Fantastic Countach Video

Hello everyone,

I stumbled upon this video in my recommended section on YouTube and have to say it was fantastic. There are so many epic videos of modern supercars, but very few of classics. I really enjoyed the video and hope a few on here will too.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

Very enjoyable.

I can't believe how much has changed in just the last 10 years.

From the countach all the way through the early murcielago the cars felt so similar. The noises, the engines, the way the transmissions shifted, the light front end. Driving a countach to a diablo to an early murci you can feel so much resemblance. The LP was quite a change in chassis feel, engine sounds, and cabin noise.

Then with the aventador it's pretty much all gone. It's amazing how quickly it went from 1 feel to another. It's a drastic leap forward in technology, which is great, but that dramatic feeling of being connected to everything that is going on with the car is gone.

I don't know why I am so in love with slower cars lately. Something about the raw mechanical feel of the driver to the chassis to the road has been lost in all the new stuff. fcuk all out speed. I love the cars with the Bizzarrini V12's in them. Just such cool sexy visceral pieces of machinery.

It's amazing how you show up to an event in a diablo or murcielago and it still steals the show. I have a love affair with these machines. I personally don't see that ever changing.

You know new ones are Audis right? (Awesome, but of course the heritage, sound and Feel is gone)

Very enjoyable.

I can't believe how much has changed in just the last 10 years.

From the countach all the way through the early murcielago the cars felt so similar. The noises, the engines, the way the transmissions shifted, the light front end. Driving a countach to a diablo to an early murci you can feel so much resemblance. The LP was quite a change in chassis feel, engine sounds, and cabin noise.

Then with the aventador it's pretty much all gone. It's amazing how quickly it went from 1 feel to another. It's a drastic leap forward in technology, which is great, but that dramatic feeling of being connected to everything that is going on with the car is gone.

I don't know why I am so in love with slower cars lately. Something about the raw mechanical feel of the driver to the chassis to the road has been lost in all the new stuff. fcuk all out speed. I love the cars with the Bizzarrini V12's in them. Just such cool sexy visceral pieces of machinery.

It's amazing how you show up to an event in a diablo or murcielago and it still steals the show. I have a love affair with these machines. I personally don't see that ever changing.

Since having the CGT for awhile now, everyone always asks... "Which is your favorite?" Then I point to the Countach...

Looks like, he loves his car.

I don't get 25th anni, QV is thousand times better. And I like LP400 too, which isn't liked by many. I actually think that LP400 is more striking looking than a QV with a wing. The reason is that LP400 is lower and it's got less parts, making it flatter and even more strange looking.

My childhood dreamcar is probably '92 2WD Diablo, of course, in yellow. It all started from her.

Anyway if I get a chance, I'd build a Countach LP500 '71 prototype replica, because I like the way it was cleaner even than a production LP400. I'd start with a 25th Marchesi frame that you can still get new, hehe.

____

As for new vs old cars.

I don't like new cars for being over electronic. I don't like electronic throttles nor way active traction control. And new cars seem to be slow with reaction time (idle->full WOT) which kills me. That 911 with PDK is slow too, yes. And their acceleration times is nice, but not fast enough for me.. :Р

• 2 weeks later...

nice video!

i am not the biggest anniversary fan, but for sure it is a good car and fantastic sound