3D your Windows desktop!

FerociousGTO

A client mention to me about this software called "BumpTop"... Incredible, puts all the crap on your desktop in a 3D gui organized just like a real desk (papers and crap all over the place but organized in your mind).

http://bumptop.com/

BumpTop™ is a fun, intuitive 3D desktop that keeps you organized and makes you more productive. Like a real desk, but better.

Well I just played around with it for about 15 minutes. Maybe its just my computer but it was a bit slow. Everything was like 1 second behind sorta thing. If you use vista the gadgets on the right get in the way of the "wall" so you have to double click the "desk" portion to get the gadget area to dissapear while you access the stuff on the wall. At this point I can't see how it makes the computer more user friendly. But time will tell.

Yeah I used it for 20 minutes and uninstalled it, I cannot get used to the Fake desktop feel, I had no performance issues

bottom line: nice try, but no thank you

Eh. Easier to navigate much faster on a normal desktop. Not the first 3d desktop i've seen, there have been several of these over years which didn't quite catch on. The organization aspect is nice, for organizing. But accessing stuff, hotkeys, macros, scripts, and doing things the traditional way is actually much faster. But it's a cool concept. Interesting to see them progress from what they used to be.