IPB

X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold my H2 Need a replacement fast..., Escalade Platinum, etc???
Charlie
post Dec 13 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 10,287

Okay, I need help ASAP. I sold my H2 to a friend who has been bugging me for years to buy it from me. It has been a great vehicle and will miss it. I need to find a new vehicle but it is used for transportation to/from work and sometimes when going to potential customers homes (builders, homeowners, the city, schools, etc) for bids, etc.

I can not look to flashy. I have had comments with even my Hummer with potential customers saying akward remarks like - oh you must charge too much for your turf if you can afford to drive that...etc.

I have to go with American made since we push only "made in America" products. The G55 and Rover would be great but my clientele, even my multi-millionaire clients will probably frown upon that.

I am not a pick-up truck person. I need a four door SUV.

I went to the Cadillac dealer today and was going to look at the Escalade Luxury model when I saw the Platinum and fell in love.

Any input if you were a buyer with me pulling up in an Escalade?

Any input if you were me what you would purchase?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porsche7
post Dec 13 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,228

Can't go wrong with the new caddy, but like you said might get some frowns from some people.

Maybe go with a GMC Yukon Denali- has the same engine and all nearly all the gear of the caddy too.
+Quote Post
emanon
post Dec 13 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 22,556

Shame you're not a pickup guy. The 2500hd denali or king ranch F250 are awesome rides that don't wreak of excessive spending.

--------------------

QUOTE (Modo)
I bought my Lambo with section 8 rent. True story.
+Quote Post
nbaker0
post Dec 13 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,697

Escalade is the only domestic SUV I would want to own.. Still rather buy a Cayenne or ML AMG imo. I will say the Escalade's do look nice and drive decent.

Also don't think clients will frown upon pulling up in an Escalade even if you did cosmetic things. Rims, tint etc
+Quote Post
Charlie
post Dec 13 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #5

Yes, the GMC is a little less profile - agreed. I just can not do it when I can spend $10k more and have the Escalade. This is where I battle my practical side atating the Denali is the smart thing to do and not flashy...only problem is that side has never won.

The 2500 HD is sick as well but just no reason for me to have another pick up when I have them at my fingertips if I need one - our work trucks for the crews.

The Cayenne would be the perfect vehicle in my eyes with performance in my and not full size but just like Rover or Mercedes it is a no go.

So now the question may be regular Luxury Escalade or go Platinum for $18,665 more?
+Quote Post
nbaker0
post Dec 13 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,697

I personally would go for the Platinum with the features it includes. If it were me, I'd look a low mile titled one that has taken a $15-20k bath.
+Quote Post
Assman
post Dec 13 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #7

Lambro

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,288

Get an H1 alpha. Can't get more american than that!

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
soup
post Dec 14 2011, 04:32 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,938

Cadillac is probably the best option, but I've always been a fan of the Chevy Suburban (I even thought they share the same chassis with the escalade).

http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban-suv/
+Quote Post
TheFilipinoStig
post Dec 14 2011, 06:24 AM
Post #9

Resident Raptor Game Warden

Member No.: 6,125

I think the Escalade would be more flashy than a Range Rover OR G-wagon. Way too gaudy IMO and not enough luxury to really justify the premium. Tahoe/Suburban on the other hand screams "business only." That's the way I would go.

--------------------

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Hemingway
+Quote Post
Chipster
post Dec 14 2011, 06:30 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,902

Whatever escalade you go with id recommend having any special edition monikers like Platinum removed from the exterior so they at least think you're in a basic escalade

--------------------

05 Gallardo - 6 speed, Arancio Borealis, Tubi exhaust, SL wing, 560 bumper
15 Toyota Tundra Platinum -7" BDS, FUEL wheels and 37s, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP
67 Cadillac DeVille Coupe, custom, bagged, glass packs, white walls
66 Ford Mustang Coupe - Restomod PROJECT
13 Harley Road Glide Custom - 30" wheel, stretched bags, air ride - SOLD
07 Suzuki Hayabusa - 330mm rear, lowered, Eclipse wheels - SOLD
91 Diablo - 19/19" Work VS - SP Eng Intakes - Fabspeed - SOLD
+Quote Post
uzzirider
post Dec 14 2011, 06:32 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 59,242

QUOTE (TheUkranianStig @ Dec 14 2011, 07:24 AM) *
I think the Escalade would be more flashy than a Range Rover OR G-wagon. Way too gaudy IMO and not enough luxury to really justify the premium. Tahoe/Suburban on the other hand screams "business only." That's the way I would go.

