Squadra Corsa is Here

ATL_

Nice looking, the Giallo might be a bit much for my tastes on this car, but I wouldn't turn it away.

:iamwithstupid:

In reality it's pretty badass. It's basically a detuned streetable version of the supertrofeo car.

:iamwithstupid: :monkeyleft:

In reality it's pretty badass. It's basically a detuned streetable version of the supertrofeo car.

So is a Superleggera which, imo, looks much better. Clearly, I am biased :icon_thumleft:

Makes me drool. I'd prefer Grigio Telesto or a variant of it but I'd take this Giallo one without a doubt. Car looks badass. Reminds me of the same feeling I had when I first saw/drove the 08 Superleggera, which happened to be in Grigio Telesto.

Mine landed at BMCD in San Fran Thursday last week..planning on heading down right after Halloween and driving it up the 101 back to Seattle. Funny thing is mine was the exact same MSRP...

I do know they only have 16 coming to the US and ALL in Yellow. They do forget to add in their add that this car is "Direct Injected" and it is approx 72LBS lighter then EVEN the STS that was built in 2012/13 and has an "un-documented" MORE HP then even the SL and the STS...

Yes they have made a LOT of "Versions" of the G cars..but I think this is a car to have as it is one of the last of the G Line!!

Cant wait to get into it...

Mine landed at BMCD in San Fran Thursday last week..planning on heading down right after Halloween and driving it up the 101 back to Seattle. Funny thing is mine was the exact same MSRP...

I do know they only have 16 coming to the US and ALL in Yellow. They do forget to add in their add that this car is "Direct Injected" and it is approx 72LBS lighter then EVEN the STS that was built in 2012/13 and has an "un-documented" MORE HP then even the SL and the STS...

Yes they have made a LOT of "Versions" of the G cars..but I think this is a car to have as it is one of the last of the G Line!!

Roy,

You have sold more lamborghinis then most people out there BUT I beg to differ in regards to this car being 72lbs lighter then a STS. If the STS has carbon brakes and same options like this one, I bet that they are within a few pounds difference.

Anyone have info stating this one is lighter, and how did they do that? Exhaust and no cats is the only heavy pieces to save weight on.

Roy,

You have sold more lamborghinis then most people out there BUT I beg to differ in regards to this car being 72lbs lighter then a STS. If the STS has carbon brakes and same options like this one, I bet that they are within a few pounds difference.

Anyone have info stating this one is lighter, and how did they do that? Exhaust and no cats is the only heavy pieces to save weight on.

I tend to agree with you...the information I have shared comes from some close Factory tech friends..but 72lbs is a bit optomistic...since most ALL the STS cars for USA (with the exception of only 3 that I know of) came with NON CCB...I think the comparassion of weight loss may be there..(I was told ALL of the NEW 15 cars to the USA have CCB as standard equipment). I do know that is was passed on to me that there was weight savings in the area of both the rear and front bumper facias as the use of brakets and material were a weight savings. The rear alone shaved weight as it used more "Honey-comb" body pieces insterad of solid panels...the front as well less solid pieces and differnt bracket attachments.

I will make a dry weight measurment between this NEW car and my STS that I have kept in my private collection to see what and if there is a difference. However, even if there is as much as 72lbs...I dont really see that as making a major difference in these two cars...after all your not going to get another second shaved off of its running times..maybe a .100th second, pending conditions. I do see where in speed/tunnel testing the NEW car may have a better air grip with its cosmetic changes and possibly run a slight bit cooler with its newer air intakes.

When it comes down to it, I think the STS and this car are pretty identical and both are BAD ASS cars...maybe it just gets down to the owner wanting which color (as NO STS cars came in Yellow) and of course cosmetic looks. Most here know I have never been a jump up and down fan of the Gallardo, regardless what version it was....but that all changed for me with the STS and I hope it carries on with this NEW car. It is IMO that MUCH better then the previous "set the high bar" LP570-4 Super Leggera cars...and it is considerbly noticeable to even the once in a while driver of these cars. Your drive a LP570-4SL, then get in a STS and it IS a world of difference and an experiance to make anyone smile and change their mind about owning a Gallardo Version vehicle from Lamborghini.

