Judgement day is reality now

rmtn

Russians made working terminator, not only it shoots live rounds with Glocks it also can drive quadbike, open different doors etc...

Pretty cool, but I have to agree with Allan. 1, maybe 3 fifty cal rounds would take that puppy out. Maybe even 7.62. For close quarters combat, I could see this robot really benefitting but it's got a long way to go. For that, it'd need to be able to be silent, open doors, identify threats and non threats.

Here it drives car:

Last bit looks fake to me but could also be because of the crude shape of the thing.

Maybe it's the head but that thing reminds me more of this (Mobile Police Patlabor, originally a Japanese animation) than the Terminator.

Not sure what the point is though. Why would they want to make something that has the humanoid look? It's far from looking and maneuvering like a human and one has to overcome a lot of challenges associated with "walking on two feet". Why not just make it roll or have at least 4 legs?

mobile_police_patlabor_ingram_1_robot_spirits_action_figure.jpg

Maybe it's the head but that thing reminds me more of this (Mobile Police Patlabor, originally a Japanese animation) than the Terminator.

Not sure what the point is though. Why would they want to make something that has the humanoid look? It's far from looking and maneuvering like a human and one has to overcome a lot of challenges associated with "walking on two feet". Why not just make it roll or have at least 4 legs?

I agree. A lot of companies are moving forward with this line of thinking. Boston Dynamics has some cool designs. Robotics FTW. I am looking foward to my consciousness being uploaded into a robot soon :D

And that Russian robot is an utter POS.

• 4 weeks later...