Turbocharging Jalpa 12071

inventor

Hi everyone,. I am new to this forum but had my Jalpa since 2011. I am in the process of trying to build the worlds fastest Jalpa. My goal is to hit 200 mph in the Texas mile. Reading Kerplops post really motivated me to get with it and do this. Kudos to him. I plan on posting lots of pics of the process and maybe create a roadmap for anyone wishing to do the same. My motor has been completely rebuilt with ARP head studs and rod bolts. The heads had larger valves made by manley and the heads were extensively ported. They flow about 25% more than stock. I built stainless headers out of schedule 10 weld els and had the rods worked and bronze bushings installed. I bought a Garrett 3582 reverse rotation turbo rated from 450 to 850 Hp. I am planning to make 600 HP on pump gas and well above that with race gas. I am currently fabricating the intakes and exhaust routing to the turbo. Pictures to be posted later . I hope everyone enjoys. Lee

Talk to Chadbourne Bolles. He'll know waaaay more than you can imagine. I've talked to him about certain projects and he's currently working on a "super Countach QV" block that he's hoping will put out more than 650 HP.

Theres a Jalpa in Australia I believe that can hit 200mph. But its not powered by its original motor.

yes

i think a POS engine

THanks . I think a lambo must have an original motor albeit modified to be a lambo.Every time I try to upload pics from my I phone download files it wont let me. I can upload older pics but not these. Any ideas?

DSC02319.JPG

DSC02319.JPG

yes

i think a POS engine

What have we here…you must be a long lost survivor of the Battle of Caporetto ! The LS1 motor that Nick put in his Jalpa chassis in Australia was able to turn 13 second quarter miles at well over 160 kmh. A standard Jalpa will turn a time of 16 seconds and 130 kmh !

I have met Mr. Stanzani on an engine development program (non-Lambo) and while he was a competent engineer he would never have compared his handiwork to the Chevrolet motors !

My associates and I have built the most powerful and reliable Lambo V-8s on the planet…and you …how many have you built or know even the basic rudiments of ?

Paul

What have we here…you must be a long lost survivor of the Battle of Caporetto ! The LS1 motor that Nick put in his Jalpa chassis in Australia was able to turn 13 second quarter miles at well over 160 kmh. A standard Jalpa will turn a time of 16 seconds and 130 kmh !

I have met Mr. Stanzani on an engine development program (non-Lambo) and while he was a competent engineer he would never have compared his handiwork to the Chevrolet motors !

My associates and I have built the most powerful and reliable Lambo V-8s on the planet…and you …how many have you built or know even the basic rudiments of ?

Paul

Take it easy the forum automatically changes Ve*tte to POS :lol2:

He wasn't attacking you!

I find that feature on this site amusing. Usually it just creates a few giggles at the expense of 'Ve*tte owners, but I see how it could upset the unaware.

Shooter was a meme.

I find that feature on this site amusing. Usually it just creates a few giggles at the expense of 'Ve*tte owners, but I see how it could upset the unaware.

Why is Sant #### blocked out?

(S A N T A G A T A)

What all did you do to the rods? I ended up having extra holes put in for lubrication since they suffer an awful lot with no oil splash holes.

We did everything the machinist could. Deburred. Shot peened ,machined for bronze bushings, arp rod bolts, resizing and checking for round journals, balancing, magnafluxing.and new bearings, He builds a lot of really high HP racing engines and thought the rods were pretty good. I was going to drop 2K on a set of rods but he said these looked like they could withstand some pretty severe duty. We shall see. At least you can weld aluminum if I put one through the block. Lee

This quite excites me. I'm interested to see what you'll be able to do with it. Any plans on doing anything with the transmission?

• 5 months later...
Why is Sant #### blocked out?

(S A N T A G A T A)

Yes, most mysterious question on LP.

Have you ever been to M**a*e*lo or M**e*a?

• 11 months later...