Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV
Double
post Dec 5 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #21

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 9,411

QUOTE (diablo-jota @ Dec 5 2017, 12:03 PM) *

Thank-you for all of this. I wouldn't want to perpetuate a lie about my car. I'm going to investigate further.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Allan-Herbie
post Dec 5 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5

It is not an SV-R motor. Many people think first year of the VVT motor was 99. It's not -1998 was. Personally I prefer the pop up lights over the fixed units and I prefer the wing. Inmo.Diablos need deep dish wheels. That being said the car looks very clean and the only one who needs to like it is you. Comgrats

--------------------

87 Countach QV
98 Diablo SV Monterey Edition
02 Murcielago
05 Carrera GT
+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Dec 5 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #23

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,430

QUOTE (Double @ Dec 5 2017, 03:14 PM) *
Thank-you for all of this. I wouldn't want to perpetuate a lie about my car. I'm going to investigate further.

Howard, SVR motor or not, I'm glad you finally found your unicorn.

--------------------

“Never pass up the opportunity to have sex or be on television.” - Gore Vidal

+Quote Post
FLHOMESITE
post Dec 6 2017, 01:04 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 462

I personally know this car from the past.

--------------------

2015 Mclaren 650s
2012 GTR 1500 HP Monster
2017 Caddy CTS V
2015 Tesla 70D
2009 38 Fountain Center Console with FOUR 350 Verado outboards 90MPH fishing boat

primefloridaland.com
+Quote Post
SV-N-IT
post Dec 6 2017, 06:34 AM
Post #25

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 2,228

QUOTE (abolfaz @ Dec 5 2017, 05:13 PM) *
Howard, SVR motor or not, I'm glad you finally found your unicorn.

iamwithstupid.gif mazel tov! icon_thumleft.gif

--------------------

(Yes, Life Insurance got me there)
+Quote Post
Double
post Dec 6 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 9,411

QUOTE (Allan-Herbie @ Dec 5 2017, 05:14 PM) *
It is not an SV-R motor. Many people think first year of the VVT motor was 99. It's not -1998 was. Personally I prefer the pop up lights over the fixed units and I prefer the wing. Inmo.Diablos need deep dish wheels. That being said the car looks very clean and the only one who needs to like it is you. Comgrats

Yeah I like the pop-up headlights too; more sleek looking, no doubt. But I really wanted this dash, otherwise I'd have just gone with an early Diablo for alot less $.

All of these mods I did - understand that I just wanted to do something really different without the gaudiness that the Japanese tuners do to Diablo. I wanted Lamborghini parts and stylings. I have all of the original parts and either all at once or over time will change things back, just wanted something really different for now.

As for the wheels - well I had to see if I could do it. This is the hardest wheel fitment that I've ever heard of. Front wheels had to have the pad shaved down to the very minimum safe level and wheels are still right at the fender edges; I'd have preferred them 1/2" inboard. Had to weld then re-drill for bolt pattern. Rear wheels even harder: hubcentric spacer/adaptors to add offset plus change the bolt pattern was the easy part. But we had to make the wheels 1 1/2" wider. That's a feat. Notwithstanding getting a set of Mimas wheels. It all worked out though; rides perfectly smooth.
On their own - I love them with those skinny, angular spokes. They show the brakes beautifully - better than any Diablo wheel style could. So to me they're very exotic. But I will admit that the first time I saw them actually on the car, I was like WTF. I'm good now and going to stay with them for awhile. Have both SV wheels and even LP670SV wheels which are a straight bolt-on, so there are options down the road.

Oh - and Allan - your buddy Marco did some nice work on the car including cleaning the injectors plus some other tuning. He saved me having to buy some injectors. He talked about the things you guys did with your last SV.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:51 AM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag