1997.5 Diablo Roadster Help

FrankD

Just picked up a Diablo Roadster and I've been looking to obtain parts and service manuals for the car. It's an odd year since Lamborghini changed hands at that time and the car underwent some changes in 1998, ie horsepower increase, larger wheels, ect... I'm not sure which parts manual to get for the car. As far as service manual, which year? Thanks for the help.

FrankD

Just picked up a Diablo Roadster and I've been looking to obtain parts and service manuals for the car. It's an odd year since Lamborghini changed hands at that time and the car underwent some changes in 1998, ie horsepower increase, larger wheels, ect... I'm not sure which parts manual to get for the car. As far as service manual, which year? Thanks for the help.

FrankD

Glen at AMH exotics should be able to help. His prices are usually less than second hand items as well.

Glen at AMH exotics should be able to help. His prices are usually less than second hand items as well.

I'll drop him a line

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

FrankD

What do you mean with service manual? the workshop manual (big folder with rings) or warranty card (small booklet for the services stamps etc) ?

i add few pics of the warranty manual for USA model ( i think yours is a US car) correct for your model year

post-4328-1504272573_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1504272597_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1504272655_thumb.jpg

FrankD

97 are the manuals you need. This I'm sure about

My first lambo was a 97, the 97.5 was the same car with airbags added. That was the only difference between 97 &. 97.5.

The 98 had lots more changes. As I recall the 98 had larger rotors, a wider pedal box(I have fat feet and would have liked that) and 98 had a bit more hp. 98 drove a bit smoother(my friend had one). Clutch was softer (factory) better breaking. About the same power- 492hp as I recall. I put a exhaust system in it. Sounded better, didn't seem faster. A/C sucked in all of them.

At the time i bought my 97 I paid $220,000 and the 98's were in the $260's and the new 99's which drove even better were 300-320K depending on options like the MoMo edition cars.

I sold my 97 for $145K in 02, I had it around 3 years. Loved it, miss it. One of the nicest looking Diablo Roadsters ever IMO. I was the 2nd owner Nick Cage was the original owner.

Sorry this is written choppy. I'm on my phone and going off old memories that are popping into my brain.

I said more power and I stand. Y that from 97.5 to 98 bit they felt the same as far as performance. The "more power was numbers on paper" not on the street-I drove probably 25-30 diablos from 97,97.5,98 and all felt the same to me. Maybe the SV's were faster-I'm going off memory. The 99's and 6.0's were faster. Then the GT oh boy! But iirc 97/98 same speed for bone stock cars.

This post is old experiences I'm recalling and pls forgive me if my memory is off. But the manuals for your 97.5 ARE 97's that I'm certain of

Great car!! Enjoy.

My first lambo was a 97, the 97.5 was the same car with airbags added. That was the only difference between 97 &. 97.5.

The 98 had lots more changes. As I recall the 98 had larger rotors, a wider pedal box(I have fat feet and would have liked that) and 98 had a bit more hp. 98 drove a bit smoother(my friend had one). Clutch was softer (factory) better breaking. About the same power- 492hp as I recall. I put a exhaust system in it. Sounded better, didn't seem faster. A/C sucked in all of them.

At the time i bought my 97 I paid $220,000 and the 98's were in the $260's and the new 99's which drove even better were 300-320K depending on options like the MoMo edition cars.

I sold my 97 for $145K in 02, I had it around 3 years. Loved it, miss it. One of the nicest looking Diablo Roadsters ever IMO. I was the 2nd owner Nick Cage was the original owner.

Sorry this is written choppy. I'm on my phone and going off old memories that are popping into my brain.

I said more power and I stand. Y that from 97.5 to 98 bit they felt the same as far as performance. The "more power was numbers on paper" not on the street-I drove probably 25-30 diablos from 97,97.5,98 and all felt the same to me. Maybe the SV's were faster-I'm going off memory. The 99's and 6.0's were faster. Then the GT oh boy! But iirc 97/98 same speed for bone stock cars.

This post is old experiences I'm recalling and pls forgive me if my memory is off. But the manuals for your 97.5 ARE 97's that I'm certain of

Great car!! Enjoy.

Good info Eric.....thanks

Good info Eric.....thanks

Thought ya mite enjoy a little history, I'm not very smart on technical stuff on cars. But what I shared I know. Enjoy ur car!

Great car!! Enjoy.

which color was your 97? roadster?

which color was your 97? roadster?

it was superfly yellow i think(i'm 90% sure that was the name). With black interior with yellow piping. I liked it back when the color names were in English, now i couldn't tell you the name of the colors of my cars. I can get the VIN, I sold it to a guy who lived in Phoenix Az. I wish I kept it.

it was superfly yellow i think(i'm 90% sure that was the name). With black interior with yellow piping. I liked it back when the color names were in English, now i couldn't tell you the name of the colors of my cars. I can get the VIN, I sold it to a guy who lived in Phoenix Az. I wish I kept it.

cool!

i have a 97 in scurbo blue and a 93 2wd (not roadster) in superfly yellow :)