The Fate of the Furious

misterchaos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, one of the worst things i have ever seen. implausible, hack one liners, just garbage for 11 year old kids to stroke to.

honestly, one of the worst things i have ever seen. implausible, hack one liners, just garbage for 11 year old kids to stroke to.

It's way out there but still was light fun.

Murci 580 stick on low profile tires and rims on ice LOL. At least run spikes to make it believable like what Jon Olsson did up the mountain

Only a relevant review if you've actually seen the last several ones and are comparing it to them. :lol2:

You kinda have to understand what the franchise is......It isn't the best written plot or no where near logical....After all it's an action movie focused on cars. Tear down all expectation and this one was definitely better than the last three imo...Hands down.

Didn't know this came out already ....did Paul Walker's brother play a role? Who was cast in his place?

Not this one. They made one reference to him mentioning they didn't want to involve him and his wife in the conflict. So no paul walker in this one.

Didn't know this came out already ....did Paul Walker's brother play a role? Who was cast in his place?

I believe that Paul drove off into the sunset in Furious 7 not to be seen or heard from again.

Either that or I dreamt it as I fell asleep. :lol2:

I believe that Paul drove off into the sunset in Furious 7 not to be seen or heard from again.

Either that or I dreamt it as I fell asleep. :lol2:

well the ENTIRE cast hide themselves in far off reaches of the planet only to be sucked back in, so how he'd be an exception...

I'll admit, I have not seen more than 10 minutes of any of the previous, and I guess for what it is, for that audience it is probably fine, but I walked out of that film feeling superior to the audience that were raving about it.

:iamwithstupid:

fcuking unwatchable garbage.

You kinda have to understand what the franchise is......It isn't the best written plot or no where near logical....After all it's an action movie focused on ridiculous, over-the top action.

Fixed

Please name a movie you HAVE liked?

This one is easy to hate - A US street racer wins a drag race in reverse while on fire against the fastest car in Cuba, an unknown love child named Brian, a "world class" hacker that flys around in a modded E3 AWAC but drives a FJ40 (it does look mint), cars with harpoons, and a stolen 80's Russian nuclear submarine that apparently can be operated by remote control and can un-dry dock itself......you noodle a story out of that. It's a new low in movie making.

Not a lot recently. Hell or High Water and Sicario I would recommend.

Making a good movie is extremely hard, 2 hours isn't much time to develop compelling, interesting characters and storylines. This is why you are seeing a lot of good actors moving to series television.

This one is easy to hate - A US street racer wins a drag race in reverse while on fire against the fastest car in Cuba, an unknown love child named Brian, a "world class" hacker that flys around in a modded E3 AWAC but drives a FJ40 (it does look mint), cars with harpoons, and a stolen 80's Russian nuclear submarine that apparently can be operated by remote control and can un-dry dock itself......you noodle a story out of that. It's a new low in movie making.

Making a good movie is extremely hard, 2 hours isn't much time to develop compelling, interesting characters and storylines. This is why you are seeing a lot of good actors moving to series television.

Ok, Hell Or High Water and Sicario were both OK inmo. I liked Hacksaw Ridge as well.

Ok, Hell Or High Water and Sicario were both OK inmo. I liked Hacksaw Ridge as well.

Haven't seen it. As an actor Payback and MM2 were his best roles.

did we just become best friends?

Yeah, I'll have to give this one up, you win. :lol2:

Even as someone who has seen the last 7 on opening day and generally liked/tolerated this series for what it was, there was something a bit extra in this one that was just too much to deal with. At most in the previous flicks, they would limit the extreme suspension of disbelief to 1 or 2 scenes, but here it just felt like a non stop overload of over the top nonsense. It's like they just found the borderline to pure science fiction and just stayed right at it.

When you watch something that's so unrealistic in a crowded theater, you feel like you're being complicit with all of the nonsense that goes on when others cheer at some of the stuff that happens. :lol2:

As far as "story" is concerned, it seems the loss of Brian wasn't as series ending as one would have thought, but at the same time it seems like it has forced the series to become camp by even its own standards.

