Beware of Motorcars International of Springfield!

Boner

I posted about my experience with them last summer. I never told anyone how it turned out. So, I thought I would post what ended up happening. I bought a Diablo VT from them last year. I was going to make a big property investment, so I decided to sell it to get some cash. I figured I could buy another soon after. Well, I had it sold. The buyer did a carfax on it, and wondered why it had an accident history. Unfortunatly, this was a complete suprise to me. I had no clue. Motorcars International did not inform me of this. In fact, they told me of a story about a ferrari when I was buying the lambo. The ferrari had been damaged in the past, and because of it, they declined the acceptance of the car. The car had already been sold by them to another person. So, I remember my salesman was upset because he had to return a car that he had already sold, and therefore was loosing the money that he already made on the car. He told me that if I put my deposit down on my lambo (which I planned on doing anyway), that it would keep him from being in the negative on his commission. This was not a problem. I did a purchase there before. I trusted them. The car had been inspected in California, and they assured me that they would return a car if it had a damage history. So, I was shocked when I found out after the fact that the car had an accident history. I ended up posting mt experience here. Motorcars International saw the post and confronted me about it. They wondered why I did not approach them before I posted here. It made me wonder why they did not tell me I had a wrecked car before I bought it. Anyway, I wanted to get rid of the car really fast after I found all of this out. My salesman assured me he was a man of his words. He said he would never lie and that he was a "man of faith". They told be that they never did a Carfax on it, but did an AutoCheck report. They said there was nothing wrong with the history on this, so they naturally assumed that everything was ok (this and the 2 inspections thay did on it). So, they wanted to know if they could help me out with anything. I figured I would ask them about a trade in just to see what would happen. I figured they would give me an at least fair deal, because they failed to disclose the problems to me. So, they were working on a trade in value for the car and I decided to run an AutoCheck report to see what it said. Guess what? The accident report was on it too! So, here they are acting like they are genuine people "of faith" and they are covering lies with more lies. To top it off, the trade in value they offered on the lambo was $25,000 less than what I bought it for 4 months and a couple thousand miles earlier. I know there are some good things that come out of MCI. My first car I bought there was great. Moral of the story.....never trust anyone...no matter who they are.....especially if it is MotorCars International. Do your own detailed investigation into any car you buy!

I deal wit them alot with no troubles. But I've not bought a car from them.I feel they are fair with me on the parts I have bought in the past.

I posted about my experience with them last summer. I never told anyone how it turned out. So, I thought I would post what ended up happening. I bought a Diablo VT from them last year. I was going to make a big property investment, so I decided to sell it to get some cash. I figured I could buy another soon after. Well, I had it sold. The buyer did a carfax on it, and wondered why it had an accident history. Unfortunatly, this was a complete suprise to me. I had no clue. Motorcars International did not inform me of this. In fact, they told me of a story about a ferrari when I was buying the lambo. The ferrari had been damaged  in the past, and because of it, they declined the acceptance of the car. The car had already been sold by them to another person. So, I remember my salesman was upset because he had to return a car that he had already sold, and therefore  was loosing the money that he already made on the car.  He told me that if I put my deposit down on my lambo (which I planned on doing anyway), that it would keep him from being in the negative on his commission. This was  not a problem. I did a purchase there before. I trusted them. The car had been inspected in California, and they assured me that they would return a car if it had a damage history. So, I was shocked when I found out after the fact that the car had an accident history. I ended up posting mt experience here. Motorcars International saw the post and confronted me about it. They wondered why I did not approach them before I posted here. It made me wonder why they did not tell me I had a wrecked car before I bought it. Anyway, I wanted to get rid of the car really fast after I found all of this out. My salesman assured me he was a man of his words. He said he would never lie and that he was a "man of faith". They told be that they never did a Carfax on it, but did an AutoCheck report. They said there was nothing wrong with the history on this, so they naturally assumed that everything was ok (this and the 2 inspections thay did on it). So, they wanted to  know if they could help me out with anything. I figured I would ask them about a trade in just to see what would happen. I figured they would give me an at least fair deal, because they failed to disclose the problems to me. So, they were working on a trade in value for the car and I decided to run an AutoCheck report to see what it said. Guess what? The accident report was on it too! So, here they are acting like they are genuine people "of faith" and they are covering lies with more lies. To top it off, the trade in value they offered on the lambo was $25,000 less than what I bought it for 4 months and a couple thousand miles earlier. I know there are some good things that come out of MCI. My first car I bought there was great. Moral of the story.....never trust anyone...no matter who they are.....especially if it is MotorCars International. Do your own detailed investigation into any car you buy!

