Good time to buy Aventador Roadster?

exoticalex

Iv got the itch for something different, and I think its time for an Aventador Roadster. I love the LP640, but its time for a change.

What are your thoughts to the current market? Good time, bad time to buy? Of course the 2.0 should be coming out relatively soon... but it doesn't appear to be much other than a facelift.

Thanks!

Iv got the itch for something different, and I think its time for an Aventador Roadster. I love the LP640, but its time for a change.

What are your thoughts to the current market? Good time, bad time to buy? Of course the 2.0 should be coming out relatively soon... but it doesn't appear to be much other than a facelift.

Thanks!

Even if 2.0 comes next year, Roadster will not come before 2018. When the roof is off, it is the best car I can think of.

Even if 2.0 comes next year, Roadster will not come before 2018. When the roof is off, it is the best car I can think of.

Good point. Part of me wants to wait until news is released- just don't want to experience a rapid depreciation. But at the same time, I want it NOW!!!!

Decisions decisions decisions.

Roof off, upgraded exhaust...and Im happy!

Good point. Part of me wants to wait until news is released- just don't want to experience a rapid depreciation. But at the same time, I want it NOW!!!!

Get one that is already partially depreciated with low miles and enjoy it. I have a 13 Roadster and it is great especially with the top off.

You only live once get what you like NOW and enjoy the hell out of it. :icon_thumleft:

You only live once get what you like NOW and enjoy the hell out of it. :icon_thumleft:

WELL SAID!!!!

The hunt begins. Would love to find a well priced 14 Verde Ithica Roadster.

Are there any differences from 2013 to 2014? Worth the added cost to get a 14 with a bit more warranty left?

Thanks!!!

Im looking as well, it would have to be a 13+ coupe, as I never have taken the top off on anything I've owned in the past :) Then again I don't have the California or Florida climate here is in Washington.

Ill keep an eye out for a Spyder, let me know if you find some solid deals on coupes. They seem to be hovering around 340 for a low milage.

Im looking as well, it would have to be a 13+ coupe, as I never have taken the top off on anything I've owned in the past :) Then again I don't have the California or Florida climate here is in Washington.

Ill keep an eye out for a Spyder, let me know if you find some solid deals on coupes. They seem to be hovering around 340 for a low milage.

This will be my first exotic with the ability to remove the roof. I figure its the best of both worlds.

Ill keep my eyes open for ya!

This will be my first exotic with the ability to remove the roof. I figure its the best of both worlds.

Ill keep my eyes open for ya!

Roadster is certainly worth the price premium. I take the roof off in April/May and put it back in October/November and then I have to make it somehow to Spring again with the roof on. It is still a good car, but the noise is outside and I'm inside :)

I have noticed that Roadster prices are dropping. If you're looking to save money, even though the facelift roadster might not be out for a bit, I'd still wait for the 2.0 coupe to come out as I think it may have an effect on roadster values and you might save money.

If you have the resources, when isn't it a good time to buy a roadster? What are you waiting for? Get on the web and start making calls and find your Bull!

Prices may be slightly soften during the winter months for some areas but it's not going to plunge anytime soon. The current roadster is an incredible stylish car with performance to match. As some had said, the Aventador S roadster is likely 2 years away. So go shop for a roadster now and enjoy. You can decide in 20months as to whether to upgrade to the S model; or find a similar but better car; or just keep enjoying what you have.

Prices may be slightly soften during the winter months for some areas but it's not going to plunge anytime soon. The current roadster is an incredible stylish car with performance to match. As some had said, the Aventador S roadster is likely 2 years away. So go shop for a roadster now and enjoy. You can decide in 20months as to whether to upgrade to the S model; or find a similar but better car; or just keep enjoying what you have.

I would wait until after the Geneva motor show. The Aventador S will be released there as well as new Ferrari F12M (dealer previews are in Dec), McLaren may also have something up their sleeves. Given summer in the US and EU is mid year hold off on the roadster. SV production ends in March pretty much when the Aventador S will be officially announced.

Yes, please buy one now so there will be more for me to choose next spring/summer. Anyone that thinks that the prices are not continue to fall is out of their mind. Even though the 2.0 roadster will come later the 2.0 coupe will certainly have an affect. The moment potential buyers see the new interior, power upgrade, exterior upgrades they are going to want to get out of the car well before the roadster actually hits cause then it will be even worse.

Yes, please buy one now so there will be more for me to choose next spring/summer. Anyone that thinks that the prices are not continue to fall is out of their mind. Even though the 2.0 roadster will come later the 2.0 coupe will certainly have an affect. The moment potential buyers see the new interior, power upgrade, exterior upgrades they are going to want to get out of the car well before the roadster actually hits cause then it will be even worse.

You spot on. The interior of the the "Aventador S" will be a huge change. 2017 will be a big year for Italian v12s. Don't expect the Aventador SV to go up in value anytime soon. Sadly unlike some Ferrari and Porsche models lamborghinis tend to quickly depreciate or only after 20 years or more do they actually go up in value, but who wants to wait that long anyway....

I would expect depreciation, just a matter of how much.

Im debating between two cars right now. A '15 with 4500 miles, or a Verde Ithaca '14 with 2k miles. Assuming I could be ~$365k in each car (would pay $8k to extend warranty on the '14)....just not sure which is the better pick....and what the price might drop to over the next year...

There is a beautiful 14 " Verde ithaca roadster with 1100 miles owned by a board member that is for sale right now for 360 K

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/6...29124/overview/

Oh I like it. Made a slight typo with my prior post- meant $365k.

And the more I look, the more I see out there. So confused lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also in the market for a roadster and have seen the car in question up on cars.com

Given the miles and pretty desirable color combination it seems like a great price, relatively speaking. That's the thing, though. It's all relative and by the looks of it not too many Aventadors are moving right now. It could be the time of year, or it could be the theory I have that the cars are so pricey that the buyer pool is too small, and those who could afford $500K cars are the same exact people who would be in the market for cars at $300K+. Not a whole lot of them. I think it will take the coupes coming down to $230-250K and the roadsters sub $300K to get to the buyer pool needed to move these cars. On the other hand, the amount of cars for sale means that those who don't mind paying a little more right now can get a VERY nice one with really low miles for a bargain compared to a few years ago.

Wow! That one is nicely priced, and somehow I have missed it. Thanks for the heads up.

I know the owner of that car. It's a very solid buy.