College Football 2011

Roman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The university of Michigan premieres today with their new head coach Brady Hoeke. Word on the street is they are back to a big ten team, unlike the last failed attempt. I'm not holding my breath, considering who they are playing. Time will tell.

TCU/Baylor game was fun to watch last night...sometimes both teams looked good, and sometimes just horrible. Still Glad the Bears won! I hope like hell i can hear the LSU/Oregon game on Sirius tonight as Im driving my ass home from a pee wee football game...That should be a great game.

Auburn has its hands full with Utah State... Werent they a rave band from the 90's?

Saturday Round-up

Boise State looks REALLY GOOD.... Kellen Moore deserves to be in the lead for the Heisman... That fcuking kid throws a frozen rope like I havent seen in about 15 years.... And all that shit about "his receivers graduated and hes fucked now"... Yeah, shut the fcuk up.... He completed passes to 9 different players, including two cheerleaders and an equipment manager who wandered too close to the field.... Their defense can run with ANYBODY, but Im a bit concerned if there is a weakness its in the running game.. They cant afford to be one dimensional offensively, or Moore will eventually get keyed up and injured.

Oregon looked good except for two things.... #5 and #6 which are two of their three key players- The "Thomases". Together they cost Oregon the game, and probably their season... The Read option has shown its weakness.... Namely that they no longer have a quarterback who can run it... Besides that, Oregon looked REALLY out of shape.... I know its tough to prepare to play a game in Texas where the heat index is 496 degrees Celsius, when youre from Oregon and its been freezing for the last three weeks.... But shit... They played indoors and they still had to pass out the MIDOL like it was tick tacs... The Head trainer got a cramp from running out on the field treating the players' cramps.

USC looked So so... Doing the best they can given the circumstances I suppose.

The "Pac 12" looks to be about as interesting as a mime convention. Maybe Arizona can get their shit together, otherwise, its going to be a long season on the West coast.

Auburn looked BAD.

LSU looked fairly decent... But given how Oregon Self Destructed they better not get cocky.... Or they will get buttfucked the rest of the season.

Georgia was just outclassed.

The rest of the SEC played High School teams, so Im not going to waste a lot of time on that.

Every team thats left in the Big 12 that played this week , WON (10 out of 10, but we call them 12.... fcuk you)... But with the Exception of Baylor/TCU, the games were all powder puffs.

Notre Dame should keep praying.

Ohio State played the Toledo Culinary Academy, so Im not sure what we can take from that game.

Michigan looked lucky to get a win against the Lansing Cosmetology College.

Oh... And the fcuking Hoosiers still suck stonecutter ass.... I dont know what Im going to do with them...

By The way- Big Ten- Your conference subdivision names are absolutely fcuking gay.... "Legends & Leaders"... fcuk off... Get the fcuk over yourselves and pick a couple of compass headings like everybody else who isnt dicked up with their own faggotry.

I could not agree more about the names of the big 10 conferences. To be honest I havent met a Big 10 fan who doesnt absolutely hate thoughs. Only a woman in a marketing department could have ever come up with something so gay and embarrassing. Any men who thinks those names a good idea are already years beyond their castration....

I'm a Texas fan. But they could barely beat Rice. It looks like its going to be second verse, same as the first even with Harsin on the staff and Malcom Brown mowing people down.

Miami @ Maryland- The Miami Hurricanes, or as I like to call them- The Miami Dead Men Walking, looked like they have more than just the NCAA to worry about. Their secondary looks horrible... The Maryland Crash Test Dummies, picked them apart with the bubble screen the entire first half.... I can only assume that the Hurricanes half time pep talk included the lines "Play every down like it could be your last- Because it probably will be." They came out a little better the second half against the underneath stuff, but then the Crash Test Dummies started picking them apart down field.

Maryland, despite the Uniforms left over from NFL EUROPE, look like they may be a contender... Maybe not this season, but definitely in the next few.

Miami @ Maryland- The Miami Hurricanes, or as I like to call them- The Miami Dead Men Walking, looked like they have more than just the NCAA to worry about. Their secondary looks horrible... The Maryland Crash Test Dummies, picked them apart with the bubble screen the entire first half.... I can only assume that the Hurricanes half time pep talk included the lines "Play every down like it could be your last- Because it probably will be." They came out a little better the second half against the underneath stuff, but then the Crash Test Dummies started picking them apart down field.

Maryland, despite the Uniforms left over from NFL EUROPE, look like they may be a contender... Maybe not this season, but definitely in the next few.

I think they had 8 starters out for that game, but there is still no excuse. When your number is called, you have to be ready. Come on. Same buble screen play run over and over and over, and the defense doesn't adjust?

Horrible.

I think they had 8 starters out for that game,

Miami will be lucky to have 8 starters suspended if the Death Penalty talk keeps up...

Miami will be lucky to have 8 starters suspended if the Death Penalty talk keeps up...

I agree.

However, this happens at EVERY major university with a good football program. If their head rolls, WATCH OUT! :lol2:

I agree.

However, this happens at EVERY major university with a good football program. If their head rolls, WATCH OUT! :lol2:

It doesnt though... Listen, you know how I feel about paying players... And I sure as shit dont care about parties or boat trips.... But the one theyre going to have a real fcuking problem with is the "bounties"... Specifically the head hunting stuff... If there is a SHRED of evidence... EVEN A HINT of evidence, they are FUCKED....

