Aventador vs Aventador SV vs Aventador S

Supercar Ace

I would say that on a straight drag race, rolling or otherwise, the SV will win due to its lighter weight. On a twisty road, that would depend on the driver of the SV as the 4WS does wonders for the S’ handling. The car seems magically shrunk due to the 4WS. I had a LP700 coupe, a roadster; currently a SV and had driven the S fairly substantially. Parking with the S is quite an improvement over the other 2. Weight-wise, a loaded S with the comfort seats & all the bells & whistles is quite porky though. The original AV simply cannot compete with the hp deficit and it too is rather porky.

How much less does an SV weigh? About the same as a passenger?

Roughly. Having driven all 3 I think the SV still feels like the Ultimate version currently. The S is fast, loud and shockingly nimble...But the SV looks and feels a bit more hardcore. The first gen Aventador is a proper beast, and once you experience the later versions you realize just how impressive the "regular" Aventador is and what a great base platform it is. With all 3 you can't really go wrong, so the way I see it is that each one is better suited for a different type of driver. The standard Aventador is for someone who want to save some cash (relatively speaking) but mainly for those looking for a signature V12 supercar experience. The SV is for those who want the most raw, hardcore feeling supercar. The S if for those who want the maximum amount of performance while also having the most civilized car to live with. You really can't go wrong.