I am sorry to hear this. I have been buying cars for 50 years now and I can tell you that too many buyers today, especially exotic car buyers get stars in their eyes when they get ready to buy. Their heart starts beating so fast they can hardly think. They fall in love with the dealer and really believe he is "their" friend. They let their guard down and something like this happens. Now I am not saying you were this way. Obviously you had already dealt with them and felt comfortable. Even more reason for you to be on your guard. When someone is trying to sell you something remember the saying "Caveat Emptor". Let the buyer beware. I have had good deals over my career of car buying but I always was careful, did my "Due Dilligence" and bought mostly new cars. Have bought some used exotics and been lucky so far. However after what I have seen that happens in the Exotic car industry, my personal knowledge, some of these people/companies are lower than snakes. They have no ethics. They actually take pride in "screwing" the buyer and getting the money. Its all about the money. Watch out for those guys who slap you on the back and call you friend. They are NOT your friend. Motorcars International should take the car back and refund your money. That would be the right thing to do but you can bet they won't.

Bonedoc, of course I cannot speak to your experience.. but I have had a great experience with them.

I have purchased three exotic cars from Motorcars, and I have never had a problem. I am sorry for your dilemma. My experience with them has always been positive and they have gone out of there way to make sure everything was exposed as to the car's history. It could have been a case where they were lied to about the car. I don't know, but I definitely feel badly that you have to deal with this

Gentleman please. My name is Randy Mattison. I am the general manager at MotorCars International. This is the first I have heard of this matter from MR.BONEDOC. (We puchased this Lamborghini for him 4/25/05 with his full approval.) This vehicle was not somthing that we would normally stock. At the time of purchase we had in stock a 1994 Lamborghini VT with 4321 miles. (We had sold it new!) Mr BONEDOC commented that although this vehicle that we owned sounded nice he would rather have a DRIVER QUALITY CAR with more miles (16,219) for $12500 less money. Previous paintwork was disclosed as were the mechanical glitchs and signed off on by Mr.BONEDOC

CarFax states 11/11/02 Florida police report Detail:accident reported in Pineless county Level :MINOR (dented bumper, fender grill or a body panel that exceeded estimate of $500)

Once again this is a 12 year old Lamborghini with 16219 miles .....drivers quality (not a car that we would stock... we informed him of this before he had us buy it for him. He had us go out and buy for him with glitchs disclosed (and signed off on) the left door that appeared to us have had minor paintwork repair that Mr.BONEDOC was made aware of. He told us to leave the door and detailing alone he would have it done on his own. We did not recondition this car at all.... that was our agreement.

I have been in the automobile business for 32 years ....12 years with MotorCars International in Springfield Missouri. I pride myself and the hardworking people that work with me here in delivering only the best in exotic automobiles across the nation. Every one here at our dealership is involved in writing this response.

I have never heard from Mr.Bonedoc and it has been almost a year.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this matter

Randy Mattison

Bus 417-831-9999

Cell 417-844-8200

MotorCars International

Well, here is the consumer side of the story:

"This is the first I have heard of this matter from MR.BONEDOC."

-This is not the first time I have talked to MCI about it.

" (We puchased this Lamborghini for him 4/25/05 with his full approval.)"

-Of course I approved it. That's because I was not told of any damage. And that the king of all car dealers (MCI) accepted the car from the seller. It passed both of their inspections. I bought the car unseen because of trust.

"This vehicle was not somthing that we would normally stock. At the time of purchase we had in stock a 1994 Lamborghini VT with 4321 miles. (We had sold it new!) Mr BONEDOC commented that although this vehicle that we owned sounded nice he would rather have a DRIVER QUALITY CAR with more miles (16,219) for $12500 less money."

-OK, the diablo there was red on black. I specifically wanted red on tan. I would have driven the hell out of either. Who cares? Wouldn't stock it? From what I understand, most cars you sell are sold before they eveb get to you. Most cars are not in stock anyways.

"Previous paintwork was disclosed as were the mechanical glitchs and signed off on by Mr.BONEDOC "

-Does anyone else think there is a difference between paint work and an accident history? I must just be picky.