Charlize Theron, excellent sensual villain. And that Cuban street race flag girl....damn!

One or two more and they should call it. Go out with an Expendables type cast and somehow get a rocket involved....The End.

Yeah, I'll have to give this one up, you win. :lol2:

Even as someone who has seen the last 7 on opening day and generally liked/tolerated this series for what it was, there was something a bit extra in this one that was just too much to deal with. At most in the previous flicks, they would limit the extreme suspension of disbelief to 1 or 2 scenes, but here it just felt like a non stop overload of over the top nonsense. It's like they just found the borderline to pure science fiction and just stayed right at it.

When you watch something that's so unrealistic in a crowded theater, you feel like you're being complicit with all of the nonsense that goes on when others cheer at some of the stuff that happens. :lol2:

As far as "story" is concerned, it seems the loss of Brian wasn't as series ending as one would have thought, but at the same time it seems like it has forced the series to become camp by even its own standards.

Charlize Theron, excellent sensual villain. And that Cuban street race flag girl....damn!

One or two more and they should call it. Go out with an Expendables type cast and somehow get a rocket involved....The End.

Prime example: Redirecting a missile on ice lmao .......better yet evading a heat seeker.

Now that I think about it this one did have way more over the top scenes.....

FF could just put a reel of car crashes and explosions together like a direct challenge to Michael Bay and add in a few cardboard cut outs of Dim Weasel and make a ton of money. Why isn't michele r dead by now? I mean, she was a trainwreck for a while, but every time i see her on film, she looks like a junkie about to rob me for her next fix. RBF is resting bitch face, I see RJF resting junkie face. Purely my observation, she's probably totally rehabilitated by now, but yeah...

Normally I'd block this out as spoilers, but this ain't king lear, and you probably already know this shit

• nobody is ever in real danger
  • good guy goes dark, betrays everyone only to redeem himself at the right time
  • rock and statham want to kill each other, yet have to find a way to work together, become "friends"
  • indiana jones rip off of fist fight and submarine prop
  • throat shot with rubber bullets not useful on the rock
  • cavitation from sub and driving fast on ice = no biggie (ice road truckers would argue)
  • us government seized cars from druglords that are all james bond worthy
  • blend in by not blending in! let's take the orange lambo and the bentley with a cannon on the roof!
  • SLOW missiles (ignore proximity fuse too)
  • 20mm gun = nothing to good guys' cars
  • "5000hp"
  • this special weapon is off limits
  • rules are off
  • statham's bro mysteriouly appears from black site
  • Cipher didn't check Dom for tracking devices
  • Dom was able to drive through Times Square in about 10 seconds
  • Elena was thrown out of a building while pregnant, and everything was fine
  • 5.56 turns bad guys to swiss cheese
  • tiny torpedo that is propelled on ice (ignore proximity fuse too)
  • sub that can do 60+ knots while cutting ice
  • giant fireball does nothing to the paint, ice, or Vin
  • good guys won't turn left to get out of way of ice-breaker sub
  • emp kills *everything* but sub and drydock control room
  • nukes easily armed/ready/launched by simple 30 second countdown
  • electronically operated doors on a submarine
  • walkies easily go through submarine to outside world
  • apparently their cell plans work in impossible conditions
  • remote controlled submarine
  • harpoons easily piece cars literally nothing else can penetrate
  • one dude gets the ice bucket challenege, not wet, not dead of hypothermia
  • was expecting big love scene with rock and statham, every close up they looked like they were gonna kiss
  • hackers can control non-autopilot cars remotely
  • the world's most powerful tracking device in a crucifix that is undetected by the best hackers in the world
  • takes you two minutes to upload crappy pix to instagram, but hackers can stream HD video live from the entire city block in realtime
  • so much more...

Thanks for the warning Testshoot. I'll adhere to my usual mode on following this franchise then --- watch it on a trans-Pacific flight only to kill time.