WGF Heavens Landing ... Headcount

svoshop

A few pictures from last May... If you are there, stop and say Hi!!

Gallardo%20WGF_zps2eiotwjl.jpg

Gallardo%20wgf%202_zpsip6ssvhk.jpg

Gallardo%20UGR%20Mine_zpsx8gxkvy2.jpg

Gallardo%20WGF%201_zpsnpakxu4v.jpg

wgf%20trophy_zpsojgvh3nb.jpg

Mike

This time when I say hi...I'll make sure you aren't in the car getting ready to make a pass. Hahahaha. You there both days?

This time when I say hi...I'll make sure you aren't in the car getting ready to make a pass. Hahahaha. You there both days?

Yes. I am one of the sponsors this year. With Shine auto salon

Mike

I guess my little stage 3 is gonna have to step it up!!

Hi Svo,

Building on from your excellent result last year, I look forward to seeing what your "little stage 3 with race heads" can do :)

Stay safe.

cheers,

john

I am going to drag your Duramax!

So you and your BF danni are going to get your two powerstrokes together and try to rape my dura max???

That's not right Hawks.

Just not right.

Somebody's black UGR pre-LP ran 213...

I will update more later...

But we had a great showing. UGR had the top speed of the event, and it was above the 213 pass ;)

I had a personal best of 194.97 out of my little stage 3

And I hope to have some video posted in the next couple of days. I also think the other drivers are making some clips too. UGR may have something coming too.

A great event, it was an absolute BLAST.

Mike

I will update more later...

But we had a great showing. UGR had the top speed of the event, and it was above the 213 pass ;)

I had a personal best of 194.97 out of my little stage 3

And I hope to have some video posted in the next couple of days. I also think the other drivers are making some clips too. UGR may have something coming too.

A great event, it was an absolute BLAST.

Mike

Hi Mike,

An excellent result from your "little stage 3" lol, especially as you were rowing the gears!! :)

cheers,

john

Hi Mike,

An excellent result from your "little stage 3" lol, especially as you were rowing the gears!! :)

cheers,

john

Against a very fast 2R. Moe rowed the gears like nobody's business. I was thrilled he passed me. I yell at him, lol. But I was so excited for him.

Mike

Mike,

A couple of take aways:

1. A 2R is a really fast car ... As expected ...

2. Looks like your little Stage 3 held off the 2R, thru the top of 5th gear ... Not expected ...

Congrats, great to see you enjoying the car ... In a safe environment ...

By the way, do you have the dash cam video, from your race with the 918 ...

Also, I gotta ask, did you run him down before he got to the finish line ...

Mike,

A couple of take aways:

1. A 2R is a really fast car ... As expected ...

2. Looks like your little Stage 3 held off the 2R, thru the top of 5th gear ... Not expected ...

Congrats, great to see you enjoying the car ... In a safe environment ...

By the way, do you have the dash cam video, from your race with the 918 ...

Also, I gotta ask, did you run him down before he got to the finish line ...

I only had one go-pro and I was quite lazy with it... Haha.

The 918 left so hard and so fast on launch control that I really had my work cut out. I managed to just pass him at the line, as I have found video on youtube and instagram. He trapped 171 and I did 192 or 193 that pass.

Moe's 2R was awesome. I was leaving the line really strong, and he was more passive. I had him for about 2/3 the track. However, this is about trap speed, and not who gets to the finish first ( either way, I would lose hahaha )

He was running 210+ all day, and My best pass was 194.97 ( lets just say 195 )

I am very happy with my car, and love the way this event turned out.

However, my quest for the 200 mark I do not think will be reached on this power level. I am not sure of my next move in this chess match.

Mike

He is smooth with getting that car off the line. Very fast 1/2 speed for a stage 3.

After watching Mike row the gears, I thought who needs an e-gear with quick shift! lol.

I sense a 2R in Mike's future to enable the magic 200 mph to be achieved:)

I only have to hit in in 1000 metres (800 yards):)

cheers,

john

• 1 year later...
After watching Mike row the gears, I thought who needs an e-gear with quick shift! lol.

I sense a 2R in Mike's future to enable the magic 200 mph to be achieved:)

I only have to hit in in 1000 metres (1,090 yards):)

cheers,

john

Hi Mike and Leo and Sunir and forum members,

Well I have just found out what speed I can hit in an extra 290 yards over the 800 yards standing start!

I can report as the other 'old guy with the lambo' that in 1000 metres running on MS109,my UR stage3 with race heads- 1275rwhp hit 203.3 mph in 1,090 yards :eusa_dance:

I couldn't go any faster as was on the oem factory rev limiter at 8,410 rpm in oem 6th gear a 100 metres before the finish line:(.

If I could increase that oem 6th gear rev limit to the oem 3rd gear rev limit of 8,650 rpm, then 336kph (209 mph) might be achievable over the 1000 metres, perhaps.

This 203 mph speed was achieved at the Snowy Mountains 1000 event run on the Cooma Airport 2,100 metre (1.3 miles) runway on 26 November 2016. That braking section of 1000 yards was quite comforting given the barriers at the end of the runway- eek!

I ran 3rd highest speed outright, 1st fastest and highest speed in 10 cylinder class and unofficially highest speed for street legal car and driven to the event- a distance of 3,500kms ( 2,170 miles) :eek3dance:

Fastest outright cars were first, an 8 second qtr mile stripped out gtr35 with 1400rwhp- 208mph, second a 9 second quarter mile Monaro/Pontiac GTO big block twin turbo-1500rwhp- 205 mph.

I was quite impressed with the performance of my little ole street car as allowed me to exceed the 200mph mark.

The big hitters as we were called by the event announcer,were all trailered to the event except me :icon_thumleft:

The event was great fun and all the competitors were great acting in the spirit of the event. Have fun and give the spectators a great show on the runway and in the pit area.

After my first session, the highest speed for the first session, a bystander asked where my support crew was. I replied you are looking at it!

The presence of the only UR lambo in Australia at the event aroused much interest.

This can be seen in the full event highlights youtube video starting at 3:38.

The e-gear shifts were very quick, indeed, I thought.

The event organisers also put up a video on their facebook page on the lambo with interview and in car footage.

see December 15 face book post video and comments.

https://www.facebook.com/SnowyMountains1000/

I have become a legend in my own mind or is that lunchtime:)

The car ran faultlessly on the way to the event, at the event and on the continuing drive canyon carving through the snowy mountains roads to Melbourne, then around Tasmania with the Lamborghini Club of Australia tour on the Targa canyon carving road sections and then back to Melbourne and then back home to Perth.

I covered 11,300 kms (7,020 miles) in 30 days, and destroyed two sets of R888 rear tyres before switched to road tyres.

I give you the big tip, R888 tyres are not long wearing daily driver tyres, as both rear sets only lasted 3,100kms (2,000 miles) each, but that's another story!

The performance of the lambo and also very importantly its reliability was a tribute to the engineering and set up of the engine, clutch and TT's by Kevin,KC and the team.

No problems with the UR clutch setup. Different story with the Spec clutch previously on last attempt to travel to the event a couple of years back.

I love this UR car!

I can truly say, don't be afraid to drive your UR lambo as a daily driver/tourer.

just my two cents worth,

cheers,

john

Hi Mike and Leo and Sunir and forum members,

Well I have just found out what speed I can hit in an extra 290 yards over the 800 yards standing start!

I can report as the other 'old guy with the lambo' that in 1000 metres running on MS109,my UR stage3 with race heads- 1275rwhp hit 203.3 mph in 1,090 yards :eusa_dance:

I couldn't go any faster as was on the oem factory rev limiter at 8,410 rpm in oem 6th gear a 100 metres before the finish line:(.

If I could increase that oem 6th gear rev limit to the oem 3rd gear rev limit of 8,650 rpm, then 336kph (209 mph) might be achievable over the 1000 metres, perhaps.

This 203 mph speed was achieved at the Snowy Mountains 1000 event run on the Cooma Airport 2,100 metre (1.3 miles) runway on 26 November 2016. That braking section of 1000 yards was quite comforting given the barriers at the end of the runway- eek!

I ran 3rd highest speed outright, 1st fastest and highest speed in 10 cylinder class and unofficially highest speed for street legal car and driven to the event- a distance of 3,500kms ( 2,170 miles) :eek3dance:

Fastest outright cars were first, an 8 second qtr mile stripped out gtr35 with 1400rwhp- 208mph, second a 9 second quarter mile Monaro/Pontiac GTO big block twin turbo-1500rwhp- 205 mph.

I was quite impressed with the performance of my little ole street car as allowed me to exceed the 200mph mark.

The big hitters as we were called by the event announcer,were all trailered to the event except me :icon_thumleft:

The event was great fun and all the competitors were great acting in the spirit of the event. Have fun and give the spectators a great show on the runway and in the pit area.

After my first session, the highest speed for the first session, a bystander asked where my support crew was. I replied you are looking at it!

The presence of the only UR lambo in Australia at the event aroused much interest.

This can be seen in the full event highlights youtube video starting at 3:38.

The e-gear shifts were very quick, indeed, I thought.

The event organisers also put up a video on their facebook page on the lambo with interview and in car footage.

see December 15 face book post video and comments.

https://www.facebook.com/SnowyMountains1000/

I have become a legend in my own mind or is that lunchtime:)

The car ran faultlessly on the way to the event, at the event and on the continuing drive canyon carving through the snowy mountains roads to Melbourne, then around Tasmania with the Lamborghini Club of Australia tour on the Targa canyon carving road sections and then back to Melbourne and then back home to Perth.

I covered 11,300 kms (7,020 miles) in 30 days, and destroyed two sets of R888 rear tyres before switched to road tyres.

I give you the big tip, R888 tyres are not long wearing daily driver tyres, as both rear sets only lasted 3,100kms (2,000 miles) each, but that's another story!

The performance of the lambo and also very importantly its reliability was a tribute to the engineering and set up of the engine, clutch and TT's by Kevin,KC and the team.

No problems with the UR clutch setup. Different story with the Spec clutch previously on last attempt to travel to the event a couple of years back.

I love this UR car!

I can truly say, don't be afraid to drive your UR lambo as a daily driver/tourer.

just my two cents worth,

cheers,

john

this deserves its own thread. congrats, John. awesome that you enjoy the car as much on the street as you do at events!!! and, of course, kudos to UGR for building such bulletproof machines. im sure all the hassles of shipping the car halfway around the globe were all worth it.