Help with my Perfy spec

JohnN

Ok guys. I have never done this before with such an expensive new car. I went to my dealer to learn about some options. I "think" i don't care about crazy colors and options/etc. I "think" my philosophy was to run it bare bones but was sure to get the LDS and electronic shocks because the fast ring lap car had them. I "think" I care mostly about the performance vs paying for pearl paint/stereo/etc. Let me know if my "thinking" will fcuk the shit out of the resale. I unfortunately get bored with newer cars semi quickly and I am sure I will try other stuff. So inevitably it will be sold. I'm guessing I'll keep it 1-2 years. There's just too many different cars to enjoy out there. I wouldn't mind keeping price tag low, but also don't want to kill resale...

There are 2 "free" colors. Gloss white and black. Black kills the lines a lot and hides the gloss forged carbon on the body. So the base gloss white body is what I was thinking. Other paint options are 2500-25000.

Mimas wheels are also the included no cost wheel. They're the lightest I think too. I remembered that they are the lightest from Fiske buying a set for his red H to replace the other H wheels. I also honestly LOVE the way they look too vs the center lock wheel and the other bronze wheel, which are both extra $ options. I WISH the center lock wheel looked nicer, as I love the center lock itself, but I hate the look of the wheel. I am contemplating just getting the center lock black wheels for 5900 even though I hate the design of the wheels. Then I can anodize the center lock in the aftermarket to be VI to match the caliper as well!! I was also going to pay $1200 to make the Mimas gloss black anyway. I can paint them gloss black myself for under $400, but would prefer the gloss black wheels are on the build sheet vs aftermarket if possible. But either way this cost closes the delta to just getting the center locks. I'm leading toward center locks after I just typed this out... What do you guys think on that?

The body will have the red/white/green Italian livery stripes in stickers (not paint), down the sides and "Performante" script in VI on the back quarter panels which are included. Obviously VI calipers too. On all of ebay/autotrader, I haven't seen 1 single white car with a VI caliper. I will make the ebrake calipers VI as well.

I thought race seats, even though my huge back doesn't fit at all when I tried them in NYC. I do want all the possible performance out of the car. The rep said each race seat is about 20lbs lighter than the comfort seats. So will that mean 88lbs weight reduction they advertise minus another 40 for the seats? Or was 88lbs reduction with the race seats already? It is also hard not to spend the $3500 option for the VI green "Y" on the seats like a A SV and green stitching in seats and dash. It's a lot of color for not much $. Also hopefully the little ring at 12 o'clock on the steering wheel can come in VI too.

I think this set of options above came to 300 or so, with GGT and delivery, not including center locks.

The question is, am i fcuking up resale by not getting NAV, branding package, Bluetooth, backup sensors(which I HATE they way they look on the bumpers), upgraded stereo, and other important options?? Is it crazy to not want to spend the $ on those options?

I can wrap the roof in gloss or flat black easily.

I believe the center of the front bumper, side skirts, and wing posts will all come flat black. Unless I get the style option.

Am I splitting hairs too much or what?? How insane do you guys get when doing this shit?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO, options don't necessarily bring more money at resale, especially compared to their cost new but they do make the car easier to sell vs a stripper.

Most buyers are going to want the cool options.

Also I'll bet the car would look amazing in blu ely.

First off, congrats!

With the current wrapping technology, colours are easy. White is as safe a bet as you can get. VI highlights should make the car stand out. Personally, I think black wheels had been done to death but that's just me. Nothing wrong with it; just that nearly every car has it. White with bronze wheels will be sharp although VI calipers may be a tad odd in that combo so black, I suppose, is a safer bet. Not sure about the ebrake in VI though. Centre locks are cool and would augment the P nicely. I am a bit apprehensive on changing the centre lock colour though. It would be nice but I doubt you can match the VI through anodizing (ask me how I know) and after all the stripping and reanodizing, will it affect the metallurgy and integrity of the rings as your entire car is coupled to and riding on those 4 rings.

Interior sounds good. Sport seats are cool so long as your physique and back can tolerate them. I haven't sat in the P's sport seats but if the AV-SV sports seats are any reference, they aren't everyone's cup of tea. They do save about 20lbs per seat though. And they will play a factor on resale: you likely have to wait for the right buyer for your right car with sports seats as oppose to no one except the most hardcore owner would object to the comfort seats.

I would at least put a stereo in the car and possibly Bluetooth. The others are more or less fluff. Nice to have parking sensors but not essential for a relatively small car. Anyone who owns a P should at least know how to park it, LOL. Stereo is essential though and despite the redundancy for a hardcore track-oriented car, it's still required for proper resale value. Again, ask me how I know. (I had a MY08 white Superleggera with radio delete and I swapped out the OEM comfort seats with the sports seats.) Overall, sounds like a good spec. Congrats again!

Btw after spending 30 seconds in the sport seats I wondered if I was being punished for doing something wrong.

Sounds like a great spec, although it would probably be wise to order nav, stereo and branding as those are options 99% will want. Consider dark gray wheels as well. Black is played even though I do like black wheels, I think the dark grey would work nicely with white and green. Good luck!!

I would not do parking calipers in VI. I assume they are black. You want them to disappear - not to stand out.

Congrats!!

I always say order for yourself and not for the next guy but I agree with others on the stereo, Bluetooth I will also add the parking sensors to the same group, if all things equal almost everyone would go for the car which has these options rather than the car without them, it would be once again for the same reason, resale.

Good luck with your puchase, this is very exciting.

Edit:

Sorry I just noticed your request in the other thread, here you go.

IMG_2782.PNG

Killer advice guys. Thank you. I have a crap load of cars already but it's still exciting getting another one, especially one this awesome. Kind of like getting laid. Never gets old. Lol

Questions.

1. I thought when i was declining the upgraded stereo option, I'd still be getting some sort of base stereo. Not no stereo all together! It does have a base stereo right? Then an upgraded stereo for $ on top??

2. The titanium mimas work with the white and VI?? I'd def like that now than black wheels! I can't match colors for shit! But how bad will bronze mimas look with VI caliper. Would be nice to match something to the intake manifold, right? Or maybe it won't matter as I'll have the VF blower in VI!! :)

3. Will the paddles be forged carbon?

4. Complete engine bay forged carbon?

5. Hopefully trofeo R tires are an option. Most of my miles will be to the trackz on the track and back home. Lol. If not an option i call tire rack! Haha.

6. How do you think the flat black front, side skirts, and wing posts will look against all the gloss white/gloss forged carbon? Are those parts in gloss black that much better which would mean i need style package?

So the ressle stuff i have to get so i don't give it away when that time comes is necessary. I understand. If the car has no stereo, i def need that. I just hate how backup sensors mess up the look. I don't think i can stomach that. Also i guess branding and Bluetooth are cheap enough. Good idea! I guess as bad as i love the look of the race seats i will eventually get pissed off in them. The large carbon race seats in my 550M are wide as hell up top for my shoulders. Why the hell can't lambo make them bigger damnit. I knew I should have done more leg days than lat days when I was a meathead. Lol.

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the pic fortis. It is exciting for sure. Will be pumpin hardcore at work and home with the family to make myself earn it...

The sport seats are brutal.

Same seats I believe that were in the 570-SL. If not the *same* seats I bet they are made by the same company..Sparco.

The sport seats DO look amazing. I bet that non-sport seat cars will take a hit in resell. This car should have sport seats as the fit the cars mission.

I will order mine with the sport seats knowing I will hate them after about 30 mins.

Someone needs to come out with a sport seat pad...

Killer advice guys. Thank you. I have a crap load of cars already but it's still exciting getting another one, especially one this awesome. Kind of like getting laid. Never gets old. Lol

Questions.

1. I thought when i was declining the upgraded stereo option, I'd still be getting some sort of base stereo. Not no stereo all together! It does have a base stereo right? Then an upgraded stereo for $ on top??

2. The titanium mimas work with the white and VI?? I'd def like that now than black wheels! I can't match colors for shit! But how bad will bronze mimas look with VI caliper. Would be nice to match something to the intake manifold, right? Or maybe it won't matter as I'll have the VF blower in VI!! :)

5. Hopefully trofeo R tires are an option. Most of my miles will be to the trackz on the track and back home. Lol. If not an option i call tire rack! Haha.

6. How do you think the flat black front, side skirts, and wing posts will look against all the gloss white/gloss forged carbon? Are those parts in gloss black that much better which would mean i need style package?

So the ressle stuff i have to get so i don't give it away when that time comes is necessary. I understand. If the car has no stereo, i def need that. I just hate how backup sensors mess up the look. I don't think i can stomach that. Also i guess branding and Bluetooth are cheap enough. Good idea! I guess as bad as i love the look of the race seats i will eventually get pissed off in them. The large carbon race seats in my 550M are wide as hell up top for my shoulders. Why the hell can't lambo make them bigger damnit. I knew I should have done more leg days than lat days when I was a meathead. Lol.

Thanks everyone. Thanks for the pic fortis. It is exciting for sure. Will be pumpin hardcore at work and home with the family to make myself earn it...

The sport seats are brutal.

Same seats I believe that were in the 570-SL. If not the *same* seats I bet they are made by the same company..Sparco.

The sport seats DO look amazing. I bet that non-sport seat cars will take a hit in resell. This car should have sport seats as the fit the cars mission.

I will order mine with the sport seats knowing I will hate them after about 30 mins.

Someone needs to come out with a sport seat pad...

I must be the one in ten people in this world who like the sports seats LOL

I absolutely love them, perhaps because of my size, they feel like they are molded around my body, I can see how they would be uncomfortable for larger individuals.

I must be the one in ten people in this world who like the sports seats LOL

I absolutely love them, perhaps because of my size, they feel like they are molded around my body, I can see how they would be uncomfortable for larger individuals.

Make that TWO out of the FIFTY people. :icon_mrgreen: The A-SV seats are different from the LP570-4SL seats. The A-SV has lesser padding so they feel a bit harder still. They are also wider than the LP570-4SL seats but the angle of recline is about the same. Never weighted the A-SV seats but judging from their construction and materials used, the A-SV seats are likely a tiny bit lighter too. There was a post a long while back but I believe the overall consensus was if one is above 5'11" and has a long torso, then you will absolutely hate the sports seats.

Questions.

I now wish I paid more attention at the unveiling :icon_mrgreen:

1. I am pretty sure it does have stereo built in as part of the infotainment, it would be harder to delete it than to just give you one, I think Apple CarPlay is an option and they might also have a upgraded stereo option, I'd add Apple CarPlay but definitely not upgrade to the optional stereo.

2. Bronze looks killer on white and you are correct the intakes will be matched also, not sure about VI on bronze, VI needs a dark background to pop but I think it will also look nice with bronze, ultimately wheels and caliper colors can easily be changed so don't beat yourself up too much about it.

3. Can not remember exactly but I don't think they were.

4. To me this is kind of unnecessary since you hardly going to look at and with the Performante due to all the aero stuff at the back you don't get to see a lot around the intakes, I'd rather have nothing there than carbon, so personally I wouldn't spec them, also they can be easily retrofitted, spend that budget on things you can't retrofit.

5. From what we were told and as far as I remember ( as I said I didn't pay to much attention LOL) the specially developed Pirrelli tires are standard not an option, I know I discussed it with my dealer expressing concerns about their life span and availability to purchase replacements.

6. I personally like the matte finish of carbon againts gloss paint, it sets it off nicely and makes it look more purposeful others like the gloss on gloss so it's a matter of preference, I'd start with matte because you can always either gloss or wrap in gloss the matte bits, I'd apply the same principle, if you can do it later why spend money upfront on something you aren't sure about?

Also as a separate note, if you worried about resale I'd order the sensors, they are a massive pain to retrofit and greater majority out there will not see their look as a hindrance therefore they will not be as convinced to go without.

Just my opinion :icon_thumleft:

JohnN,

Perhaps in a darker bronze shade as you would prefer but bronze-coloured wheel with VI calipers would absolutely work. This also offer a hint that perhaps you may wish to leave the e-brake caliper in black.

I would also skip the gloss black / styling package. Doesn't seem to match the P and it would be a pain to upkeep; every bit of dirt and/or scratch will be visible.

IMG_6296.JPG

Make that TWO out of the FIFTY people. :icon_mrgreen: The A-SV seats are different from the LP570-4SL seats. The A-SV has lesser padding so they feel a bit harder still. They are also wider than the LP570-4SL seats but the angle of recline is about the same. Never weighted the A-SV seats but judging from their construction and materials used, the A-SV seats are likely a tiny bit lighter too. There was a post a long while back but I believe the overall consensus was if one is above 5'11" and has a long torso, then you will absolutely hate the sports seats.

Glad to see we on the same page LOL

The A-SV definitely have less padding than the LP570 seats, my friend has race seats in his Huracan Spyder and they are identical to those in the SV so I expect the Performante to have SV seats.

Glad to see we on the same page LOL

Always. :icon_mrgreen:

The A-SV definitely have less padding than the LP570 seats, my friend has race seats in his Huracan Spyder and they are identical to those in the SV so I expect the Performante to have SV seats.

If you recall from the Grande Giro, I think the best looking and the best compromise between comfort and weight-saving seats are those in the Sesto Elemento. I think the Aventador-J have something similar as well. Too bad that they are not available for the "mainstream" models. :(

Huge thanks for all the words guys. I am grinding through all the variables from all the awesome insight I got from you guys.

I do feel the wheel needs to be bronze. If not, I won't have a single thing to match the manifold. Or do I keep my spec as is and make the manifold VI after i get it!!?????? Yes??

Huge thanks for all the words guys. I am grinding through all the variables from all the awesome insight I got from you guys.

I do feel the wheel needs to be bronze. If not, I won't have a single thing to match the manifold. Or do I keep my spec as is and make the manifold VI after i get it!!?????? Yes??

The bronze on the intakes is unique to this model I'd leave it myself but that comes down to what you want :icon_thumleft:

is skipping any sort of ICE (in car entertainment) a bad idea on a $300k Lambo that is designed in the same theme as a RS Porsche a bad idea?. A non-ice Porsche GT3-RS or Ferrari Speciale matters not. Personally I will only spec options that add to the light weight theme and not distract. Parking sensors on a car like this (to ME) seem silly.

Besides, it is possible that the H-P may not need ICE. Nothing dates a car faster than the interface. I bet the in car noise from this little beast may negate any sort of ICE.

I had a Scuderia with no ICE and loved it. Same with a RS Porsche.

NAV is better on your phone.....

I like your thinking about the the bronze wheels and bronze valve covers....

The super safe colors to order are the launch colors. Green and matte orange. The least safe are the reds. Red Lambos seem to sit.

Going to visit the H-P this week. Speccing soon there after.

The bronze on the intakes is unique to this model I'd leave it myself but that comes down to what you want :icon_thumleft:

JohnN,

Perhaps in a darker bronze shade as you would prefer but bronze-coloured wheel with VI calipers would absolutely work. This also offer a hint that perhaps you may wish to leave the e-brake caliper in black.

I would also skip the gloss black / styling package. Doesn't seem to match the P and it would be a pain to upkeep; every bit of dirt and/or scratch will be visible.

VCR - Any details on these wheels? They are beautiful. Much better than the Performante center locks IMO. Lamborghini should offer these! (I'm assuming they're aftermarket).

Congrats John! The color was the hardest part....I went with Verde Singh but you can't go wrong with white.

Second is the seats...I was a hardcore track guy and daily drove an Exige with a CF bucket seat with No padding - that was in my younger years. My SV bucket seats are so uncomfortable I had to order that lumbar Q stitch pad off eBay to survive. Soooo (and after talking with my dealer) we went with the comfort seats. I know if you are considering resale, this may be important.

Definitely do bronze wheels to match bronze manifold covers. I am.

I did add the silly parking sensors, Bluetooth and recently added the Applecarplay/Nav....because fact of matter is I'll be driving it more on the street than the track. Most people will.

When is your expected delivery?

VCR - Any details on these wheels? They are beautiful. Much better than the Performante center locks IMO. Lamborghini should offer these! (I'm assuming they're aftermarket).

Brixton Forged on that SV

Going today to try and finalize the order. Will reread this entire thread on my way there. Thanks again everyone. Will post it up here later in case you guys see something off. I think I have till April 14 to mess around with it if I have to.