Which Spark Plugs

jags911tt

use Denso Iridium IXU 27. if the idle is hunting, you need to clean the throttle bodies and have them synchronized using LDAS. if you're using K&N filters or something similar and live in a dusty area, i would suggest going back to the stock paper filter. it will help in keeping the TB's cleaner thus prevent the hunting idle.

How do I check the coil packs to see I'd they are working properly

you will se that on the spark plugs wich one aint working as it should, i just replaced all my spark plugs and cleaned the coil packs from rust and corrosion, mine was running on 11 cylinders before and i didnt even notice untill i raced a m5 v10.

now the car is running with much more power the m5 didnt stand a chance.

anyway i just ordered the vw coilpacks and some cables to rebuild my 3-pin wiring to 4-pin im having a friend helping me and i will post pics and write about it when its being done next week.

you will se that on the spark plugs wich one aint working as it should, i just replaced all my spark plugs and cleaned the coil packs from rust and corrosion, mine was running on 11 cylinders before and i didnt even notice untill i raced a m5 v10.

anyway i just ordered the vw coilpacks and some cables to rebuild my 3-pin wiring to 4-pin im having a friend helping me and i will post pics and write about it when its being done next week.

Please do!

this i like to see. good luck

Is this due to the 'whiteout' thread? I'm not sure anyone has confirmed the 3pin to 4pin conversion process yet, is Nick helping you with this, or are you going it alone with your buddy? Definitely post results, as most people know, the 04+ spark plug coil packs are much better then the pre 04 ones, so you'll be helping a few owners out with this write up.

Being an 06 owner, it doesnt apply to me, but i am always glad to see fellow owners sharing and helping each other out.

Is this due to the 'whiteout' thread? I'm not sure anyone has confirmed the 3pin to 4pin conversion process yet, is Nick helping you with this, or are you going it alone with your buddy? Definitely post results, as most people know, the 04+ spark plug coil packs are much better then the pre 04 ones, so you'll be helping a few owners out with this write up.

Being an 06 owner, it doesnt apply to me, but i am always glad to see fellow owners sharing and helping each other out.

I got this idea from whiteout had no clue about it before he made his thread.

My friend is a mechanic @ JRM in sweden and he has build a few tt G,s and he tells me the conversion is easy. He ordered the cables and 4-pin connectors that i needed for this mod from vw so hopefully im having all parts needed for wednesday, so when i get started i will take pictures and document every thing he do and post here.

The weird thing is that my car only has the mis on cold start up and its gone after a drive.

I would start with replacing the plugs and go from there.

As azmurciev12 above wrote denso ixu27 works fine.

Factory plugs for a Murcielago are Champion RA59PP platinum plugs.

I use NGK DCPR9EIX-2316 platinum plugs

The weird thing is that my car only has the mis on cold start up and its gone after a drive.

They are bad.

Nick

• 4 years later...

Now that it's been a few years since these posts about spark plugs, any change based on experience from recommending Denso Iridium IXU 27 for the 6.2?