La La Land

Fortis

I am not sure what's wrong with people who reviewed this movie, I feel like they all wanted to scam me :lol2:

I am definitely not seeing what they are seeing.

Just Googled it, a romance musical :D Yeah that's every guy's favorite type of movie. I hate musicals period.

Doesn't matter how much you love your wife just don't watch it, you are welcome!

Thankfully, even though my wife loves Ryan Gosling, she has zero desire to see a musical with him.

Just Googled it, a romance musical :D Yeah that's every guy's favorite type of movie. I hate musicals period.

I had lunch with my wife and we saw the poster, rave reviews, 5 stars etc. my wife says I really want to see that, I told her that looks like a musical, romance, etc. You know I'd take water boarding over a musical, she said I don't think it is, she said it's ok I can go by myself.

Yesterday sitting comfortably on the couch watching TV an ad comes up for the damn thing, nominated for 7 academy awards, blah, blah, blah, I was thinking ok let me do something nice for my wife, I said get ready we going to the movies LOL

She was so excited, when they started singing in the opening scene I was like WTF??? Is this a musical ??? I nearly chocked on my popcorn LOL

I had lunch with my wife and we saw the poster, rave reviews, 5 stars etc. my wife says I really want to see that, I told her that looks like a musical, romance, etc. You know I'd take water boarding over a musical, she said I don't think it is, she said it's ok I can go by myself.

Yesterday sitting comfortably on the couch watching TV an ad comes up for the damn thing, nominated for 7 academy awards, blah, blah, blah, I was thinking ok let me do something nice for my wife, I said get ready we going to the movies LOL

She was so excited, when they started singing in the opening scene I was like WTF??? Is this a musical ??? I nearly chocked on my popcorn LOL

Speaking of the wife, did she like it even though it was a musical?

Speaking of the wife, did she like it even though it was a musical?

She didn't really like it but Ryan Gosling helped LOL.

Thanks for the warning, Fortis! I gotta say I'm thankful that my wife doesn't want to see it. I just saw a 20 second preview on Facebook and all bias aside, it doesn't even feel like it has the fluid motion or feeling of something like "Singin' in the rain" or some musical like that. All the choreography looked like they were forced to do it and they were not enjoying it.

I really like Ryan Gosling and his acting-especially in the movie, "Drive." I ran into him one time on Coronado and he seemed like a really cool guy, but this doesn't at all seem like something he's good in-Emma Stone, either.

I had zero interest but how the hell did they win 7 Golden Globes last night ? lol

Honestly I have no idea what people are seeing in this movie, perhaps everyone is sick of superhero movies and failed remakes of successful movies, who knows?

I watched Whiplash the other night and I thought it was fantastic.

You know I'd take water boarding over a musical.

Would you watch musical about water boarding rather than La La Land again?

I had zero interest but how the hell did they win 7 Golden Globes last night ? lol

Because everyone tries to come off as better than they truly are, so they fake that they like this stuff... and so artycrap lives on.

Movies like that are basically Hollywood masturbating itself to a reminder of what it used to be. It's marketing to get people to see obscure movies. I can't stand musicals, but the old powers at be in hollywood love them so that's what they tell everyone they need to like. Golden Globes, Oscars, they're all pretty much meaningless...just marketing tools to get people spend $$$.

hollywood goes bollywood

go home and watch "green room", it is about a small time band trying to make it when they play for some dis-enfranchised youths in the oregon woods. patrick stewart at his finest.

I haven't watched this and have zero intention to do so unless I get really bored on the plane and all the other movies are equally uninteresting.

Somehow, this totally reminds me of "Chicago" back in 2002: musical genre, A-listed casts, accolades & awards; but I don't find anything interesting or entertaining at all about it that caused all the rave. The similarities are eerie.

Would you watch musical about water boarding rather than La La Land again?

Because everyone tries to come off as better than they truly are, so they fake that they like this stuff... and so artycrap lives on.

I will NEVER watch a musical again!