My 2017 McLaren 570S

Charlie

I wanted to post this on LP (Posted on McLaren Life) since we have so many multi car owners and you LP members would appreciate som feedback on the car. This stock is truly an amazing car. My window sticker was $232k (well optioned). This car stock is incredible but with the tune exhaust is sounds like it should.

Work completed: Velocity AP cat delete pipes and Race Xpipe with titanium heat blankets with DynoComp doing a custom ECU tune. If you are looking for a serious set up and quality materials and perfect fitment then hit up Stuart at Velocity AP. After Stuart and I emailed back and forth I knew he was the one to go with. He emailed me an online invoice and within five business days I had the exhaust at my office. I am located in Scottsdale, Arizona, and have used DynoComp several times for other builds and dyno tunes. They just so happen to be a couple doors down from McLaren Scottsdale as well. The owner, Rich, is a solid guy and always direct with what he and his team will do and they are always within budget. Rich is more conservative with his tunes but that is what I like about working with him. My car has only 300 miles on it so I wanted to make sure it was going to be conservative since the car is like new. There is no reason for me to risk having issues with a car just to get a little more HP out of the motor. Rich has done several custom ECU tunes with exhaust systems on McLaren’s and I knew he would make sure it was perfect before I got the car back from him. Rich and his team wrapped the cat delete exhaust with Design Engineering (DEI) titanium exhaust wrap and fitment with the factory heat shields. The Xpipe comes with the titanium blankets and are pretty cool. Installation per Rich was perfect!

DYNO: Dyno-dynamics AWD. Dyno from Australlia. Rich states that the loss is about 20% with this dyno.

OCTANE: 91 octane (Arizona highest octane rating).

Stock the car did 420 whp which is low but accurate with this dyno. Most other dynos are getting 462-532 whp from stock (93 octane). This could also be because of the 91 octane, no front wheel spin and is the nature of this dyno.

The ECU tune did 570 whp on 91 octane.

Take the 570 whp and add 20% for this dyno and the car is now running 684 crank hp.

These results on 91 octane are on point with other tunes and exhaust at 93 octane etc (93 octane will get more whp). I am excited to see where the true numbers are with the 0-6o, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile runs to compare.

Velocity AP with their tune and exhaust were able to out perform a stock 12c, 650s and 675LT with real world results...not just numbers. A friend did work on a 570s last week and the car ran 10.021 in the 1/4 in 50 degree weather at 143.26 mph. If the tires were a little warmer they feel they would have been in the 9's. That car had 285 R888R rear tires but again temp what a little cool. Pretty impressive how well these cars are running!

Rich did a baseline dyno and tune (see dyno chart). Note this was not a dyno you can have the rear wheels rotating the front wheels. We did throw ABS codes because of this and may have reduced full potential of whp numbers. I personally recommend using a dyno that has the rear wheels spinning the front tires so McLaren’s computers will not affect the full potential possibly of the tune and numbers.

The custom ECU tune by DynoComp and the Veloctiy exhaust made an incredible transformation of the car. In my eyes the car now sounds exactly how it should. Note - this is pretty loud so it you want similar results but a little quieter do the Velocity 200 cel sport cat pipes. The car does shoot flames with this exhaust system. I want to thank Rich at DynoComp and his team for such an amazing job they do and to the customer service level I always get from the team there! I also want to thank Stuart at Velocity AP for always answering an email question and offering his help. Thank you guys for making my car perfect!

I have attached the dyno image and video. Also a cold start video which you can hear the rpms settling down around thirty seconds in and hear the amazing sound at idle. I also included a video of a quick shift through the gears (not WOT because my tires were still cold) with a little flame show on downshifts. In the next thirty days I will take a video of the car in the ¼ mile with results. On December 9-10th McLaren Scottsdale is sponsoring a track day weekend at Inde Motorsports Ranch. I will try to do some pulls against 12c, stock 570s, 650s and 720s for comparison. December 17th I will be at the No Fly Zone for the ½ mile. I will post results of that as well with video.

http://www.velocityap.com/McLaren-57...n570sxpipe.htm

http://www.velocityap.com/McLaren-De...larendecat.htm

post-10287-1511749768_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511749779_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511749865_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511749956_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511749998_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511750099_thumb.jpg

post-10287-1511750188_thumb.jpg

Wow that's an amazing increase in power over stock for the little amount of mods.

Please keep us posted about any exciting races, 60-130 times, 1/4, etc. Good luck!