Facts leaning against a Death Penalty:

The NCAA says they dont want to do that again after SMU.

Facts leaning towards a Death Penalty:

1. Repeat offender (this, by itself was good enough to get SMU the AX).

2. The program's involvement with the scandal- This isnt one player's PARENTS taking a bunch of cash that the coach's couldn't really have known about... (My coaches didnt know what my parents did for a living, let alone where they got their cash from) The allegation here is its the entire fcuking program, With tacit knowledge of the coaching staffs. 70 fcuking players....

3. The NCAA painted itself into a corner with SC. You cant give them the "Death Penalty Light" for 1 player away from the program, and not lower the fcuking boom on Miami.

4.The headhunting allegation... Thats the one that could end them... It was WRONG when Buddy Ryan did it at the pro level, it was WRONG when Luther Campbell did it (I cant remember who he was a booster for.... OH...WAIT) And it will leave very little choice for the NCAA.

Id have to say one of my favorite points of the day saturday was when Mark May's stupid ass went on his horridly biased rant against OSU not being up enough points and Lou Holtz turned to him and called him an idiot on air. I loathe Mark May....

RomanDad top 25-

1 Auburn

2 Boise State

3 LSU

4 Stanford

5 Ohio State

6 Oklahoma

7 Wisconsin

8 Alabama

9 Nevada

10 Arkansas

11 Oklahoma State

12 Michigan State

13 Mississippi State

14 Virginia Tech

15 Florida State

16 Missouri

17 Texas A&M

18 Nebraska

19 UCF

20 South Carolina

21 Maryland

22 North Carolina State

23 West Virginia

24 Baylor

25 The College of Disgrace

Yeah, Thats right.... I dont just jerk off into a cup and arbitrarily assign a team a pre-season number that has no basis in reality. Its based on the FINAL BCS top 25 last season. Heres the fcuking deal... If you did well last year, you get to take that success into this year... I dont arbitrarily DROP YOU OFF THE fcuking LIST, MAKING YOU HAVE TO CRAWL YOUR WAY BACK ON IT THROUGH THE REST OF THE SEASON, JUST TO MAKE SURE MY FAVORITE TEAM STAYS IN CONTENTION. Its a MERITOCRACY- Win- Stay at the top, Lose- DROP And yeah, Oregon, and TCU arent on it....

Good poll...although I hate to admit this, Texas A&M may be pretty good this year (they have the most obnoxious fans when they are winning...) and they may continue to move up.

Good poll...although I hate to admit this, Texas A&M may be pretty good this year (they have the most obnoxious fans when they are winning...) and they may continue to move up.

Time will tell. Its the first poll of the season. And in my poll if the team I arbitrarily picked as #1 loses, they don't arbitrarily drop to #3. I admit they weren't as good as I thought they were and they drop off the list entirely making room for no loss teams to take their spot.

Speaking of death penalties... Texas A+M is now going to the S E C.

Which means the Big 12 is now the BIg 9. And is soon to be the Big 6.

Auburn no 1 after almost losing to Utah State???

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

In other words, until Auburn loses, they have the longest win streak in the NCAA. And in my book that means they are #1.

I don't give a crap about "almost". Do I think auburn will go undefeated? Probably not, but I won't pretend they've already lost until they do.

The idea that the unbeaten defending national champ isn't even in the top 25 is demonstrative of the problem with the polling system.

Rankings this early in the season, to me, are total BS.

Barely beating one of the weakest teams in the WAC doesn't make you #1 just because you are undefeated.

Rankings this early in the season, to me, are total BS.

Barely beating one of the weakest teams in the WAC doesn't make you #1 just because you are undefeated.

But see, thats the problem..... WE DO RANK THE TEAMS THIS EARLY... A bunch of guys sit around and vote on who's the best team, without even seeing them play yet.... And not only that, those (arbitrary) rankings are then used to determine how good a team is ALL SEASON LONG... Trust me, 10 weeks from now somebody will say "LSU beat a #3 Oregon Team, and BSU only beat a #20 Georgia Team and Therefore LSU is the better team." Oregon can lose EVERY game the rest of the year, but, "They were #3 when LSU beat them." Because a bunch of people predicted they would be good. Even if they were wrong (and history has shown they always are) they use that WRONG prediction to weigh other teams.

AND, those rankings are 2/3rd of the BCS poll (and is an integral part of EACH computer program, that makes up the other 1/3rd, whether the computer nerds admit it or not).

Why not, instead of "Predicting" whos good and whos not, just take LAST SEASON as a starting point, and let WINS AND LOSSES determine who stays on the list.... WIN- Stay right where you are. Lose- FALL OFF THE LIST ENTIRELY AND MAKE ROOM FOR the 50% of teams that DIDNT lose last week?

We're never going to get a "playoff" but Im just advocating REMOVING some of the subjective shit that has fucked this game up.

[btw-You all know Im no Auburn or SEC fan- But I have a conspiracy theory as to WHY Auburn is unranked right now... But Ill sit on it a while.... Hint... It has to do with today's breaking news...]