Just got a Canon 5D Mark II Camera. WOW!

ab

I tell you what, this camera is simply amazing! I am using a 50mm F-1.4 EF lens. Pictures are untouched but in Jpeg mode. In Raw mode it's really brilliant! I am a novice with this camera and sure it will do much more!

100EOS5D-10.jpg

100EOS5D-6.jpg

100EOS5D-11.jpg

100EOS5D-3.jpg

100EOS5D-2.jpg

100EOS5D-9.jpg

Great camera, looking forward to more pics.

could you do me a favor and make a video with it, then put it up, would love to see the quality.

I have the Canon 40d now, obviously the 5d is full frame I am curious to fee if is it worth the upgrade costs?

I can get a point and shoot camera that can shoot in HD vid for a few hundred dollars.

But overall speaking, for a non professional is it worth the upgrade to the full frame?

I will see about doing a small HD video. Don't expect academy award winning stuff though...:)

I was going to look at the Nikon d700 since many say it's a better camera, but I say now..no way! I played with a Nikon D700 and "my" opinion is that the canon is much better. As far as the upgrade...I think it would be worth it, but I am very picky about my cameras. I was going to get the Canon 1DS, but the Canon 5D I think has a better sensor and for alot less than the 1Ds. (1Ds is about $7K for the body only. I paid near $5k for the camera, flash, two lenses. The pictures I posted don't do justice at all. Having an HD monitor also makes a huge difference too.

I have the 5D and the 5D Mk II is in transit and let me tell you the switch from crop to full frame is a no brainer. All the lenses in the Canon line up are designed for full frame (except the efs lenses) and the high ISO is ridiculous. I have a wedding coming up in 2 weeks, then my 5D will be up for sale :-)

I picked up a 5D Mark II a couple months ago as well. I'm very happy with it.

As for HD video, I haven't really bothered to shoot any, but what's cool about it is that you have access to all the lenses that you do for photography. You'll be able to get all those excellent lens properties captured in HD, whether it's from a fast 50mm with great DOF, or a 200mm zoom. Just swap the lens for whatever you want to shoot.

One quick thing to add. A lot of good photography comes down to the lens and the user. The 5D didn't exists 10 years ago, but people were still taking amazing photos. Think about it.

If only i had the money..that thing is soooo expensive..lol

for now..i'll just have to stick to my old 400D with kit lens..:(

Prices haven't dropped much. Becareful of those grey market cameras. I could of got one for $800 less, but you never know what you are going to get.

You've got some nice glass with that body. Congrats on the new toy, the photos look great.

I shoot Nikons, but I'm one of those handful of people that still hangs onto film. I only shoot a D40 for digital and its like the Camry of digital cameras. I'll eventually buck up for a full frame digital, but for that price I could convert my basement into my own personal darkroom instead of having to use a campus's darkroom... hehe.

You've got some nice glass with that body. Congrats on the new toy, the photos look great.

I shoot Nikons, but I'm one of those handful of people that still hangs onto film. I only shoot a D40 for digital and its like the Camry of digital cameras. I'll eventually buck up for a full frame digital, but for that price I could convert my basement into my own personal darkroom instead of having to use a campus's darkroom... hehe.

Wtf I thought it was 2600$

Wtf I thought it was 2600$

If your talking about the 5D, it is. A Nikon D40 is around 400 bucks.

They are going for $3500 now, how long does it take for Canon to drop the prices on their new cameras (6 months)? If ever on this paticular model?

They retail for $2,700 and sell on ebay for around $2,500 now.

They retail for $2,700 and sell on ebay for around $2,500 now.

That is for the body only. Ones that are selling for less are sold by people who maybe selling refurbs or grey market cameras. Some may claim a USA warranty, but it's not. I paid a little more to have peace of mind of who i am getting it from and it being legit.

I went from the old 5D to the 1Ds Mark III and am very happy.

Canon truly is the best DSLR out there.

• 2 months later...
I went from the old 5D to the 1Ds Mark III and am very happy.

Canon truly is the best DSLR out there.

I'd love to get my hands on some hasselblad.

I've got the 5d2 because of the HD video. I would still like to try the 1ds3 or nikon d3x.