Aviation thread

capt_chaos

As we have a couple of pilots on here and after the damn thread I thought we could have an aviation thread where they can post pics and vids along with updates and stories.

I don't know why but I could watch vids like this all day!

Or these

And although there are much superior airplanes out there I do love the noise of the Typhoon. They have quite a high pitch for a jet engine and then there is this thunderous bass.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my Helicopter platoon and company at gunnery.

I am the LT on the mini-gun... first pass ever at 4000 rounds a minute!

Then doing a fair amount of the flying later. The yellow stripe is for A/C that fly the DMZ between the North and South. Means we do not have guns on baord as per UN regulations.

can anybody share how to embed properly?

Good vids

Here is how to embed videos.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51967

If you think that is impressive then you will love the actual factual element of the Battle of Britain.

It was period that some say romanticised the facts but it was a phenomenal period for Gigantic Gentlemen Gonad size, check out this day by day plane and pilot kill rate of the British versus the Germans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11029903

And this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11951642

THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN

Average age of RAF pilots was 20

Two huge bombing raids on London on 15 September 1940, known as Battle of Britain Day

It marked a heavy defeat for the Luftwaffe, which lost 61 planes to the RAF's 31

A week earlier, the Germans had switched tactics from targeting RAF bases to focusing on London

This gave Fighter Command some breathing space to prepare to defend the nation

a few from my the FBO I was part of the creation and then managed all the operational aspect

I have plenty more if interested

post-1129-1330265553_thumb.jpg

post-1129-1330265641_thumb.jpg

post-1129-1330265694_thumb.jpg

post-1129-1330265733_thumb.jpg

I love aviation, used to want to be a pilot. Still would be awesome! I saw so much cool shit at Oshkosh air show the four years I was there back in 99-2003. I also have a few from my various Huey rides over Devils Lake, ND in about 2002. Also rode a Blackhawk around the Black Hills of SD, have a picture of Mount Rushmore from the air pretty sweet. All 35mm though, will have to find them and scan some.

I only fly the stuff where the wings go faster than the fuselage....

Did loads of flying in LA, used to rent a sweet R44 from LA Helicopters, then did a bit of hour building in KLOS95.5's 206BIII traffic chopper. Used to get to Van Nuys for 5:45 to be up in the air for 06:00, fly for three hours then back to Tustin for a days work...All just for fun, it's not my job. Now fly around in a (rented) R44 or EC120 in the UK....

DSC00967.JPGDSC00223.JPG

DSC00181x.jpgDSC00228.JPG

If it flys, floats or fffffcks.... Rent don't buy. Don't tell my wife I said that, and don't let her know the rotors running hourly rate of an EC120. :-)

P1000251.JPG

I was at Lake Como 2 years ago, I'll never forget the sight of 4 Italian fighters swooping down from the mountains over the lake at about 100', so low they churned up water in the lake.

My contribution to this impressive thread: :icon_mrgreen:

Long Island Couple Wants Answers After Being Covered By Lavatory Leak From Overhead Plane

MALVERNE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork, 2-26-2012) — One Malverne couple was enjoying the mild night Thursday when they

became covered by sludge as a plane taking off from Kennedy Airport flew overhead.

“A plane was coming over. Next thing you know she says ‘Oh my God it’s raining.’ I said ‘No it’s not’,” Artie

Hughes told 1010 WINS’ Sonia Rincon.

“Some black liquid, black oil came off on her face, and I walked around and I looked and said ‘Oh my God.’

There was quarter-sized, nickel-sized, dime-sized drops all over my deck, my barbecue, my table,” he said.

Thinking something was wrong with the plane, they called police.

“It was oily in substance, blackish-greenish oil. I thought it was hydraulic fluid and then the policeman

came down and said ‘No I don’t think so. Looks like something nastier than that’,” Hughes said.

The officer suspected it was most likely treated sewage, returning after making several phone calls for confirmation.

“He had spoken to somebody down at either the Port Authority or the FAA and said ‘Yeah, it

looks like there was an incident,” he said. “Some lavatory excrement had leaked out.”

The couple tell Rincon they just want an explanation, and for this kind of incident to not happen again.

“I think they should investigate and find out what happened,” Hughes said. “Was a button pushed? Was the

lavatory filled to capacity before it left the ground?” he wondered.

:lol2:

I was at Lake Como 2 years ago, I'll never forget the sight of 4 Italian fighters swooping down from the mountains over the lake at about 100', so low they churned up water in the lake.

Something like this?

Great thread!!

• 3 weeks later...
What kind of rinky dink pos were they flying?

its a home built kit plane so in general yes a pos. there are some very nice kit planes but on the whole they really lack much fit and finish or quality control.

Favorite cargo plane. Cant haul as much as the C5 but its pretty technologically advanced.

And they stop on a dime

!