Of coursre I could be totaly wrong and it is just IMO..but I got the LAST of the Diablo in the 6.0SE and LOVE it as the best of the best of that line...enjoy it every time I get in, then I got the LP670-4SV as the last of the last of the Murcie line, same story, its just the best of all the years of development and the top finish of the line dog...I feel the same way with the STS/Corssa cars...once I got in one, drove it, it was obvious they threw in ALL they learned over the years and made the final best of the line car in these two cars.....I guess only time will tell. I am looking forward to my break in drive home fron San Fran to Seattle with it.

On another side note...I do think I will be removing the Tri color stripe from the side and as well be doing the roof and the windshield pillars in the same flat/matt black as the rest of the car...got to wait till I have it in 3d sight to see what touches I want to make to it.

Congrats Roy! It is a beautiful car! I would leave the stripe - it's model specific and looks great IMO. Best of luck with it! I look forward to your review.

On another side note...I do think I will be removing the Tri color stripe from the side and as well be doing the roof and the windshield pillars in the same flat/matt black as the rest of the car...got to wait till I have it in 3d sight to see what touches I want to make to it.

Please don't ruin a perfect car.

They do forget to add in their add that this car is "Direct Injected"...

Congrats, Roy! It's definitely impressive in person. I did want to point out though that all Gallardos have been direct injected since the LP560-4 in '09.

Looks cool! Regarding the weight and its savings I feel a bit two minded. At the same time as I think all the CF and leather door straps etc. are cool I think it is quite funny that they have all that and still have AC, Stereo , Navi, Power windows, power mirrors etc etc. It sort of seems very pretentious, but at the same time it is a road car and not a race car and I would propably want to have all these comfort creatures in mine if I were to get one. Dunno.

• 3 weeks later...

Roy, any update here? Is there a noticeable difference in power, feel, or sexyness? I am not a fan of yellow so if there is not much of a difference between this and you're STS, I will go with an STS for color purposes. If it is meaningfully better, well, then there would be a compelling reason to drive a super car the color of a school bus.

So, if it has direct injection, does it mean, it actually has new engine from Cabrera?

Roy, any update here? Is there a noticeable difference in power, feel, or sexyness? I am not a fan of yellow so if there is not much of a difference between this and you're STS, I will go with an STS for color purposes. If it is meaningfully better, well, then there would be a compelling reason to drive a super car the color of a school bus.

I wont know till later this week. Car arrived and is being delivered to Newport Beach on Tuesday. I am flying into Newport Beach for the Mecum Auto Auction this week and will be down there for 8 days...plan to go to Cars and COffee Saturday in to Irvine...then it will be trucked back up to Seattle when I fly out. So hope to put a 500 miles on it our so over the week.....so will advise.

So the first 100 miles I can report a few things..the color, design and a few little gadgets on the interior a very nice. I love the yellow with all the CF and the yellow wing tips with matching break calipers looks way better then pictures show.

It DOES fell a tad quicker out of the hole. IT FOR SURE has a more improved gearbox shifting then the STS cars I had and drove, very noticeable..it is quicker and WAY smother even in Corssa mode..I very nice upgrade and noticeable right off the bat!

the center screen also has a built in "lap" timer...5 of them to be exact..and each can be start and stop AS You drive by touching the button on the right signal stock arm. Pretty neat feature as you can keep track of multiple laps and different sequences.

The new tires are INSANE...what a grip...but also a bit of more road noise.

I also noticed in Corssa , seems a bit more tighter suspension and not a bounce that I noted on the STS or the SL cars..

Has a 50th plaque in the front window, nice touch.

I am sure there will be more as I add miles to it...heading out to the east desert area tomorrow for some hill climbs and twistes...

All in all a great car so far.