Performante Appreciation Curve

RobberBaron

Hello everyone,

I am curious what your thoughts are on the Performante's potential for appreciation? Personally, I am thinking it will look similar to the SV, 675LT, 458 Speciale (coupe), etc. I have heard, unofficially, production will be stopped at 2,000 units. Even though that is quite a few, with the car holding the ring record, the difficulty getting one, and it being a limited edition Lamborghini (with notable performance increases) early owners should do quite well for the first 1-2 years.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

Unfortunately it will not happen, more hardcore limited edition runs will be released soon IMO.

Buy enjoy dump rinse repeat focus your money making on the business which initially afforded you the ability of buying an exotic.

i don't see the Performante versions going UP in value. the depreciation curve will be much slower than the standard huracan units, but doubtful it'll appreciate. the ONLY version that may potentially go up would be a SUPER TROFEO style version, which you know some variant along those lines will come out eventually.

they may HOLD their values slightly, maybe sell slightly above MSRP first 3-6 months for those who missed putting deposits on early allocations, and just aren't patient to wait. like all HOT cars, you have a 3-6 month window to flip the car to an eager buyer who wants to skip the waiting process.

they may HOLD their values slightly, maybe sell slightly above MSRP first 3-6 months for those who missed putting deposits on early allocations, and just aren't patient to wait. like all HOT cars, you have a 3-6 month window to flip the car to an eager buyer who wants to skip the waiting process.

This, all Huracan/gallardo lose money it seems, wouldn't be surprised if at six months out there were ones for sale at a decent amount off, people always seem to move to whatever the very latest thing is and there will be too many of them to hold prices even on a limited supply.

Lambo will come out with another version of the model in the next year or two, with high production, most likely killing any upward movement.

Hello everyone,

I am curious what your thoughts are on the Performante's potential for appreciation? Personally, I am thinking it will look similar to the SV, 675LT, 458 Speciale (coupe), etc. I have heard, unofficially, production will be stopped at 2,000 units. Even though that is quite a few, with the car holding the ring record, the difficulty getting one, and it being a limited edition Lamborghini (with notable performance increases) early owners should do quite well for the first 1-2 years.

Cheers,

RobberBaron

I'm hoping you are right! I'm thinking msrp+ for atleast 18 mos...

The only way I see it happening is if Lambo goes the way of Ferrari and swaps to a turbo V8 or V6 for Gen 2, which I highly doubt will happen. If the Perf becomes the equivalent of the Specials then purists will try to grab them up. That is about the only scenario where any significant short terrm appreciation will occur. The odds on that are slim to none. Otherwise you will see the usual first release mark ups from flippers and then it will settle down like every other model. News will pop up of another limited release and interest will wane.

Buy enjoy dump rinse repeat focus your money making on the business which initially afforded you the ability of buying an exotic.

+10000

Issue with the Performante is it's not limited (numbered) so that will hurt value and it's not the last track/performance version of the Huracan. I personally don't like all the variants Lambo comes out with for the Huracan and Aventador but they're about making money so might as well milk it well the economy is doing good. It just sucks for us owners who have to take the financial hit when a new model is introduced 6 months later.

Agree with what many had said: initial few months is the only window. For those who ordered the car before it's officially announced, they take delivery of the first batch, play with it and then sell it to those who want one without the wait. The rest will depreciate like any car. Perhaps the depreciation curve won't be as steep; or at least until whatever succeeds it; but it absolutely will depreciate.

The Superleggera is a good example: the original Super G was one of if not the best modern Lamborghini's. Even a percentage of the dealers concede to that. It's raw. it fast, it's fun to drive and it looks great --- exactly what define a Lamborghini (ok, except the conventional doors). Some even like it more than the 570-4SL, the STS and the SC due to it's rawness and it's styling which somewhat resembles a modern interpretation of the Countach. But unless it's a manual (which they couldn't give those away when they were new :eusa_wall: ), it too followed the depreciating fate and that applies even to the very limited one in Bianco Monocerus.

The only way I see it happening is if Lambo goes the way of Ferrari and swaps to a turbo V8 or V6 for Gen 2, which I highly doubt will happen. If the Perf becomes the equivalent of the Specials then purists will try to grab them up. That is about the only scenario where any significant short terrm appreciation will occur. The odds on that are slim to none. Otherwise you will see the usual first release mark ups from flippers and then it will settle down like every other model. News will pop up of another limited release and interest will wane.

And the Performante Spyder is already going to be released a year after as seen in spy shots.

Interesting there is a thread on Fchat talking of the "slow" depreciation of the 458, probably has to do with it being last of the NA V8's. Huracan could follow as the last NA V10 line up.

As of a couple weeks ago some dealers still have order slots available for the perf

again, orders are LIMITED, so most dealers should have spots. the important thing to note is when the allocation is. the EARLY build slots (for those who put down deposits before or at the early previews) should be late Q4 of this year, or early Q1. i was offered an early Q1 spot. i waited on it till after Geneva and lost that spot. no biggie, cause i think i'm going to just keep my Huracan for a bit longer.

If the car will perform just as well in the hands of independents you will see a spike in "want" and premiums being paid.

Hopefully the car will hold its value.

I would take the counterpoint that, after the initial "I didn't get an allocation so I will pay up" cars are resold, and because of the higher price of the Perf; their price curve and that of early Aventador Roadsters will begin to intersect, putting significant downward price pressure on the Perf. I don't see many buyers opting for a Perf over an Avy Roadster unless they have already had the Avy (or are seeking a track vehicle).

I've not seen one of the Gallardo/Huracan range of vehicles appreciate since their inception in 2004.

I have, however, seen lots of braggadocious-ness on the subject.

I've not seen one of the Gallardo/Huracan range of vehicles appreciate since their inception in 2004.

I have, however, seen lots of braggadocious-ness on the subject.

I know of one variant that has appreciated--but very little. The LP560-2's were all manuals and very limited in number. They're msrp was anywhere from 207-213. Most are trading hands around 215-225. I kind of still kick myself for letting mine go but you only live once and the V12 spoke to me.

I'm in for a Perfromante and think it will certainly depreciate long term. But I'll enjoy the heck out of it while it's in my garage. 👍

I agree with VCR, original SL in white equals unicorn. :headbang:

The 570 which followed wasn't anywhere near as raw.

10 Bianco Monoceros came to North America.

6 have been TT'd and 2 have been wrecked. The last one was just crashed as it was listed for sale at just under 150k

I know of one variant that has appreciated--but very little. The LP560-2's were all manuals and very limited in number. They're msrp was anywhere from 207-213. Most are trading hands around 215-225. I kind of still kick myself for letting mine go but you only live once and the V12 spoke to me.

I'm in for a Perfromante and think it will certainly depreciate long term. But I'll enjoy the heck out of it while it's in my garage. 👍

I hear ya'.

I owned a (special ordered) 2009 Arancio Atlas LP560-4 manual. :)

Seems like there will not be a Huracan Superleggera or is that naive?

As the name suggests, the Performante is a higher performance version of the standard Huracan and a successor to the Gallardo Superleggera. Although it was originally believed that the Huracan will also get a Superleggera badge, Lambo eventually decided to replace it with Performante. The name swap is rather surprising given that the high-performance Aventador retained the SuperVeloce name from its predecessor, but I agree that Performante is as fitting as Superleggera for a range-topping sports car.

Seems like there will not be a Huracan Superleggera or is that naive?

As the name suggests, the Performante is a higher performance version of the standard Huracan and a successor to the Gallardo Superleggera. Although it was originally believed that the Huracan will also get a Superleggera badge, Lambo eventually decided to replace it with Performante. The name swap is rather surprising given that the high-performance Aventador retained the SuperVeloce name from its predecessor, but I agree that Performante is as fitting as Superleggera for a range-topping sports car.

I heard the Superleggera moniker was owned by another company so that's why Lambo didn't use it this time.

I heard the Superleggera moniker was owned by another company so that's why Lambo didn't use it this time.

I concur. I believe Touring owns that.