Lily Camera

megachad

Watch video and order one here. Pretty cool new toy.

http://www.lily.camera/?ct-referral-code=T76IeUtK

I think there was a thread on this before as I ordered one a month ago because of it.

The initial introduction was for $499 if order before June 15.

After that the unit was to increase accordingly until they were in production and readily available, which is in February 2016.

I think there was a thread on this before as I ordered one a month ago because of it.

The initial introduction was for $499 if order before June 15.

After that the unit was to increase accordingly until they were in production and readily available, which is in February 2016.

Man, i didn't see it. Mods you can delete this if you need to.

I ordered mine the second I saw it as well. It is going to be pretty fun for not only me, but my kids will have a blast!

That looks really cool! I like the concept and how it operates in the video demo.

Those of you who already own camera drones, would this be considered a casual users camera drone, as opposed to a professional camera drone... or is it comparable enough since it tracks you? I view the DJI Phantom 2 and 3 as professional use camera drones. Their price points are from $900-$1000, the pre-order on the Lily is $599 which seems like a good deal (final price will be $1000), drawback is it ships May 2016 so you have to wait a bit from now.

Man, i didn't see it. Mods you can delete this if you need to.

I ordered mine the second I saw it as well. It is going to be pretty fun for not only me, but my kids will have a blast!

I might be mistaken as I cannot find another thread on this anywhere here.

I know I stumbled upon it somewhere a couple months ago and ordered it on the last day for the $499.00

I always wanted one but did not wish to play with the remote control, so when I saw this I had to give it a try as it follows you.

No proximity detection...great for using only in an open field or you'll have it running into everything.

20 minute battery life with no exchangeable battery?

no thanks

Proximity/obstacle detection absolutely kills it for me. There are few other formidable choices.

I suspect 5 years from now you won't be able to take a piss in the middle of the road without these watching and analyzing your pecker's stream flow vs the winds.

The Lily is a great concept but still a year or two away from being what you want it to be. The video makes it seem great but real life testing has proven it's not quite there yet. Also, didn't realize the battery is internal which is another flaw.

So far DJI is still the best with 3DR almost there after they make a few tweaks.

Toss Lilly in some unsuspecting chick's bag. Throw drone in the air. Watch said chick freak out as it follows her.

• 1 year later...

Bummer... it was cool tech but goes to show you have quickly this segment is growing. Seriously. I have had virtually all the recent consumer drones now (my latest is the Mavic Pro) and toe be honestly the Moore's Law variant concept is more like turnover of tech every 6 months in this segment. These things are insane--and trust me, traditional delivery services are soon to be challenged. There is a short leap from the consumer drone market to commercial market. This is disruptive tech (masked as consumer tech now) but UPS, FedEx look out. Amazon has already started in UK.