Picked up a garage mate for the stick 640: Ruf RT12S

MrEd

I have spent years looking for the right Ruf car to buy and waiting for the rest of life to not get in the way. I finally caught wind of this car becoming available and picked it up about a week ago. It is a 2006 Ruf RT12S with the taller 6th gear, narrow body and mirrors, integrated roll cage, manual, RWD, hydraulic suspension, carbon sport seats, carbon spoiler, OZ wheels, and a lot more cool stuff. It is a true Ruf VIN car, not a converted Porsche. Put about 900 miles on it so far and it is an absolute blast. Perfect compliment to the manual 640.

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8198.jpg

Copy-of-20160112-_RS_6787-2-1024x682.jpg

Copy-of-20160112-_RS_6789-1024x558.jpg

More - Ruf RT12S Gallery

Looks like a ton of fun, congrats!

Thank you. It really is. Definitely a handful under power. It has fairly rudimentary TC so it intervenes often when engaged.

Congrats, was following your posts/travel updates on IG!

Thanks so much. It was a very fun #RufRoadTrip!

Those are amazing cars. Congrats! What's the biggest surprise from the car?

I had always heard how stock feeling and livable the Ruf cars were but it really is beautifully easy to drive. The shifter is a bit notchy which I had heard about but it is not a big deal. The car covers ground brilliantly.

Awesome car. Is that paint or 3M satin black?

It is paint. Originally the car was GT Silver (which the cocoa interior makes a bit more sense with. It went back to Ruf in Germany in 09 for the RT12S updates. While it was there they disassembled and repainted the car. The color is very consistent but it still needs a good detail. The Swissvax/Lambo matte wax is really good. There are a couple minor acid rain spots on each quarter. I am hoping that will fade them out.

Congrats!

Many thanks. Loving it so far.

• 9 months later...
Wow, love it. I was just thinking the other day how I'd like to own one of these at some point.

Looks like your latest acquisition goes just a bit faster! Good choice.

Wow, love it. I was just thinking the other day how I'd like to own one of these at some point.

But if you decide you need this one for your amazing collection, shoot me a message.

• 1 month later...