Univ. of Chicago to have Co-Ed dorms....

Smash Boy

I didn't go away to college....how common is this?

I could only imagine the bliss (or hell) of having a hot female roommate.... depending on whether you got her or not. :icon_mrgreen:

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/07/10/are-c...-a-good-idea%2F

When classes begin at the University of Chicago next semester, the school will take a giant step forward in shedding its ultra-conservative image. For the first time in its 117-year history, the private university will begin allowing undergraduate boys and girls to live together in co-ed dorm rooms.

In the past, the school had a few co-ed floors and bathrooms, but members of the opposite sex were prohibited from rooming together. But when advocates for trans-gender students requested gender-neutral housing in order to accommodate those who feel uncomfortable rooming with members of the same sex, the school began debating their long-standing policy of keeping the boys and girls separate.

After a successful pilot program last semester, the new policy was given the go-ahead and will apply to everyone except freshmen, who will still be assigned same-sex roommates.

"People can really seek out the living arrangements that make them feel the most comfortable,'' says former student government president Matthew Kennedy.

So far, 50 students have signed up to take advantage of the new policy, including 19-year-old Lauren Danzig. She has a boyfriend on campus, but has chosen to bunk with a different boy -- her best friend Charlie Barlow. "I tend to get along better with guys,'' she says.

Clearly the new policy wasn't designed specifically to make it easy for romantic partners to shack up, but it also doesn't prohibit them from doing so. Danzig chose not to live with her boyfriend, but would your child?

I went to a college that had co-ed floors, but not co-ed rooms.

As 'fun' as it sounds, college is about experiencing all different girls; Not the same twat every day that moans about you leaving your underwear on the floor. That is what marriage is for.

I don't see it being too popular.

"including 19-year-old Lauren Danzig. She has a boyfriend on campus, but has chosen to bunk with a different boy -- her best friend Charlie Barlow. "I tend to get along better with guys,'' she says."

this should end well.....

"including 19-year-old Lauren Danzig. She has a boyfriend on campus, but has chosen to bunk with a different boy -- her best friend Charlie Barlow. "I tend to get along better with guys,'' she says."

:iamwithstupid:

Haha, I noticed that too....

I went to a college that had co-ed floors, but not co-ed rooms.

As 'fun' as it sounds, college is about experiencing all different girls; Not the same twat every day that moans about you leaving your underwear on the floor. That is what marriage is for.

I don't see it being too popular.

:iamwithstupid:

This is a terrible idea.

Yep. The only person that will benefit from this new policy is ol' Charlie Barlow. Because when Lauren is pissed off at her boyfriend; Charlie is getting a blow-job. :bj:

Yep. The only person that will benefit from this new policy is ol' Charlie Barlow. Because when Lauren is pissed off at her boyfriend; Charlie is getting a blow-job. :bj:

This made me LOL.

19-year-old Lauren Danzig. She has a boyfriend on campus, but has chosen to bunk with a different boy -- her best friend Charlie Barlow. "I tend to get along better with guys,'' she says.

I love when naive girls makes this comment...Drives me crazy. Are you that dumb that you cant realize WHY you get along better with guys!? Probably because the guys are just trying to get in your pants when the other girls arent. But no, she just thinks she is a down to earth "cool chick." I like hanging with girls, but when it comes to hanging out and chilling, I'd rather hang with my boys any day of the week. Girls are fun to have around for completely different reasons.

I wonder how long this lasts when they ahve to start moving people around to different dorms because of break ups and shit like that?

Sounds like a complete pain in the ass. It was bad enough having two dumbass college chicks living in the dorm room next to mine.... I couldnt imagine putting up with them in the same fcuking room.....

Oh... And legal prediction- Claims of "Sexual harassment" are going to go through the roof....

Not to mention actual assaults...

Hell... I remember dangling my college roommate off a third story balcony one night because I was drunk and the little fuckstick said something to set me off..... If he were a chick, I probably wouldnt have grabbed him, but I still would have wanted to.....

Sounds like a complete pain in the ass. It was bad enough having two dumbass college chicks living in the dorm room next to mine.... I couldnt imagine putting up with them in the same fcuking room.....

Oh... And legal prediction- Claims of "Sexual harassment" are going to go through the roof....

Not to mention actual assaults...

Hell... I remember dangling my college roommate off a third story balcony one night because I was drunk and the little fuckstick said something to set me off..... If he were a chick, I probably wouldnt have grabbed him, but I still would have wanted to.....

Absolutely...especially with how immature and caddy college chicks can be.....