Thinking of RR Ghost

Easy888

Guys, I'm contemplating on adding a Ghost and welcome any opinions.

Never been in one but have seen a few around. I used to think the Phantom was the big daddy to own, but started to like the size of the Ghost more. The dealership isn't exactly down the street so hopefully I can find out some info from you guys beforehand.

This car packs a V-12TT correct? For those whom have driven it, does the power feel adequate?

It's hard to tell from the pictures I've seen on the net, but is the rear seat legroom comparable to the (2015) S550? If using the S550 as a benchmark, which rear compartment is more luxurious between the two?

Also for the cars that have the rear TV monitors, what sources can you plug in for video? Is there an AV plug? HDMI? USB? What movie format does it support if any?

Anything else I should know going into one of these?

Thanks!

Guys, I'm contemplating on adding a Ghost and welcome any opinions.

Never been in one but have seen a few around. I used to think the Phantom was the big daddy to own, but started to like the size of the Ghost more. The dealership isn't exactly down the street so hopefully I can find out some info from you guys beforehand.

This car packs a V-12TT correct? For those whom have driven it, does the power feel adequate?

It's hard to tell from the pictures I've seen on the net, but is the rear seat legroom comparable to the (2015) S550? If using the S550 as a benchmark, which rear compartment is more luxurious between the two?

Also for the cars that have the rear TV monitors, what sources can you plug in for video? Is there an AV plug? HDMI? USB? What movie format does it support if any?

Anything else I should know going into one of these?

Thanks!

RR Ghost just got a mid cycle update.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/ge...a/photo_00.html

Yea, I saw something about that in the Robb Report mag.

Though most likely I'll go for a used one that can be had around $150~$170K. I don't care to take the depreciation hit on these things.

Yea, I saw something about that in the Robb Report mag.

Though most likely I'll go for a used one that can be had around $150~$170K. I don't care to take the depreciation hit on these things.

I can speak to the horsepower as I have been in one on a long drive, few hours, and driven the same one for a while. Car is pretty fast, feels more than adequate. The trim is really nice, the monitors in the back I never used for video, just for the climate control and the navigation monitor and the like. Very comfy ride and handles well, too.

I think it is a tall ask at MSRP for a new one, even though they can be had for much, much less, but for what you can purchase a used one for, I think it is a lot of bang for the buck. I love the look, personally like it far more than the look of the Phantom.

I felt like of you don't get the EWB then you shouldn't get the car. Three adult men in the back seat was really tight in the standard.

:fgay:

You are doing it wrong. :icon_mrgreen:

We were on a ride and drive event. It's only gay if you look each other in the eye.

We were on a ride and drive event. It's only gay if you look each other in the eye.

Keep telling youself that. It will be ok.

Keep telling youself that. It will be ok.

You need a better imagination! ;)

I can totally see Allan making the wife drive him, Deuce and Jirre to In-N-Out Burger with the three of them holding hands in the back.

I heard from a Rolls dealer that there is a bar in the driver seat that gets uncomfortable. Not sure if it's true, but he said it's not as comfortable as other Rollers. Maybe wait and get a couple year old Wraith?

You need a better imagination! ;)

I can totally see Allan making the wife drive him, Deuce and Jirre to In-N-Out Burger with the three of them holding hands in the back.

I tried to post a vid but the file is too big.

I took off my shoes because the carpet was so soft.

image.jpg

Strange from that pic the S550 seems to have more leg room in the rear?

Iirc the s550 is a standard lwb . Like I said if you get standard wheelbase it's not enough. I'm not tall either.

Iirc the s550 is a standard lwb . Like I said if you get standard wheelbase it's not enough. I'm not tall either.

assman says..get LWB....see..so much space..plus more space for my scotch

jq6f0g.jpg

assman says..get LWB....see..so much space..plus more space for my scotch

jq6f0g.jpg

I should post the video. It was me you and Kin in the back seat while Terry drove and the rep was passenger. You were talking about how you would only buy it if you had a driver for it or something like that and Kin says it's like his 7 series.

If the standard length Ghost has less rear leg room than the S550 then I need to get my vision checked. I could have sworn from the exterior dimensions that the standard Ghost looks as long or longer than the S550? Unless it is appearance wise but they fucked up the rear leg room somehow.

2013 RR ghost 41.7, rear leg room

S550 Sedan ... REAR LEG ROOM 43.0 in

RR ghost ewb Rear legroom: (49.0")

That's what is published.

I should post the video. It was me you and Kin in the back seat while Terry drove and the rep was passenger. You were talking about how you would only buy it if you had a driver for it or something like that and Kin says it's like his 7 series.

lol....trolls we are...and the sales rep must be thinking "f-ing bunch of lambo d-bags"...

The Ghost is by far the best option out there. Theres no reason to get the ewb unless you are going to be riding in the back, if you are going to be driving the regular wb is the way to go. It has plenty of room in the back. For those of you riding with 3 adults in the back, you are nuts lol. Power and handling is great for the type of car it is. If you want anonymity S class is great, but if you want something special, cant beat the Ghost IMO.

The Ghost is by far the best option out there. Theres no reason to get the ewb unless you are going to be riding in the back, if you are going to be driving the regular wb is the way to go. It has plenty of room in the back. For those of you riding with 3 adults in the back, you are nuts lol. Power and handling is great for the type of car it is. If you want anonymity S class is great, but if you want something special, cant beat the Ghost IMO.

Aaron,

I presume your car has the rear seat monitors? Can you go into a little more detail on them? Are they used solely as a screen for the iDrive functions or is there a source input option for you to plug in a video source of some kind?

Aaron,

I presume your car has the rear seat monitors? Can you go into a little more detail on them? Are they used solely as a screen for the iDrive functions or is there a source input option for you to plug in a video source of some kind?

Yes mine has the rear seat monitors and the rear individual seat configuration option. I only used the monitors a couple of times to play around with the I drive stuff, so I am not sure about the video source thing.