"CarFax states 11/11/02 Florida police report Detail:accident reported in Pineless county Level :MINOR (dented bumper, fender grill or a body panel that exceeded estimate of $500) "

-Thanks for telling me almost a year after the fact. Actually, how did you know this? I thought you did an AutoCheck, not a Carfax.

" He had us go out and buy for him with glitchs disclosed (and signed off on)"

-I signed off on lies. I could go out and buy any car myself. I used you guys because I trusted you and was told that the car would be great.

"the left door that appeared to us have had minor paintwork repair that Mr.BONEDOC was made aware of. He told us to leave the door and detailing alone he would have it done on his own. We did not recondition this car at all.... that was our agreement."

-This is not the issue. The issue is the failure to disclose an accident history.

"I have been in the automobile business for 32 years ....12 years with MotorCars International in Springfield Missouri. I pride myself and the hardworking people that work with me here in delivering only the best in exotic automobiles across the nation."

-I do think you guys do some great work there. I like viditing there. From what I could tell, Randy is a great guy. I don't know why honesty could not have been given. Maybe money is the most important thing in deciding truth and behaviour.

"I have never heard from Mr.Bonedoc and it has been almost a year."

-I have talked to my salesman about this already. It turns out that I was given even more lies to cover up other lies. What good would it do to talk anymore than this?

"Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding this matter "

-I have already talked with people there. I was given more lies. I could call. Honestly, Whtat good would that do me? Nothing is produced from me calling. Actually, that is why I post here. It is the only way good will happen from the consumers side. It did not happen from calling you. I lost $15,000 dollars becuase of a failure to disclose. Alot could of happened because of this. All it would have taken from the buissness side is a sincere apology. Maybe a lamborghini gift...like a jacket or gaget. Shoot....what is $100 expense to make a customer happy, or at least assured. Furthermore, not disclosing this sort of information may save money in a point of time. In the end, the reputation will cost. If you are serious about it, you will find a creative way to make up for it. If you are guilty, you will be defensive.

bonedoc:

Well said and explained. thanks for sharing your story!! Many times, it takes big efforts to confront institutional arrogance, manipulation and insensitivity. I admire your courage and patience. Let us all learn from this kind of bad experience !!

All I can say is....:shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll: ......just don't understand why BoneDoc never had a Carfax in hand......such a standard thing in the car buying/selling market for years now.

Sad to see a situation come to this. FWIW, I have heard nothing but good things about MCI. I have never worked with them, but have worked closely with their sister company, LoD, and find them to be of the highest quality. Obviously "a" does not always equal "b", but I do find this to be an usual strike against MCI's almost spotless record.

Good luck bonedoc.

Thanks for everyone's understanding. I only posted this because I want people to know what happened....just so they are more careful. Not with just MCI, but with any personal situation. I think that MCI means good overall, but I am an exception. I really like Roy and Cats....that is where I will go for my next lambo purchase. Don't worry Roy....I am am not the picky, complainer type. I am easy going!

It sounds to me like they made some effort to warn you of previous damage, yes paintwork does indicate some sort of damage history, but i'll bet you were willing to live with it because of the price. I'll bet you were happy with the car the whole time you had it, it only became a problem when your deal fell apart...

This should have been discussed between you and MCI in private, it's a sleezy move to try to bash them on a public forum, fortunetly for MCI, they have a good reputation and i'll bet the majority of the readers here know which side of the story to believe .

It sounds to me like they made some effort to warn you of previous damage, yes paintwork does indicate some sort of damage history, but i'll bet you were willing to live with it because of the price. I'll bet you were happy with the car the whole time you had it, it only became a problem when your deal fell apart...

This should have been discussed between you and MCI in private, it's a sleezy move to try to bash them on a public forum, fortunetly for MCI, they have a good reputation and i'll bet the majority of the readers here know which side of the story to believe .

Well, if you go by what they said above, it seems like a warning. It is funny that you have to even get a "warning" when spending this much on a car. Paint work on a typical lambo means rock chips, and that sort. It does not mean that a densiometer will go off the chart because there is so much bondo on it. I was also told that the car was mechanically perfect. I am not here complaining about the $1500 powersteering pump that was going bad when I picked it up. I am complaining about the lies. Even if they did tell me about paintwork, a poor history is different, especially if they tried to lie about it. I did not know about the history when I bought it because I trusted them, as you say they have a good reputation. I am telling you my second experience there. The first was good, and I gladly admit that. I would not have bought it if I knew about it. Why would I risk the $15,000 that I lost? I posted this here because I did not recieve anything from them when we talked about it. That is why I put it on a public forum. I could go nowhere with them in out personal talks. I am an honest person. Why would I be motivated to post this if everything was normal? It makes no sense.

bonedoc, The fact that your previous post dosen't attack me back tells me a lot about the kind of person you are, it shows me credibility. I just hate when people get on the internet to publicly bash a dealer, in your case it may be justified. The only ones that know the true story are you and MCI. It sounds like it just may be miscomunication, i hope it all works out between both of you.

BTW i have a 94VT Red/Tan with NO damage history if you're looking :mrgreen:

I cant figure this out......

--> Customer asked MC to buy car and says he signed off on "lies". What are these "lies" you speak of? You said you were fed more 'lies'. What were those too?

--> You mention expected paint work is on bumpers and such. Common sense of course, most lambos get a bumper respray every 5000 miles unless they are smart enough to use a 3M Clear Bra. :) The part that bugs me here is they disclosed paint work on the DOOR. Didnt a big red flag come up with paint work to a DOOR instead of a bumper? A DOOR needing painting begs of a minor fender bender occuring.

--> You didnt dispute that you said you would get the door work done perfectly yourself.

--> Of course they gave you less for the car than they sold it to you for. It's called making a profit. They must feed their kids too!

--> All it takes to make you happy about such a serious mistake as you claim would be a Lamborghini Jacket worth $100?

Then we go to your 'other' thread about this entire dispute....

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...=asc&highlight=

Quote from you: "To make matters worst, I recently did a paint density test on the car. I expected the front spoiler to be painted, but I found paint AND bondo densities in the drivers door. I ran a car fax on it and it reported a side impact accident on the drivers side".

Then the quote from THIS thread: "buyer did a carfax on it, and wondered why it had an accident history. Unfortunatly, this was a complete suprise to me. I had no clue"

....so which statement is actually accurate?

Then on this thread:

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...ighlight=#83279

...you are quoted in July 2005 of having problems with your power steering pump. In THIS thread you state that the problem was on the car when you bought it. Why are you investigating it three months after if the problem was really on the car when you bought it? You say it was going bad, and started reporting problems of it to THIS forum three months later? You reported other issues before and at no time did you mention this in any other posts.

I guess I'm just a little more than confused at your own contradictions....

-Ben

--> Customer asked MC to buy car and says he signed off on "lies".  What are these "lies" you speak of?  You said you were fed more 'lies'.  What were those too?

--> You mention expected paint work is on bumpers and such.  Common sense of course, most lambos get a bumper respray every 5000 miles unless they are smart enough to use a 3M Clear Bra. :)  The part that bugs me here is they disclosed paint work on the DOOR.  Didnt a big red flag come up with paint work to a DOOR instead of a bumper?  A DOOR needing painting begs of a minor fender bender occuring.

--> You didnt dispute that you said you would get the door work done perfectly yourself.

--> Of course they gave you less for the car than they sold it to you for.  It's called making a profit.  They must feed their kids too!

--> All it takes to make you happy about such a serious mistake as you claim would be a Lamborghini Jacket worth $100?

http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...=asc&highlight=

Quote from you:  "To make matters worst, I recently did a paint density test on the car. I expected the front spoiler to be painted, but I found paint AND bondo densities in the drivers door. I ran a car fax on it and it reported a side impact accident on the drivers side".

Then the quote from THIS thread: "buyer did a carfax on it, and wondered why it had an accident history. Unfortunatly, this was a complete suprise to me. I had no clue"

....so which statement is actually accurate?

Then on this thread:

...you are quoted in July 2005 of having problems with your power steering pump.  In THIS thread you state that the problem was on the car when you bought it.  Why are you investigating it three months after if the problem was really on the car when you bought it?  You say it was going bad, and started reporting problems of it to THIS forum three months later?  You reported other issues before and at no time did you mention this in any other posts.

-Ben

Ben-

Do you sell your warranties through MC ? If so, you ought to disclose that in a post siding with MC.

Ben,

Here are my replies to your questions:

--> Customer asked MC to buy car and says he signed off on "lies". What are these "lies" you speak of? You said you were fed more 'lies'. What were those too?

-I was told that the car had paint work. I was never told that the car was in an accident. In fact, I was told that they would not accept the car for purchase if it had such a history. After I found out they tried to act like they did not know. They said...."well we did not do a carfax. We did an autocheck and it came back normal. So, we assumed it was ok". So, I went and did an autocheck right away. I revealed the same accident that carfax did. They lied to me when I bought it. They lied to me about it later. I caught them.

--> You mention expected paint work is on bumpers and such. Common sense of course, most lambos get a bumper re-spray every 5000 miles unless they are smart enough to use a 3M Clear Bra. The part that bugs me here is they disclosed paint work on the DOOR. Didn't a big red flag come up with paint work to a DOOR instead of a bumper? A DOOR needing painting begs of a minor fender bender occurring.

-Actually, I was told that other parts were repainted too. The engine cover was. The mirrors were. I knew this. I was told that it was normal to have this much work. I was not told that there was an accident history and that it would later cost me $15,000 because I trusted MCI.

--> You didn't dispute that you said you would get the door work done perfectly yourself.

-That is because I did not know it was wrecked. I told them don't worry about polishing the car, because I enjoy detailing my cars. I did not know the car needed paint work. I promise.

--> Of course they gave you less for the car than they sold it to you for. It's called making a profit. They must feed their kids too!

-Yes, but a small, small expense to them could have made them much more money in the future, so they could feed their kids more.

-I am just giving examples. Anyway, I think if you met me you would know how laid back I am. I let serious things go pretty easily. In fact, it is funny that I even posted this topic here. I did because I received no honest apology, just more BS. That bugs me. Especially when it is at my expense.

***http://www.lambo-power.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9536&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Quote from you: "To make matters worst, I recently did a paint density test on the car. I expected the front spoiler to be painted, but I found paint AND bondo densities in the drivers door. I ran a car fax on it and it reported a side impact accident on the drivers side".

Then the quote from THIS thread: "buyer did a carfax on it, and wondered why it had an accident history. Unfortunately, this was a complete surprise to me. I had no clue"

....so which statement is actually accurate?***

-The buyer did the carfax on it. I did one immediately after I heard about it, because I about crapped myself. So, we both did it.

***Then on this thread:

...you are quoted in July 2005 of having problems with your power steering pump. In THIS thread you state that the problem was on the car when you bought it. Why are you investigating it three months after if the problem was really on the car when you bought it? You say it was going bad, and started reporting problems of it to THIS forum three months later? You reported other issues before and at no time did you mention this in any other posts. ***

- I guess I do not know what you are talking about. I was told that the car was inspected and that it did not need anything. I was told they just replaced some bulbs and the reverse switch. I was told that the power steering pump made a little noise and that all they needed to do is flush it out, and that it was fine. I was told that the car would not have ANY mechanical concerns when I got it. When I did pick the car up, I did not know the normal sound and feel of a lambo. I could hear an airy sound. On the way home it continued to get louder. Over time it really got bad. It was sort of embarrassing after awhile because it sounded so funny. Anyway...I posted questions here about getting it fixed. Because I wanted to fix it. I did not call MCI and bitch. I just don't like doing that....even though they told me the pump just needed a flush and would be fine. But, if the whole lie they told me is ok now because of an incorrectly stated fact about a power-steering pump on my part, I apologize and understand.

-I hope my answers helped. That is why I am here.

Ben still has not answered this question that was previously posted.

Ben-

Do you sell your warranties through MC ? If so, you ought to disclose that in a post siding with MC.

Ok my turn....

This thread needs to be closed, locked or removed! This is a issue that can be worked out with the dealer! Please call them. I am sure since they know about your issue they will work with you!!!

Speed2, if Ben does work with them is none of our concern, he raised some questions, bottom line the customer feels he was not treated fairly, it is time he goes back to the dealership to solve this matter! The dealership will help to work with him and I am sure this issue can be solved.

Bonedoc, if you have any questions please feel free to call me.....866-575-7146. I will help you as best I can....NOW WHO WANTS ROY TO POST SOME ELFs????? :supz:

I agree. I would not remove the thread. It is a truthful personal experience. I say lock it. If they try to be sincere, I will let the admin know to remove it. However, what contact I have had with them in the past has dug them deeper into the hole. Thanks for listening!

I say lock it. If they try to be sincere, I will let the admin know to remove it.......... Thanks for listening!

Done. :goodman: