larger tires on gallardo

fcs1965

Read this thread (link below).

I researched and determined I would not change tire size significantly from OEM. I did end up going with Michelin Pilot Super Sport which is not the OEM recommended tire (Pirelli PzeroCorsa).

I just did a search using key words "viscous coupler differential" and my user name "cake". It delivered five threads to read.

Good luck

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...er+differential

• 2 months later...
will it cause any differential problems running 245/35 19 fronts and 305/30 19 rears

Dont think there is enough room for 245 fronts as the 235 tyres are extremely close to the wheelhouses when turning.

The rears, I just went 305 myself.

Think about how wide 295 tyres are.

You are going 10mm wider.

Thats insignificant to the difference between a new tyre at say 8 mm and a worn tyre at say 2mm.

I will do a rolling radius between my new 305 and old 295 tyres and repost the findings.

Dont think there is enough room for 245 fronts as the 235 tyres are extremely close to the wheelhouses when turning.

Yes, there is enough room for 245's in the fronts. I have been running them for over a year and only made that choice after confirming that other people had been running them as well.

After having experienced them, I'm convinced the 245 is the way to go, I would never again go back to the 235. The Gallardo suffers from understeer and the slightly wider tire helps a little in this regard.

I have stock-sized rears (295). You can pair the 245's with either the 295's or the 305's. I probably would have gone with the 305's if they had been available but they were out of stock for months when I needed to purchase.

By the way, I strongly recommend Pilot Super Sports and avoiding the Pirelli's.

Yes, there is enough room for 245's in the fronts. I have been running them for over a year and only made that choice after confirming that other people had been running them as well.

After having experienced them, I'm convinced the 245 is the way to go, I would never again go back to the 235. The Gallardo suffers from understeer and the slightly wider tire helps a little in this regard.

I have stock-sized rears (295). You can pair the 245's with either the 295's or the 305's. I probably would have gone with the 305's if they had been available but they were out of stock for months when I needed to purchase.

Hi Spyderbite,

can you confirm the profile and diameter of the 245's you are running on the front, please.

I am with you as the MPSS being the best tyre in my experience for the non-tt Gallardo.

cheers,

john

When I purchased my car a few months ago it came with a new set of stock size Pirelli's.. I can't wait to swap for Michelin PSS 10mm wider front and back.

Hi Spyderbite,

can you confirm the profile and diameter of the 245's you are running on the front, please.

I am with you as the MPSS being the best tyre in my experience for the non-tt Gallardo.

cheers,

john

Heyya John,

MPSS, 245/35/19, stock 2010 Apollo rims.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn Im pissed I didnt see the posts about the 245's as it took months for the tyre shop to import the correct Pirelli tyres for the G and when you think about it, thats only 5mm of extra tread either side of the centre line.

Now on the understeer statement, not true in my opinion.

I just thrashed the shit out of a stock 04 G - 11 laps around a demanding race track called Hampton Downs Motorsport Park just south of Auckland here in NZ.

I am the only person to have driven this car that many laps around the track and every lap I got more and more confident in the cars ability.

At no time did it feel like understeer in fact I overheated the brakes that bad that the last couple of laps I was unable to actually use them so they could cool off.

That is an unusual feeling coming full noise into a blind corner and only using the downshift to line up for the apex, probably something a professional driver does on a regular basis but not my idea of fun.

I would never subject my G to this amount of abuse so I probably wont find the understeer point you mentioned.

These cars handle so well, I only wish I could have set up my 600hp HSV Clubsport to handle as well but hey, I wouldnt have bought the awesome G then.

• 6 months later...

I have been running the 235 / 305 Pirelli tyres for a bit now and I have to say when they get warm, man they handle well.

I dont know where this understeer comes from but it hasn't happened to me and I have just had a little track work which resulted in massive flames coming from the exhaust from the caining it got.

The only problem I had was not being able to catch a S/C AMG C63 out of the corners.......soon baby......soon.