the automotive landscape. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the styling, that's one thing they always get right.

The F140 family in particular has been special -- the Enzo has been the blueprint engine for Ferrari since 2002.
+Quote Post
VCR
post Yesterday, 04:32 PM
Post #1027

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 3,591

The business models of Lamborghini and Ferrari are almost mutually exclusive; they cannot be compared to each other. Ferrari is a self-containing huge marketing machine that has long established a solid following. Lamborghini; despite having the blessing of Audi & VAG; is on a shoestring budget. Given the extremities, I tip my hat to Winkelmann and Domenicali for their efforts and results. For the same reason, I don't think Domenicali would want to step on his former employer's toes just in case and hence his comment of Ferrari being a compliment. There is no telling where Lamborghini is heading so long as they are just a small sector of the big VAG pie and especially when big brother Porsche takes up a good chunk of it as well. Lamborghini needs to make a certain quantity for sheer survival and to finance their next flagship; with the SV-J and the few-off model carrying the torch.

If this is indeed the last NA & non-hybrid V12 car that Lamborghini will ever make, then the rumoured 1000 SV-J's aren't too many. They probably will retain their value quite well once people begin to realize the SV-J is marking the end of a certain Lamborghini era; as another member has indicated. Although I am confident that this isn't the end of this powerplant. It might not operate as a standalone unit anymore but it should continue its service in tandem with some hybrid tech.
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Post #1028

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (VCR @ Jul 18 2018, 05:32 PM) *
The business models of Lamborghini and Ferrari are almost mutually exclusive; they cannot be compared to each other. Ferrari is a self-containing huge marketing machine that has long established a solid following. Lamborghini; despite having the blessing of Audi & VAG; is on a shoestring budget. Given the extremities, I tip my hat to Winkelmann and Domenicali for their efforts and results. For the same reason, I don't think Domenicali would want to step on his former employer's toes just in case and hence his comment of Ferrari being a compliment. There is no telling where Lamborghini is heading so long as they are just a small sector of the big VAG pie and especially when big brother Porsche takes up a good chunk of it as well. Lamborghini needs to make a certain quantity for sheer survival and to finance their next flagship; with the SV-J and the few-off model carrying the torch.

If this is indeed the last NA & non-hybrid V12 car that Lamborghini will ever make, then the rumoured 1000 SV-J's aren't too many. They probably will retain their value quite well once people begin to realize the SV-J is marking the end of a certain Lamborghini era; as another member has indicated. Although I am confident that this isn't the end of this powerplant. It might not operate as a standalone unit anymore but it should continue its service in tandem with some hybrid tech.

That does it...Let's have everyone on LPower chip in and let's just buy the damn company...We can have Roman be the CEO, Allan as head of Marketing, Fortis as head of design and LP Daddy Head of Quality control. Who's in?

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Luxeous
post Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Post #1029

Member No.: 12,829

QUOTE (VCR @ Jul 18 2018, 05:32 PM) *

I agree with this - the biggest similarity between Lambo and Ferrari is price and the country they're produced in. Even then, the V12s are on different ends of the spectrum - One is a peacock spaceship, the other is a grand tourer.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out with a Performante level update to the flagship Lambo. The S is already a significant improvement to the 700, I can't wait to see how good the J will be.

Side note, I heard you'll be able to spec your SVJ allocation at Quail. Wish I could make it!

--------------------

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
+Quote Post
LPDADDY
post Yesterday, 06:55 PM
Post #1030

Group Icon

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (EyeDoc @ Jul 18 2018, 04:13 PM) *
To those that say 1000 SVJ's WORLDWIDE is not exclusive enough...get a life! Maybe 500 will make their way to the US market. I can pretty much guarantee that I will have the only one in the entire state of Utah. Thats exclusive enough for me.

Ferrari V12's? LMAO...the 'Superfast' is ugly as F@@k.

