What's a GT worth now?

abolfaz

I've been flirting with the idea of getting a another GT on and off for a few years now. While the asking prices are fcuking through the roof, I can't fathom that the cars are worth anywhere near the $200k+ asking prices. Also, up until the point that I sold mine a few years back, I knew several people that had 30k+ miles on their cars yet every single one that's for sale has under 9,000ish miles? Where are the rest of the cars? On another note, I used to see a GT a few times a week on the road down here, now I can go months if not a year before I see one on the road, what gives?

Anyone buy a GT recently? If so, what did you pay and how many miles did your car have?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peak bought them all and is hoarding them in his bunker.

Last I heard a low mile heritage changed hands for north of $200k, haven't seen a ton for sale recently either.

Last I heard a low mile heritage changed hands for north of $200k, haven't seen a ton for sale recently either.

I've never been a fan of the heritage colors on the new GT's yet somehow they've always traded hands, even when new, in the 200's. My car was a four optioned white/blue GT with 9,000 miles and I got $30 over sticker when I sold it back in late 08. My question is, where's that car and others like it now? Where are they popping up for sale? I really have no interest in any of the sub 5,000 mile cars I see for sale as the miles would preclude me from driving them. Up until I sold mine, I was using it for a daily driver, I wouldn't want another GT so I could let it sit in the garage.

Export market? 200k here looks like the bargain of the century, few years back there were quite a lot being imported from the states.

Ten years ago a 288 GTO was worth about $300k.....now about twice as much.

I think the $200k FGT is a steal, and in a decade you might regret not getting one now.

Seems like everytime I look at them on Ebay they've gone up another $20k lol. I think they look awesome and would love to have one if they had depreciated like normal cars. I think as the prices are going up, people are keeping them so there aren't as many for sale.

a 5 mile one sold for $370 recently.

I paid $142k for mine in March 2011 (4 option 1 owner car) with 4k miles, pretty crazy how the pricing is now... I think you're looking at $190k for a 6k mile car.... I just bumped my stated value on the car last week...

I paid $142k for mine in March 2011 (4 option 1 owner car) with 4k miles, pretty crazy how the pricing is now... I think you're looking at $190k for a 6k mile car.... I just bumped my stated value on the car last week...

What you paid is what I think the car is worth, unfortunately the market doesn't seem to agree with me? Then again, the cars on eBay have been on eBay for a looooong time, some recycled between dealers for years.

i paid $168K for my black with silver stripes with 2800miles about 1.5 years ago. when i look at the dealer sites, it's quite difficult to find a car for sale with less than 5K miles for less than $200K nowadays. my buddy who got a red one with 200 miles about 6 months earlier than me paid $142K, i think.

where did they go? i'm sure a lot of them got exported. here in the philippines, we have about 20-25 FGTs and ALL of them came from the US. it's not many but if you factor that all other countries are importing from the US, it all adds up.

why they are rising in price? i think the dealers are hoarding the cars and are willing to sit on it. they would rather wait and get their price than make a deal. the owners are not selling while some have multiple units. here in our country, not 1 FGT was sold by it's original owner. nobody here wants to sell. i figure something similar happens in the US as well which drives up the prices.

if you get one at a high price, at least you can be assured it's not going to go down significantly so the difference is the capex is simply larger.

I talked to Sprite about the Ford GT last week, his theory is that half of them are probably crashed now and that affects value and might be the reason you don't see them around anymore. I've never seen one in traffic my entire life.

I talked to Sprite about the Ford GT last week, his theory is that half of them are probably crashed now and that affects value and might be the reason you don't see them around anymore. I've never seen one in traffic my entire life.

half number is too high.

do you mean crashed as in totaled? definitely no where near 1/2.

half number is too high.

do you mean crashed as in totaled? definitely no where near 1/2.

Totaled yes. I think he was insinuating that a very large number of them was totaled, of course not half but still a lot.

I sold mine for 150k 3 years ago, saw it for sale again around a year ago for 190 and some change. Wish I still had it. It seems like there are not a lot of cars out there between totaled cars, cars that have some sort of blemish on the title and cars sitting in collector garages.

Totaled yes. I think he was insinuating that a very large number of them was totaled, of course not half but still a lot.

I keep hearing about this insanely 'high rate of attrition' that's leading to the rise in prices, but are crashes really that much more common than other similar cars? I know about the lack of nannies, etc etc, but are the GTs really crashed with such a frequency to affect the market?

They are rare and will be collector items and values will rise. Thats ofcourse my gut feeling, worth nothing.

I have seen only one here, Gulf liveried bought new. I have actually sat in it when it was new, but seeing it pop up randomly in normal traffic next to normal cars once in a year or two is just epic!

Cool cars!

It's the one car that no one really trashes, even Mopar and Chevy fan boys...... last time I had mine out someone asked if it was a new concept car....

Good luck Mike, they are bringing the fcuking moon. Get out your checkbook and take a diazapam before scratching the well north of 200k price for anything in Grey/Blue/Yellow/Heritage with low miles. It is insane.

i love the FGT , the looks, its mid-engined... but above $200k i find it a bit crazy. I would prefer to save up some more till i can afford a Carrera GT. However, I do agree that they will likely continue to appreciate. Its just that at that entry price lvl i prefer to buy smthg else (CGT) at a steeper price. $150k i'd have one in a blink of an eye!

for me :

Ford_GT40_wallpaper.jpg

You could wait for the broad market to tank again and pick up a sale under duress if you're faster than Shelby, but absent of that, I agree with post above: Pic a color you like except Gulf and write a check for two bills. Gulf cars with low miles are very high $200's at this point in time.

I paid $158k for my red (common) car with 4800 miles on it two years ago. I wouldn't sell it for $200k now because I believe the prices will continue to climb - and because I absolutely love the car.

My $.02 from the cheap seats.

PS.. A CGT is still a long way $ away from a non-Heritage GT.

You could wait for the broad market to tank again and pick up a sale under duress if you're faster than Shelby, but absent of that, I agree with post above: Pic a color you like except Gulf and write a check for two bills. Gulf cars with low miles are very high $200's at this point in time.

I paid $158k for my red (common) car with 4800 miles on it two years ago. I wouldn't sell it for $200k now because I believe the prices will continue to climb - and because I absolutely love the car.

My $.02 from the cheap seats.

PS.. A CGT is still a long way $ away from a non-Heritage GT.

I have seen pics of your car on other forums. It sits perfect and looks fantastic. These cars are long term keepers , no doubt! I miss mine and look forward to the day of repeat ownership of one.