New Owner! My 2008 LP640

TheMoneyBadger

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum so I apologize for any errors and so on but simply put......I'm a new owner!

I was previously the owner of a few different Nissan GTR's and I have to admit it was very difficult for me to find a platform that just speaks to me the way the GTR did. I had seen people go from the GTR to the Audi R8 for years only to come back to the GTR a year later with disappointment. The challenge was finding a vehicle that performance wise, was in a similar class as the GTR (very hard to do and certainly not in the same price point) while looking absolutely insane. I did a lot of soul searching and looked at other manufacturers such as Aston Martin, Porsche, and Ferrari before arriving at the conclusion that nothing other than a Lamborghini would suffice.

The next task at hand was figuring out WHICH ONE, the Gallardo seemed to be the logical choice due to the initial entry point at the prices that we are seeing today for a manual, however, I have a few friends that already currently own Gallardo's in town including a UR Superleggera which is reportedly 1 of 10 in that color in the US. I knew that if I was going to do this that it NEEDED to be something outlandish, something rare that hasn't been seen often in this town. I started doing a bit more digging and stumbled upon the Murcielago which at first seemed as if was something that would have been a pipe dream when I was growing up and instantly it clicked in my head that I HAD to have one. Now, I know what you may be thinking, that "this guy is nuts" but I purchased my first GTR sight unseen using a satellite phone in Afghanistan on deployment to wire money etc and arrange a flight from Hawaii to pick it up upon my safe return home and I loved every bit of that car to the very last day of ownership. I was not aware of how difficult it would be in order to purchase such a vehicle and all of the necessary steps to properly do so outside of just handing over a bag full of cash without any thought of what you're getting into. Lamborghini of Palm Beach's service manager, Chris, was awesome in helping out with the inspection and giving me insight to tendencies and service history of Murci's in general. That ultimately made the dream REAL and I decided to pull the trigger.

The Murci has not disappointed in any way, shape or form. It is everything that I had hoped it would be and then some. I love the quirks of the car and find myself exploring and learning new things about it every week. It is the iconic V12 Lamborghini that I had hope for and man is it the equivalent of a UFO siting while driving in Wichita, KS of all places. I can't think of a time where I have driven it so far that the windows have been up because the sound is just absolutely incredible. It amazes me how planted the car is even at speeds that I won't mention in a public setting. It's hard not to put a huge smile on your face when you park somewhere and lift the door up. It has that "wow factor" that in my opinion just can't be found anywhere else. I haven't owned the vehicle very long but can say without a doubt that I don't imagine myself ever searching for something else. The Murci is hands down the be all, end all that I was hoping for.

Here are a few pictures of "The Money Badger":

Delivery

Delivery.jpg

Interior

interior.jpg

Debut at a meet

Cars_and_Coffee.jpg

Finally at home

21617794_1738200746204488_1960453150403852688_n.jpg

My Dad came into town and we learned take out is pretty hard to order at a window let alone finding space to get it home without wearing it

21687508_1738201009537795_4611910850841034212_n.jpg

Engine Bay

21765107_1738200862871143_2146745480587841163_n.jpg

Thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing from you guys! If you have any suggestions or things that I should know please by all means give me a shout!

Great decision and congratulations!

take out LOL.. thats if you can reach high enough to pass them the money.. ive never been brave enough to try it myself-- also too many curbs to make sure the nose misses it all..

good color choice - mines the same-- now i know what mine would look like with yellow calipers.. (black now)

enjoy it-- im having a blast with mine

Congratulations and thank you for you service! Beautiful car and the fact that it fulfills such a dream is amazing! Best of luck with her, enjoy it! :icon_super:

Congrats, great looking car.

Are the wheels still the gold colour in the first picture or back to black, I like the gold.

Congrats, great looking car.

Are the wheels still the gold colour in the first picture or back to black, I like the gold.

If it's the car I think it is......the passenger and driver rims are different colors.....

Thanks for all of the well wishes! I am still in disbelief that this is all possible. That is correct it is Phuc's old car from West Palm Beach. At first I wasn't sure about having the wheels two different colors but upon seeing it in person it's actually pretty damn cool in my opinion. For the time being I am going to leave it as it is until I decide otherwise. I'm more interested in just enjoying the car more than anything. He brought up an interesting point when he said "Have you seen both sides of your car at the same time?". The car is in absolutely incredible shape and you could tell that he really loved this car. Great seller and all around fantastic person to work with.

You couldn't have found a better car and person to buy it from...the cover I had for sale was actually his old one from a previous Murci he owned. The only reason I was selling it was that it didn't fit my Diablo. Enjoy the car...

Thanks for all of the well wishes! I am still in disbelief that this is all possible. That is correct it is Phuc's old car from West Palm Beach. At first I wasn't sure about having the wheels two different colors but upon seeing it in person it's actually pretty damn cool in my opinion. For the time being I am going to leave it as it is until I decide otherwise. I'm more interested in just enjoying the car more than anything. He brought up an interesting point when he said "Have you seen both sides of your car at the same time?". The car is in absolutely incredible shape and you could tell that he really loved this car. Great seller and all around fantastic person to work with.

I was going to ask/say something about wheels as I thought they were bronze on the driver side and all the other pics looked black on the passenger side. I then just assumed it was flash or something in the pic of the driver side. I like that color - I'd keep it and either paint the other 2 or just keep it as is.

Enjoy the car!!!