It is and it isn’t . By the end of the production cycle , my guess is that there will be 10000 aventador’s out there , call it whatever , 50th , S, SV , SVJ , still basically the same car with different front spoilers or stickers . To the average joe , same shit , one would be hard pressed to tell the difference between all of them . Are they good looking cars ? Definitely and best bang for the buck in the supercar segment but hardly exclusive , the same body shape goes on for way too long and that has been Lambo’s issue since the Gallardo . But they need to be profitable and I suppose this is the only way to do it . The Urus might be the game changer for the company , it should fill up the coffers very nicely and might allow for new cars with a shorter life cycle

--------------------

The end justifies the means
+Quote Post
Supercar Ace
post Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Post #1031

Jedi Ninja

Member No.: 8,919

QUOTE (Luxeous @ Jul 18 2018, 07:10 PM) *
I agree with this - the biggest similarity between Lambo and Ferrari is price and the country they're produced in. Even then, the V12s are on different ends of the spectrum - One is a peacock spaceship, the other is a grand tourer.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out with a Performante level update to the flagship Lambo. The S is already a significant improvement to the 700, I can't wait to see how good the J will be.

Side note, I heard you'll be able to spec your SVJ allocation at Quail. Wish I could make it!

I'll be sure to snap some pics and text them to you since I'll be at the unveiling icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

- Without Fear -

Top Gear: In eleven years at the company you’ve met a huge number of your customers, can you tell us what a typical Lamborghini owner is like?

Stephan Winkleman: It seems very superficial, but it’s really male. Usually, they’re all self-made men – ranging from those in the 20s right up to men in their 70s. They’re very proud of their product, and they have no fear to be seen in a car like this.

And when I speak to them, I feel that they buy into a world, not only into a product. So it’s also a lifestyle, an idea they see behind that. And they enjoy the car as something that is rewarding them for the hard work they’re doing, or a dream that came true after, say, saving for 20 years.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Yesterday, 10:46 PM
Post #1032

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

QUOTE (sl55 @ Jul 19 2018, 07:29 AM) *
+1.

Makes you wonder what happens to SVJ prices once the replacement is announced especially if they make say a 1,000 SVJs as rumored.

They will be steady, it's never good to get the 1st production year, add a hybrid in there and it get's even scarier, I'd give Lambo a good few years to iron the bugs first.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Post #1033

Group Icon

QUOTE (Smash Boy @ Jul 19 2018, 09:30 AM) *
The Ferrari V12 will always be significant in the automotive landscape. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of the styling, that's one thing they always get right.

The F140 family in particular has been special -- the Enzo has been the blueprint engine for Ferrari since 2002.

Are you sure they get them right? They should at least try to keep the wheels on them, don't think that's too much to ask LOL
+Quote Post
Smash Boy
post Today, 08:50 AM
Post #1034

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jul 19 2018, 02:49 AM) *
Are you sure they get them right? They should at least try to keep the wheels on them, don't think that's too much to ask LOL

The engine is so powerful, the wheels just come off. icon_mrgreen.gif
+Quote Post
lambornima
post Today, 08:59 AM
Post #1035

Member No.: 2,638

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JryZzJm_3wM
+Quote Post
Allan-Herbie
post Today, 09:15 AM
Post #1036

Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(lambornima @ Jul 19 2018, 04:59 PM) *

Regular F12 was faster than Aventador as well.

--------------------

87 Countach QV
98 Diablo SV Monterey Edition
02 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT
89 928S4
+Quote Post
Luckydaff
post Today, 11:49 AM
Post #1037

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 229,790

QUOTE (lambornima @ Jul 19 2018, 06:59 PM) *

Of course a lighter car with a faster gearbox wiith 60 PS more will be faster in a drag race. The F12 beat the LP700 in a drag too. But when the corners came the Lambo was faster. I am sure the S is faster on track than the 812 smile.gif
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Today, 01:20 PM
Post #1038

Group Icon

QUOTE (Smash Boy @ Jul 20 2018, 02:50 AM) *
The engine is so powerful, the wheels just come off. icon_mrgreen.gif

I know shock.gif
+Quote Post

52 Pages V  « < 50 51 52
Reply to this topicStart new topic
13 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 01:34 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag