JDM Legends: New TV Show on Velocity

NRG x Lambo

hey guys,

haven't gotten around to posting all the final photos of the Z since the restoration has been completed. you can find me on INSTAGRAM @danielksong and also search the hashtag #FAIREZT to see photos of the completed Z project. what's MORE exciting is that most of the Z restoration process was capture on film for a new TV series coming to Velocity Channel. the show is called "JDM LEGENDS" and is set to premier on April 17th. producers haven't confirmed, but there's a big chance the Z project will be EPISODE 1! if not, it'll for sure be one of the first 3 in the season.

anyways, if you're on Velocity, hope you check it out! i posted a LINK below to the show teaser trailer... for some reason Velocity hasn't posted them on YOUTUBE, only on facebook:

VIDEO TRAILER: www.facebook.com/Velocity/videos/1870781912956749

Screen_Shot_2018_04_03_at_8.27.02_PM.png

Ok, first off, NRG x Lambo, don't take it the wrong way as you obviously invested plenty of time & $ into your Z and the results are great.

I am, for the longest time, perplexed if not outright confused by North America's definition of "JDM cars". As the acronym suggests, JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. That means cars that fall under this definition were originally designed and destined for sale in Japan only; meaning they should be RHD. It seems, however, that Japanese models that were sold in the North America (e.g. the Z, the SX, Celica, Supra, Prelude, RX-7 etc...) are also sometimes referred as JDM's despite them being LHD. So what is the proper definition here, i.e. where does it draw the line? I do know that aside from the model designation being different, JDM cars are "voluntarily de-tuned" by the manufacturers to comply with the Japanese regulations (which is a mere window dressing) and some of them do have higher tech than their North American equivalent due to more lenient regs in the domestic market. E.g. The Nissan 300ZX in Japan was a much higher-tech car than the North American model. There was even a JDM 300ZX-R version that featured a ceramic turbo charger, a very "high-tech" thing for a Japanese sports car at that time.