This.
Do a Tahoe with a blower/cam/headers or some other sleeper mods that will keep you interested in the vehicle, but not put off your clients.
+Quote Post
Liquid
post Dec 14 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 21,099

Not sure how big of a SUV you need, but the new Jeep Cherokee is a huge upgrade from the previous models. They offer some fairly high level trim options, too. Much less flashy than an Escalade.

--------------------

"May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows" - Jay-Z, Forever Young
+Quote Post
Charlie
post Dec 14 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #13

Thank you so much for the feedback. The H1 Alpha is definitely not an option after putting miles on an H2 with 10mpg. Also, the nice Alpha's are going for $100k and I can see that as a fun truck for a third or fourth car but not a work truck...too much of a pita to park, etc.

The Tahoe/Yukon may be a smart option. Denali?

Chapstick - yes, if I buy the Escalade only emblem on the truck will be the grille and wheels....all side marker Escalade and rear Caddie logo is off the truck.
+Quote Post
Ag02M5
post Dec 14 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 21,322

Jeep SRT...not sure when they are going to be available though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Assman
post Dec 14 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #15

Lambro

Member No.: 12,288

I too think the Denali is the best bet for nice, American, low key.

Or you could get one of these, man trucks!

http://m.motortrend.com/auto_news/112_news...onal/index.html

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
kmr
post Dec 14 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE (Ag02M5 @ Dec 14 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Jeep SRT...not sure when they are going to be available though.

Just saw one out in SLC. Looked fantastic!!!
+Quote Post
Modo
post Dec 14 2011, 09:33 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 6,564

I had an Escalade, total piece of shit. Trans blew, rear diff blew and eventually the engine blew. I would buy a RR and make is as low key as possible.

--------------------

QUOTE (Assman @ Mar 13 2013, 08:57 AM) *
RB, it's great how you are so articulate in your interview. I'd be like, "I buy veneno because vroom vroom, booty."
+Quote Post
TheFilipinoStig
post Dec 14 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #18

Resident Raptor Game Warden

Member No.: 6,125

QUOTE (uzzirider @ Dec 14 2011, 10:32 AM) *
This.
Do a Tahoe with a blower/cam/headers or some other sleeper mods that will keep you interested in the vehicle, but not put off your clients.

iamwithstupid.gif

Killer sound system for when clients aren't in the car. No rims, nothing loud like exhaust. Just tint and keep it basic. This is true especially if doing government contracts. But then again, I don't know your clients. You could buy a Chevy and pickup a bunch of "Ford people." You have to gauge your clients. I don't necessarily understand the whole "doing American" thing - it's called comparative advantage... Some people do some things well, others not so much. If you want a great car - German. Great labor? Look to recent immigrants - haven't seen a stronger work ethic in any people than those who HAVE to work. Building materials? Whatever is local - shipping costs add to the overall "cost" of the building. Not to delve too far into your own work, but just some constructive advice.

QUOTE (MODO @ Dec 14 2011, 01:33 PM) *
I had an Escalade, total piece of shit. Trans blew, rear diff blew and eventually the engine blew. I would buy a RR and make is as low key as possible.

I don't find the Escalade's very nice, either. There's more rear legroom in my Golf - even with the seats moved all the way forward/back. For daily beater and "company car for 'mericans" you can't beat a Tahoe.

--------------------

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Hemingway
+Quote Post
Liquid
post Dec 14 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 21,099

The SRY Jeep Cherokee should be out soon. Just saw a review in one of the car mags and it was mostly positive.

--------------------

"May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows" - Jay-Z, Forever Young
+Quote Post
Juice it
post Dec 14 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 205

I looked at the platinum as well and to me its much nicer but it also takes an initial huge hit. They sticker close to 80k. The differences are the wheels, the heated cooled cup holders, the led headlights the cocoa interior with 3 tv's and the dash trim. You can get the hybrid platinum as well but only in the shorter wheelbase. The one thing that I couldn't really get an answer on was when the body change will happen. The current one came out in 2007 so it won't be long and that 80k will be 40 real quick if that happens. Get a 10k mile 2010 for low 60's and you won't suffer that huge hit.

--------------------

-Jeff
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 04:05 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag