Any others who bought a used RR/Bentley Had Issues with getting a loaner cars?

dnm7

I just bought a 2013 ghost and I needed to take it to have a little glitch with the navi replaced, they told me it could be 4-5 days bc they were backed up and down to 1 technician, I said no problem and wanted to arrange a loaner car. I don't need it, but my friend got a ghost loaner from them before and another time a bentley flying spur. Anyways, long story short, the service department at my local rolls dealer said thats only for customers who buy new or used from the dealer and they arrange it with the salesman and since I got mine from someone not them they said I don't get a loaner through them.

So now Im in Miami at our vacation home and for the heck of it I called Braman, told them my issue and asked if I could take the car in and get a loaner even though I didn't buy from them and they said it was no issue, so is this just on a dealer to dealer basis? Just sucks that my friend can get a ghost or flying spur whenever he needs servicing on his car, granted he paid full price for a new phantom, but I just paid $175k its not like Im some bum off the street, and I just feel like they're treating me horribly for no reason at all, I was just wondering if you guys had ever dealt with something like this.

I can't imagine rolls royce north america condoning a customer not being satisfied in every way imaginable, new or used car.

Car was put in service in 2014 so its still under original warranty

They have the same "policy" at Fields in Orlando. If you didn't buy there, new or used, they will not supply a loaner.

They have the same "policy" at Fields in Orlando. If you didn't buy there, new or used, they will not supply a loaner.

Thanks for the input.See Braman in Miami said they'd give me a cadillac but my local dealer will give you a ghost or flying spur but only if you buy from them, I guess its a dealer by dealer basis.

It is dealer by dealer basis. They are not required to furnish a loaner to anyone, and they are likely going to reward their local clients that shop with them. Some dealers will wait list your car for service as well. It is leading with a stick instead of a carrot, in my opinion, and doesn't promote future business coming to them. This can usually be overcome by allowing the local dealer's salesperson to source your used car for you. Then it would be sold through the local dealer, they make a couple grand, and you get a loaner going forward.

Congrats on the new car though, I am sure you are loving it. Sorry to hear about the servicing issue.

It is dealer by dealer basis. They are not required to furnish a loaner to anyone, and they are likely going to reward their local clients that shop with them. Some dealers will wait list your car for service as well. It is leading with a stick instead of a carrot, in my opinion, and doesn't promote future business coming to them. This can usually be overcome by allowing the local dealer's salesperson to source your used car for you. Then it would be sold through the local dealer, they make a couple grand, and you get a loaner going forward.

Congrats on the new car though, I am sure you are loving it. Sorry to hear about the servicing issue.

Thanks alot, honestly I wanted to buy a car from my local dealer, they just didnt have what I wanted. I wanted a white ghost that was slightly used and I kept waiting and waiting and nothing ever came through. This dealer is small and doesn't have more than 6-7 cars at any time. The used cars are way overpriced, they currently have one just like mine in black and I paid $175k and theyre asking $209k for a few less miles. My friend who bought the brand new phantom has gotten a ghost and a spur in the last year from this dealer when he gets work done, but me, I have to just have them drop me off at home and pick me up when the car is ready, just a tad bit disappointed in whats supposed to be the leading luxury brand in the whole who is supposed to roll out the red carpet to all its customers. Anyways I dont know when the dawn goes on sale, but I will be buying a slightly used one when they're available, Ill make sure to get it from this local dealer if possible.

• 6 months later...

my local RR dealer always gives me something decent, once i took my lamborghini in for tires, they gave me a maserati.. and when i took my ghost in for service they gave me another maserati. only one time my bentley gtc broke down, they didn't have any loaners but they took me to my office and picked me back up... they sold a couple of cars for me but i haven't actually bought a car from them, i always tell them what i want before i buy and give them a shot at finding it for me tho..

Thanks alot, honestly I wanted to buy a car from my local dealer, they just didnt have what I wanted. I wanted a white ghost that was slightly used and I kept waiting and waiting and nothing ever came through. This dealer is small and doesn't have more than 6-7 cars at any time. The used cars are way overpriced, they currently have one just like mine in black and I paid $175k and theyre asking $209k for a few less miles. My friend who bought the brand new phantom has gotten a ghost and a spur in the last year from this dealer when he gets work done, but me, I have to just have them drop me off at home and pick me up when the car is ready, just a tad bit disappointed in whats supposed to be the leading luxury brand in the whole who is supposed to roll out the red carpet to all its customers. Anyways I dont know when the dawn goes on sale, but I will be buying a slightly used one when they're available, Ill make sure to get it from this local dealer if possible.