IPB

X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold my H2 Need a replacement fast..., Escalade Platinum, etc???
thecyrax
post Dec 15 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #21

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 3,917

The SRT Jeeps are out. Seen a few of them around town already. Sick truck IMO.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kmr
post Dec 15 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #22

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 12,929

Yeah went online and built and SRT8 last night. Holy 60k! Think they priced theirself out of that market considering for ~ the same $ you could have a Range Rover Sport.
+Quote Post
ris629
post Dec 15 2011, 06:17 AM
Post #23

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 11,737

QUOTE (thecyrax @ Dec 15 2011, 05:51 AM) *
The SRT Jeeps are out. Seen a few of them around town already. Sick truck IMO.

iamwithstupid.gif
+Quote Post
Griza
post Dec 15 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,774

Why not get another H2 since you enjoyed so much?

--------------------

miamirealestatemoguls.com
South Florida Luxury Real Estate
+Quote Post
ts640
post Dec 15 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #25

Huge BS merchant

Group: Bullshitters
Member No.: 4,092

Get the Platinum Escalade...or...

Platinum F-150. I know you aren't a pick up guy, but test drive one. Trust me. Most comfortable vehicle out there besides the Phantom.

It fits in everywhere. Much more than an Escalade. Be it Newbury Street or a sheet metal house, it just works. And I love the Escalade. Just not a good business vehicle imho.

People know how expensive Escalades are. People don't know how much Platinum F-150s, or King Ranch F-450s are. Most subtle 55-77K vehicles out there.
+Quote Post
Assman
post Dec 15 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #26

Lambro

Member No.: 12,288

QUOTE (ts640 @ Dec 15 2011, 02:45 PM) *
People know how expensive Escalades are. People don't know how much Platinum F-150s, or King Ranch F-450s are. Most subtle 55-77K vehicles out there.

THey are SO nice inside, plus the optional internet is a plus.

--------------------

07 LP640 true manual transmission
+Quote Post
Charlie
post Dec 15 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 10,287

Yeah, this is the pricing so far...since I have purchased a GM car they give me an additional $3k incentive off. I am at $67k OTD on base model with upgraded Prem wheels (Nav, etc is standard). The Platinum is at $83k sticker and is priced in the mid $70's plus TTL. I have to purchase the car.

If you are looking at a lease they have $74k on Platinum, $2k total down $1,298 month total with tax included in monthly payment). The Base with premium wheels is $56k $1,909 down total, $980 a month.

The color on both cars and the only color I would want is Black Ice (like a metallic black or dark gray metallic). I do not want a solid black car.

+Quote Post
BLK85
post Dec 15 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #28

Smooth

Member No.: 7,086

QUOTE (ts640 @ Dec 15 2011, 04:45 PM) *

I tend to agree with you. People may not know exactly thought but they have a good idea for the most part. My cousin bought a new body style Escalade used, my grandma is going off the wall with how much he is blowing on a vehicle. She doesnt have any idea how much he paid since it was used. I have a good idea, but my grandma is way off, but she is the "normal" person.

I think if you were to get a Platinum F150 and de-badge it that would be your best bet to keep customers happy too. But you have acess to a pickup so idk how that would go. Platinum F150s are like a Mercedes SUV, you would love it I think. Get it fully loaded for about 60k and you would love it.

--------------------

Brian
+Quote Post
JayStyleRacing
post Dec 16 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (TheUkranianStig @ Dec 14 2011, 08:24 AM) *
I think the Escalade would be more flashy than a Range Rover OR G-wagon. Way too gaudy IMO and not enough luxury to really justify the premium. Tahoe/Suburban on the other hand screams "business only." That's the way I would go.

Agreed. The Escalade, to me, is ostentatious for business. I could understand for a real estate agent, maybe, but generally, too gaudy.

the Denali Yukon and Suburban are much more professional, and refined for an American SUV. Don't worry about spending money on the hybrid version...higher premium with no payoff.

--------------------

2013 Audi S5
2006 Trailblazer SS (murdered out)

+Quote Post
Charlie
post Dec 16 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #30

Okay, good info. Will take a look at a Tahoe and Denali. Have not been inside one. I can buy either of these as well and take all the manufacturer letters off outside the vehicle - partly to have a cleaner look.
+Quote Post
christiann
post Dec 16 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #31

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 6,121

Crew cab RAPTOR
+Quote Post
medici78
post Dec 17 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 14,518

QUOTE (christiann @ Dec 16 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Crew cab RAPTOR

x2
Border Patrol uses them, so you know they have govt approval.

Escalade is just as flashy as any European SUV, so if you want to avoid the "you're paid too much" image, stay away.
Tahoe and Yukon are also great trucks and you can accessorize the hell out of them to your taste.

--------------------

Gallardo UGR TT 1R-sold, but I'll be back in another Bull soon...
+Quote Post
BB6500
post Dec 19 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #33

Group: LP Member
Member No.: 14,310

2012 Ford Explorer Limited; ITS BRAND NEW. Don't get an Tahoe, or Cadillac the body is dated.
+Quote Post
TheFilipinoStig
post Dec 19 2011, 08:18 AM
Post #34

Resident Raptor Game Warden

Member No.: 6,125

Don't forget to consider your source.... You ARE asking a bunch of Lambo enthusiasts if an Escalade is too excessive! I amazed a true Marxist peer of mine this Summer. I made a wild statement about cars when he was talking about "worker inequality." Something along the lines of, "I wouldn't have any problem spending 300k+ on a car." And his head just spun. Some people think different! Some could not imagine spending that much on a piece of art - others think that's just getting started!

--------------------

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” - Hemingway
+Quote Post
vyce77
post Dec 19 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 21,082

QUOTE (BB6500 @ Dec 19 2011, 10:02 AM) *
2012 Ford Explorer Limited; ITS BRAND NEW. Don't get an Tahoe, or Cadillac the body is dated.

I have the 2011 as my work vehicle - I like it quite a bit
+Quote Post
XLR82XS
post Dec 19 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,996

QUOTE (MODO @ Dec 14 2011, 12:33 PM) *
I had an Escalade, total piece of shit. Trans blew, rear diff blew and eventually the engine blew. I would buy a RR and make is as low key as possible.

True that. Of the multiple owners I know they all had severe problems with their vehicles. No long-term reliabilty - built-in obsolescence.

--------------------

~Speed Industry~
dedicated to quality and innovation
+Quote Post
NuclearJACK
post Dec 19 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 237

So the hummer got comments that it was too flashy and a caddy is your next option?

--------------------

Disclaimer: I don't have a lambo :( Nor am I any where close to ever owning one.
+Quote Post
Fellippe
post Dec 19 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #38

PE

Member No.: 1,098

In no particular order:

Tahoe/Suburban
Jeep SRT
Ford Explorer

Agree with the Escalade comments on here, except I'm not so sure they have reliability problems as MODO INDUSTRIES unfortunately experienced.

+Quote Post
Charlie
post Dec 19 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #39

Nuclear Jack...yes, the H2 I had was pretty nice...had $40k in upgrades in it but still looked clean. I figured the Escalade would be more low profile with all the Caddy and Escalade logos off...would look like a Denali or Tahoe in a lot of people's eyes.

The Tahoe and the Escalade are an outdated look.

So confused on what to get. It is funny asking you members then asking my employees...they think the Ford Edge or the SS Camaro would be the BOMB...haahaa...that a difference in thinking!

The Camaro would be different but I would have to do a lot of work for a daily driver to make me think about it...like change the 3.23 to a 4.10 in the auto (do not want a stick as a daily driver). But now this has me thinking on now cars....
+Quote Post
Fellippe
post Dec 20 2011, 08:58 AM
Post #40

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (Charlie @ Dec 19 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Nuclear Jack...yes, the H2 I had was pretty nice...had $40k in upgrades in it but still looked clean. I figured the Escalade would be more low profile with all the Caddy and Escalade logos off...would look like a Denali or Tahoe in a lot of people's eyes.

The Tahoe and the Escalade are an outdated look.

So confused on what to get. It is funny asking you members then asking my employees...they think the Ford Edge or the SS Camaro would be the BOMB...haahaa...that a difference in thinking!

The Camaro would be different but I would have to do a lot of work for a daily driver to make me think about it...like change the 3.23 to a 4.10 in the auto (do not want a stick as a daily driver). But now this has me thinking on now cars....

If you cannot do American SUVs, then you have to do the 2 door muscle class. Camaro > Challenger & Mustang because not as flashy as Dodge and less common than Ford.

Ever consider Caddy CTS-V sedan/coupe or is that too flashy?

You could do the new 300 SRT-8, but not sure if that's what you want.

BTW, there's always the Pontiac G8. Discontinued but great Holden chassis, good power and potential for upgrades.

Then there's front drive cars that are still kinda cool......Taurus SHO, and that new *gasp* Buick is surprisingly nice too.

I think the only area American cars don't dominate in are the bread and butter economy/standard size cars. Everywhere else, lots of cool choices.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2017 - 03:20 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag