New desktop headphone DAC/Amp time

TestShoot

Ok, so here is my problem. I have multiple (open) offices, and I don't want to go nuts kitting them out. Office #1 is quiet, like "A Quiet Place" kind of quiet, though I have large desk space. Currently that is a Fiio E17 and E10 system, works well, but showing it's age. The other office is noisy with a small footprint. Headphone jacks just don't cut it, and after a lunch with LV Eric, I tried out a Chord Mojo, then a Hugo. Very nice units, not what I want to leave in either place for extended periods and I found myself looking down the rabbit hole of audiophilia.

Fiio has the new X7 mkII, a nice little unit, small footprint. Cranking it up to overpower noise at #2 is going to distort a bit too much. I may make space or mod the desk to support the Marantz, M-Dac, possibly a Cambridge unit, or the lowly Teac, but I wanted to step back a second and get some opinions. I am thinking I'll spend sub $1k on my DAC/Amp combo, if someone breaks it, I won't have to murder them. Schiit is not far from here, I could give them a shot.

So what are some of the set ups you guys use or suggest?